See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

He's incredible.  But to call out "Allen Haters" when the really negative Allen comments come during the game day threads, based solely on immediate reactions is a bit much.      Should you "show yourself the door" for starting threads on McDermott when the guy is 30 wins over .500, has made the playoffs 6 of 7 years, and outcoached the "genius" last night?   No, you should keep posting because thats what this board is for.   To have discussion with fellow Bills' fans, to calm one another down, and to have community.  

I think when the dust settles pretty much everyone on this board would choose Allen over every other QB in the league.  I've routinely said he is the 2nd best QB in the league, very arguable he has become the best, and clearly the most important to his team.    Everyone should continue to have their own opinions, but I think we can all agree GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

You live and die with Josh Allen. 

I may get frustrated at times with him, and I think we all do. probably because we’ve seen what he’s capable of. Missing that long pass to Diggs when all he needs to do is put a bit of air under the throw and let Diggs run under it instead of trying to drop a dime for instance. 

As long as the live to die remains 4:1 ratio. I’m good. 

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

If Josh could have the next month and a half where his mistake-to-amazing play ratio drops to damned near zero, they win the title. Way too much has already been said, have to take the bad with the good. Just seems like most or all of his mistakes this year have led to turnovers, while in other years maybe there have been more dropped INT's.

100% this. 

I sometimes wonder just what Josh is seeing that he throws the ball . On the one INT the receiver was 6 yds away from where the INT happened he wasn't even close . At least if the guy was fighting for the ball or right at the point of where the ball was thrown but the opponent was the only 1 near the ball .

Those are the throws & the INT's that get me it's like he was throwing it to the other team on purpose . 

But that being said he's a Bill for ever & i'll ride with him where ever he takes the team ... GO BILLS !!! 

Edited by T master

The first pick was Davis’ fault, he’s awful on hot routes and doesn’t seem to be on the same page. 

Second was all on Josh, should have thrown it away 

Fumble was a wash for me after sleeping on it. Would have liked Josh to hang on to it better, but Wilkins obliterated Torrence and made a very very good play. 

31 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree.  My problem i with the over the top attacks on Allen by some on 2BD.  IMO these are two entirely different things.

And Allen and the team has already played as close to a perfect game as possible - the 2021 playoff win over New England.

There are not over the attacks on Allen. 

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

The first pick was Davis’ fault, he’s awful on hot routes and doesn’t seem to be on the same page. 

Fumble was a wash for me after sleeping on it. Would have liked Josh to hang on to it better, but Wilkins obliterated Torrence and made a very very good play. 

The 2nd INT was on 4th down.... I'm glad our QB tried to make a play rather than just throw it away to preserve his personal stats. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Are you happy the Bills won?  Because the Bills won - FACT.

Thrilled they won.

Not fooling myself into believing they'll do anything of worth in the postseason if he puts together halves like the first half last night.

It simply CANNOT happen.

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

There are not over the top attacks on Allen. 

These aren’t over the top? Bench him? Mental midget? He sucks? He’s not an asset?

There are dozens more examples too from within the past 24 hours.

IMG-6359.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6361.jpg

IMG-6360.jpg

IMG-6358.jpg

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Normally, watching the game back, everything looks better - particularly after a win. Not today. The first interception was stupid. The second interception was stupid, albeit slightly more forgivable as it was akin to a punt. The play at the end of the half was boneheaded and McDermott was rightly seething on the sidelines. They were plays that college QBs would be slaughtered for, let alone someone of Josh's caliber and experience.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 6

18 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

The 2nd INT was on 4th down.... I'm glad our QB tried to make a play rather than just throw it away to preserve his personal stats. 

100%. And it worked out better for us (than an incompletion). Miami got the ball at the 20 instead of the 37.

I don’t mind criticizing mistakes but you have to consider the context. Many posters - even typically sensible ones - were acting as if Allen was throwing willynilly into double coverage. That just wasn’t the case. We had one INT where there was a miscommunication between he and Gabe and one INT that was essentially an arm punt.

