1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Serious question. Could you ask for a refund if your seat was one that wasn't cleared ? 

Really?  You wouldn't go?  Or you would go and sit and watch the game on the snow and ask for a refund?  Either way I would say no

Just now, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Serious question. Could you ask for a refund if your seat was one that wasn't cleared ? 

pretty sure that's the reason why they included the "all sales are final" in the purchase of tickets.  

Not trying to be snarky about it but asking the NFL to give money back to the fans is basically asking the devil to be nice.

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

With a slick turf I would not have dressed Miller. I would have sat him.

Like that Joseph is dressing. 

There is no way the coaches are making the decision in him based on film.

He’s been a complete ghost the entire year. 

Jonathan is healthy and gives you 100% effort. 

Fresh fallen snow is 90-95% air (yes I looked it up).  The untouched seats filled with snow look bad, but once people trample a path through the aisle it will be fine.  If you want to sit push the snow off and trample some more.  Plus there's going to be more open seats/space in aisles this game with no shows 

12 minutes ago, Calidiehard said:

Kept hearing Steelers fans calling Bills and their fans soft for the game being postponed. Now toughen up and STFU.

It takes a true moron to not understand the neither the Bills nor their fans had anything to do with the postponement.  They will see how soft we are today.

21 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Honestly, the fact that more than 1/2 of the stadium seats are not useable is embarrassing to me as a born & bred WNYer, and certainly should be to the Bills organization.

OTOH, I'm not sure that there was any way around it. The only answer would have been that they needed WAY MORE manpower than they got in clearing the stadium out. I actually used to work for a temp labor company, and I'm wondering why they didn’t use temp laborers from such companies. Do they not have those in WNY? In FL, we have tons of such companies.

There was a travel ban dude. If the game was tomorrow it would be cleared. There just isn’t enough time because the snow just stopped not long ago. Also, there’s a lot more people desperate for a days work in a state like Florida. They have day-labor places on every corner down there because there’s so much demand. They have Labor-Ready and Laborfinders. Not so in NY due to basic labor laws.

Edited by Governor

Just now, Beast said:

How many fans do you all think will be at the stadium?

It's still a playoff game for 2 storied franchises...I'd be shocked if there's less than 60K in the stands for this? A 10K weather/travel attendance attrition sounds about right? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Really?  You wouldn't go?  Or you would go and sit and watch the game on the snow and ask for a refund?  Either way I would say no

If I knew my seat was filled with snow I would not want to go.  I don't think it's unreasonable that my seat for a sporting event was clear and accessible.  If the Bills aren't capable of accomplishing that then maybe they should build a dome.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

There is no way the coaches are making the decision in him based on film.

He’s been a complete ghost the entire year. 

Jonathan is healthy and gives you 100% effort. 

90 is strong against the run.

18 minutes ago, Calidiehard said:

Kept hearing Steelers fans calling Bills and their fans soft for the game being postponed. Now toughen up and STFU.

That would have been the "storm of the century" there and they would have been shut down for a week and been talking about it for the next 100 years. Here we just do what we do, stay off the roads and are good the next day.

It's really amazing how few places get any sorts of winter weather like we do and how low their typical yearly snowfall totals are. At least anywhere with any sorts of population. I mean sure East Jahunga, Michigan gets hit pretty hard in the UP but not many live there.

No place that has won back-to-back National Golden Snowglobe titles for most snow of any city in the US with a population of over 100K(including Alaska) can eve be considered soft. By definition you have to be some hard nosed SOB's to take the brunt of what Mother Nature gives you off the lakes in the winter and come back for more next year.

Edited by Big Turk

- seats covered. Not well cleaned at all. Made aisles better boot plowing row. Used cardboard to jnncover seat

- bass from 35 right down middle with 15+ on it.

- Wind not bad. Going from scoreboard toward tunnel.

- lot of Steelers fans here already. All near the front. Probably paid premium to get here. Bills fans still in lot tailgating and having fun. Steelers fans had nothing else to do but sit on each other's laps and play patsy so they came in.

