Fake Slide should be 15 yard penalty

Zerovoltz

38 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

So no comment on the fake slide?

I dunno, as long as we're commenting on things that didn't happen maybe you can comment on whether I was justified in kicking Taylor Swift out of the hotel room for leaving cracker crumbs on the sheets.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

I just watched the replay.  He was never close to a slide.  

Just change your screen name to "I'm afraid of the Chiefs coming to Buffalo" for the next week if you're going to show this much fear of Josh by seeing things that aren't there.  

Shakir totally fake slid too by almost going down on his td 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

LMAO. Mahomes did a fake slide in the season opener vs. the Lions. 

The outrage about the slide that drew the penalty is just stupid. 

Regardless, you shouldn’t direct your outrage at Allen. If you’re so fricken upset about it, write a damn letter to the league and register your complaint. In the meantime, get a clue.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

GTFO Zero.  I normally defend you when folks say you’re trolling, but you know damned well how you’d be reacting if Mahomes got hit like that after he committed to slide, or if your Chiefs got penalized 15 yards every time Patty does that little fake “I’m gonna go out of bounds don’t hit me” juke he loves.

Go eat a Patty Melt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

See mahomes slows down gradually to a jog and crouches down to try to draw a late hit…that’s the scummy bush league fake slide that you’re trying to label this as.  Allen slamming on the brakes and changing direction is nowhere near either of these two plays it’s just complete nonsense that any nfl defender would interpret that as a slide.  They took bad angles,tried to adjust, and got beat none of them quit on the play 

I will and have openly admitted when josh flops or does something bush league and this was neither 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The nearest defender was 7 yards away.....

Dude Josh Allen barely slides as is... And I'm the touchdown run there's nobody barreling in on him 

He's literally setting up a cut not sliding with green grass on DBs

• Agree 2

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Moron... its not a fake slide.  Why would any QB slide with the defender 7+ yards and had traffic between them

He’s irrelevant and fishing for clicks imo…there’s no universe where any player would ever think what Josh did was a fake slide 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The nearest defender was 7 yards away.....

This tweet makes no fff sense.  No defender near him and he takes on defenders.  He’s at the point of taking on secondary, not DL like if this was still at the line.

42 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This is a bad look for you

be better

Don’t expect better from a Chiefs fan. Mahomes is THE biggest baby in the NFL and a Chiefs fan that for whatever reason likes to be on a Bills board goes trolling about a QB doing something that could draw a flag is the ULTIMATE in hypocrisy.  GTFO 

• Thank you (+1) 1

It wasn't a fake slide. And watching it again (and again, and again), I don't see a fake slide.

But to be perfectly honest, watching in real time I totally thought he was pulling up and going into a slide. And I can see how that have put some Steelers back on their heels. 

But still ... no way it was a "fake slide."

1 minute ago, djp14150 said:

This tweet makes no fff sense.  No defender near him and he takes on defenders.  He’s at the point of taking on secondary, not DL like if this was still at the line.

They’re saying him slamming on the brakes to change direction was him giving up on the play because the defense got burnt so badly that in their minds that had to be what happened.  Not one pit defender quit on the play

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

It wasn't a fake slide. And watching it again (and again, and again), I don't see a fake slide.

But to be perfectly honest, watching in real time I totally thought he was pulling up and going into a slide. And I can see how that have put some Steelers back on their heels. 

But still ... no way it was a "fake slide."

That’s funny I was the opposite and absolutely knew he wasn’t sliding when he did that real time and was not happy about it lol 

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Dude spent years here as a visitor team’s fan, slowly building up credibility and credit, and then…

BAM

squandered.

Meanwhile please prepare for some serious bitching by Patty next week.. He’s been embarrassing with his behavior this year. Facts !! 

Just now, psuscott16 said:

Only word that matters is in the title -  "should".

It's not, Allen did nothing wrong. Moving on.

Even if it was they’d only call blatantly obvious ones like what mahomes has done a few times.  The play tonight absolutely never would’ve been flagged 

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Fake topics should result in a ban.

Especially from a Chief’s fan, who are the worst yet a lot of people here always bending over backwards to say how great they are. Minimum 90% of online Chief fan interactions I’ve seen personally leave me with ZERO respect for any of them. 

• Like (+1) 2

I agree with the OP, a fake slide should be a penalty. I'm just not sure why he brought it up now considering Mahomes got away with it way back in Week 1. He should've brought it up then.

59 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

You thought it was fake slide? Apparently it was the first game you have ever seen. The penalty on the slide was on the soft side but  your first comment is beyond stupid.

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You know that is just a sharp cut, right?   Great running, not a fake slide. lol. 

I’m trying to trace this back to the source lol are Steelers fans the ones complaining about this?  Or just bills haters in general?  Notable mobile qb Chase Daniel tweeted it’s a fake slide and likely got the war in the comment section he wanted 😂

The sideline was yelling slide and Josh slowed down like maybe he was getting ready to slide but he never got into any kind of a slide motion.   I do t think that is a fake slide.  What Pickett did in college was a fake slide

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Just because your QB is a little b!tch that can't do a QB keeper because he is so injury prone he dislocated his knee cap last time he tried and who also fake slides quite a bit and fake goes out of bounds, doesn't mean ours is.

That was not a fake slide, it was a juke move and then he trucked a safety and ran away from the rest of the DBs.

Don't worry. Sneed can get some next week. Maybe he can have his legs broken by Allen and then get hurdled for a first down again.

Gay and Jones can get it too. Allen doesn't discriminate on who he stuff arms and trucks. Ask Christian Wilkins and Jerome Baker from the Fins 

His QB tried to truck it into the endzone got 0 additional yards and broke his helmet.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Go away

I thought I maybe imagined this post. Like a fever dream.

I went and had a beer and ate some rice and came back and it was still here! It's real!

A human being who is a fan of neither of the teams that played today actually took the time to come here and post it!

Amazing.

• Haha (+1) 2