Despite those, Allen went 30/38 with 426 yard and 2 TD’s.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

100%. And it worked out better for us (than an incompletion). Miami got the ball at the 20 instead of the 37.

I don’t mind criticizing mistakes but you have to consider the context. Many posters - even typically sensible ones - were acting as if Allen was throwing willynilly into double coverage. That just wasn’t the case. We had one INT where there was a miscommunication between he and Gabe and one INT that was essentially an arm punt.

Despite those, Allen went 30/38 with 426 yard and 2 TD’s.

Though, on the second interception, he had a free receiver (Kincaid?) to the left who could have easily got a first down if he threw straight away. But, as he missed him, he did the next best thing - well, other than finding a Bills player!

14 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Normally, watching the game back, everything looks better - particularly after a win. Not today. The first interception was stupid.

The stupid part is that they have gotten to this point in Gabe Davis's career without him and Allen being able to make a sight adjust on an all out blitz. This shouldn't be happening. You would have thought the solution would come after it reared its head in the Iggles loss. It wouldn't surprise me if Fangio shaded coverage to the side opposite Davis knowing that this kind of thing could result.

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Though, on the second interception, he had a free receiver (Kincaid?) to the left who could have easily got a first down if he threw straight away. But, as he missed him, he did the next best thing - well, other than finding a Bills player!

I'm much more likely to fault Allen for the 2nd one for that reason alone. The first one he either unloads or he eats it for the sack, the line was bunk. That one, he had a read and he seemed to ignore it. But that's his game, you get some astonishingly brilliant plays on the extension, and occasionally you'll get the moment where he has to chuck and duck.

Edited by pocoboy

1 minute ago, pocoboy said:

The stupid part is that they have gotten to this point in Gabe Davis's career without him and Allen being able to make a sight adjust on an all out blitz. This shouldn't be happening. You would have thought the solution would come after it reared its head in the Iggles loss. It wouldn't surprise me if Fangio shaded coverage to the side opposite Davis knowing that this kind of thing could result.

I'm not sure if it's just me but the communication between Josh and Davis seems worse this year to before? Similar can be said with the long throws, for the most part, to Diggs but I think that's down to both Josh and Diggs carrying slight injuries affecting arm strength and speed.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Though, on the second interception, he had a free receiver (Kincaid?) to the left who could have easily got a first down if he threw straight away. 

I’m honestly not sure Kincaid gets that first down at the point of time Allen was looking at him, and I think that’s why Allen didn’t throw to him. Allen looked right at him and saw the defender closing in on him and probably felt it would be a bang-bang play at the LOS. 

This is when Allen was looking at Kincaid:

IMG-6364.jpg

Maybe he does get it, but we are really bad at those boundary passes and catches, and if Kincaid does get blown up, Miami has the ball near the 40. Im guessing that Allen is looking at the defender closing in and decides it’s a risk to release it.

AFTER Allen moves past his Kincaid read and onto other progressions, is when the Miami defender gets caught up in the pick (momentarily). That’s when Collinsworth focused on. But he didn’t mention the fact that Allen was onto his other reads when the defender was more out of the picture.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Einstein said:

I’m honestly not sure Kincaid gets that first down at the point of time Allen was looking at him, and I think that’s why Allen didn’t throw to him. Allen looked right at him and saw the defender closing in on him and probably felt it would be a bang-bang play at the LOS. 

IMG-6364.jpg

Maybe he does get it, but we are really bad at those boundary passes and catches, and if Kincaid does get blown up, Miami has the ball near the 40. Im guessing that Allen is looking at the defender closing in and decides it’s a risk to release it.

AFTER Allen moves past his Kincaid read and onto other progressions, is when the Miami defender gets caught up in the pick (momentarily). That’s when Collinsworth focused on. But he didn’t mention the fact that Allen was onto his other reads when the defender was more out of the picture.

That's fair enough, looking at it from that shot. Fading one to the end zone and letting it land wherever makes more sense than risking that. Shame the defensive player didn't stumble a moment earlier!