Not cold inside stadium. Not cold outside. Very comfortable temperature whatever it is. 

Martin looks strong with the wind moving and seems to be doing well direction

10 and 11 doing a lot of warming up. Harty shakir

87 is Isabella. Doing a lot of footwork and moving around. Focused   

It too tipsy despite at least 3 shots from Mrs Cletus. 

Looks like 26 is in the end zone returning 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 11

The wind is going to be a factor on punts to the tunnel.  They're getting 5-10 yards more, despite the flags on goal posts not moving.

Wind on field not an issue. Subtle breeze from time to time. 

The rap music they're playing is disgusting because rap is terrible

Bills just came out of the tunnel for team warmups...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, boyst said:

- seats covered. Not well cleaned at all. Made aisles better boot plowing row. Used cardboard to jnncover seat

- bass from 35 right down middle with 15+ on it.

- Wind not bad. Going from scoreboard toward tunnel.

- lot of Steelers fans here already. All near the front. Probably paid premium to get here. Bills fans still in lot tailgating and having fun. Steelers fans had nothing else to do but sit on each other's laps and play patsy so they came in.

Not cold inside stadium. Not cold outside. Very comfortable temperature whatever it is. 

Martin looks strong with the wind moving and seems to be doing well direction

10 and 11 doing a lot of warming up. Harty shakir

87 is Isabella. Doing a lot of footwork and moving around. Focused   

It too tipsy despite at least 3 shots from Mrs Cletus. 

Looks like 26 is in the end zone returning 

Comfortable temps are a result of lack of wind. It's like 15 degrees outside, but without any wind chill it doesn't feel too bad.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Joseph fills that spot.  Can't have Poona, Joseph and Jones on the field and have Oliver only play 30-40% of the snaps because you are afraid of the run.  JMO.

But Miller can't stop the run OR rush the passer, or at least he hasn't shown that he can do either this year. I'm hoping he has shown something in practice, and it's not just wishful thinking. 

Just now, boyst said:

The wind is going to be a factor on punts to the tunnel.  They're getting 5-10 yards more, despite the flags on goal posts not moving.

Wind expected to get even calmer throughout the game, starting at 10 mph and ending at 7 mph by end of the game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, finn said:

But Miller can't stop the run OR rush the passer, or at least he hasn't shown that he can do either this year. I'm hoping he has shown something in practice, and it's not just wishful thinking. 

I don't disagree at all.  I think Jonathan would be a better fit for the run but he's also not really suppose to be a pass rusher.  Von is.  I don't expect them to throw over 25 times in the game in the same regard so I would have preferred Kingsley also.

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

A lot of the newer stuff can be described this way, but not the older songs when rapper’s couldn’t just mumble their way through a beat. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

Supposed to be 9-10 mph at kickoff.  This is huge. Throw the ball....unleash the Kracken

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I don't disagree at all.  I think Jonathan would be a better fit for the run but he's also not really suppose to be a pass rusher.  Von is.  I don't expect them to throw over 25 times in the game in the same regard so I would have preferred Kingsley also.

The only thing that makes sense is that they're thinking the Steelers will fall behind and be passing most of the game, in which case they will want a robust rotation. But, as you say, Kingsley has been more effective rushing the passer than Miller, at least so far. I don't get it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs in warmups telling coaches to practice throwing them low to him, and behind. He ends up dictating what each WR will do for their warmup. Calls the move. 

Steelers don't even like they are here to lose. I don't like Tomlin so I have bias, I think they should move on... But they are out here moving with purpose.

Bills individual. DL in corner talking.  Lineman standing around. DB's moving lose playing pass. Qbs throwing routes just now. 30, Jackson has himself dialed in by his movements. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It's still a playoff game for 2 storied franchises...I'd be shocked if there's less than 60K in the stands for this? A 10K weather/travel attendance attrition sounds about right? 

Buffalo is definitely not a "Storied franchise."

We do have a great fanbase though, we all know that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.