I'm onto the fourth quarter. Thought the fumble wasn't Josh's fault at the time and watching on repeat back it up. Was a great play by Wilkins, but Josh tried to get the ball as close to his body as he could. Morse needed to switch to support Torrence in that situation, but perhaps that's hindsight.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Einstein said:

These aren’t over the top? Bench him? Mental midget? He sucks? He’s not an asset?

IMG-6359.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6361.jpg

IMG-6360.jpg

IMG-6358.jpg

I didn't see these but is this any different than the:

• Terrell Bernard is a wasted pick
  • AJ Epenesa isn't even a good back up
  • James Cook isn't an every down back
  • Sean McDermott is the worst coach in the NFL
  • Brandon Beane can't draft
  • Ed Oliver is a bust
  • Spencer Brown is the worst offensive lineman in the league
  • Stefon Diggs is a sharp and steep decline.

Here is what's funny to me.  If someone created a "See yourself out McDermott haters"....you wouldn't be defending McDermott.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

IMG-6364.jpg

The throw was there.  You're looking at a still shot of Allen looking his way and not in throwing motion....means he's already too late.

If he gets it out quickly and hits Kincaid in stride, he gets that first down easily.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn't see these but is this any different than the:

• Terrell Bernard is a wasted pick
  • AJ Epenesa isn't even a good back up
  • James Cook isn't an every down back
  • Sean McDermott is the worst coach in the NFL
  • Brandon Beane can't draft
  • Ed Oliver is a bust
  • Spencer Brown is the worst offensive lineman in the league
  • Stefon Diggs is a sharp and steep decline.

The existence of other over-the-top posts do not negate the over-the-top posts on Allen. You claimed we do not have those posts with Allen, but we very much do. Disgusting posts about a QB who puts it all on the field for us.

Here is what's funny to me.  If someone created a "See yourself out McDermott haters"....you wouldn't be defending McDermott.

Yes I would.

I have never said McDermott is a bad coach or an idiot. I have however said that I think we have reached our ceiling with him (AFCCG) and he tends to make bad decisions in-game. Decisions that should be fairly simple to know not to do (like not calling timeout when your opponent is scrambling onto the field to win the game and has no timeouts). And it’s not like he had numerous blitzers in his face and split seconds to decide when he is making these decisions (like Allen does). He has a full set of coordinators and coaches to advise him, a headset to talk with a game strategist, and 25+ seconds (the play clock) to decide.

That being said, I have come around on McD. I was highly impressed with how the team rallied around him after the Dunne article - it showed he didn’t lose the locker room and if the players are behind him, so am I.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The existence of other over-the-top posts do not negate the over-the-top posts on Allen. You claimed we do not have those posts with Allen, but we very much do. Disgusting posts about a QB who puts it all on the field for us.

Yes I would.

I have never said McDermott is a bad coach or an idiot. I have however said that I think we have reached our ceiling with him (AFCCG) and he tends to make bad decisions in-game. Decisions that should be fairly simple to know not to do (like not calling timeout when your opponent is scrambling onto the field to win the game and has no timeouts). And it’s not like he had numerous blitzers in his face and split seconds to decide when he is making these decisions (like Allen does). He has a full set of coordinators and coaches to advise him, a headset to talk with a game strategist, and 25+ seconds (the play clock) to decide.

That being said, I have come around on McD. I was highly impressed with how the team rallied around him after the Dunne article - it showed he didn’t lose the locker room and if the players are behind him, so am I.

I didn't say it negated it.  

Allen does put it all on the field for us...but so do a lot of players.  Are the over the top posts disgusting for other players or does that only apply to Allen?

There seems to be the 3 over the top Allen posts.  

Have you seen the Epenesa, Ed Oliver or Terrell Bernard over the top threads?  Do you think there's just 3 people with criticisms?

Your criticisms about McDermott are fair but so are most other peoples criticisms of Allen.  Allen is allowed to be criticized.

11 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I never said I’d take “a bunch” of QBs over Allen, don’t misquote me to fuel your high horse narrative. I said it’s popular on this board to say “I’d take no other QB in this league over Allen” and I said I’d take a couple. A couple as in 2. I love Allen when he’s making plays, not so much when he’s one of the primary reasons the offense can’t move the ball or continuously turns it over. No Bills fan on this board “hates” Allen, get off your soap box.

You don't deserve Allen, go root for the "couple" other guys you would take as you only like Allen when he is making plays, you're not a fan!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

IMG-6359.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6361.jpg

IMG-6360.jpg

IMG-6358.jpg

These are real time reactions from fans who are witnessing various levels of implosion. I don’t think a single one of these fans would tell you “Josh sucks” overall, it’s how he’s playing at the time the comment is made. Granted I’ve never said he sucks, or called him a mental midget (even if his play warranted the comment), but I’ve absolutely said “Allen is killing us right now.” Doesn’t mean I hate the QB or don’t believe he’s one of the best in the league, just means I’m commenting on his play at that moment. As others have said, he’s allowed to be criticized. He doesn’t need other fans riding in on a cape to defend him. His (good) play on the field will silence the chatter.

11 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

You don't deserve Allen, go root for the "couple" other guys you would take as you only like Allen when he is making plays, you're not a fan!

Oh shut up.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

It was 4th down, there was no throwing it away.

He chucked a hail mary at the end zone and it was essentially a punt.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

IMG-6364.jpg

This is exactly how I saw it.

Thanks for breaking it down with an image so others could recognize what happened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

IMG-6359.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6361.jpg

IMG-6360.jpg

IMG-6358.jpg

PREACH 

This place would have cut Jim Kelly after the first Super Bowl if it made the decisions. 

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was 4th down, there was no throwing it away.

He chucked a hail mary at the end zone and it was essentially a punt.

Thanks, I had forgotten it was 4th down. Need more coffee before I post, it was a late night last night lol

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, peterpan said:

Man he would be completely unstoppable if he could get rid of those stupid picks.

I mean 20-0 every year

Yes and bizarre fumble.

I will live and die with Allen but he had a terrible first half and he missed a WIDE OPEN Diggs on a long bomb.  Game should not have been close and that decision to go for it in the center of the field with no time outs and 15 seconds in the first half.  Had we lost by 3 or less, the fire McDermott threads would be all the rage,

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh doesn't turn it over 3 times the same can be said.

literally 2 things he mentioned ended up in a turnover after those things happened.

46 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

These are real time reactions from fans who are witnessing various levels of implosion. I don’t think a single one of these fans would tell you “Josh sucks” overall, it’s how he’s playing at the time the comment is made. Granted I’ve never said he sucks, or called him a mental midget (even if his play warranted the comment), but I’ve absolutely said “Allen is killing us right now.” Doesn’t mean I hate the QB or don’t believe he’s one of the best in the league, just means I’m commenting on his play at that moment. As others have said, he’s allowed to be criticized. He doesn’t need other fans riding in on a cape to defend him. His (good) play on the field will silence the chatter.

Oh shut up.

The trauma I am feeling from seeing those comments again. Last night was brutal. I seriously wondered if fans of other teams with a star QB have to read stuff like that on their boards. Just awful.

I also want to clarify that I am not saying I don't get frustrated over turnovers. I do, I doubt there is a Bills fan alive that doesn't, but we have a QB that will singlehandedly take over a game and go and win it for you, at the very least, die trying. That outweighs the turnovers for me.

Edited by Aimee75

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

The trauma I am feeling from seeing those comments again. Last night was brutal. I seriously wondered if fans of other teams with a star QB have to read stuff like that on their boards. Just awful.

I also want to clarify that I am not saying I don't get frustrated over turnovers. I do, I doubt there is a Bills fan alive that doesn't, but we have a QB that will singlehandedly take over a game and go and win it for you, at the very least, die trying. That outweighs the turnovers for me.

Oh yeah, it absolutely happens. Someone had posted some hot takes about Mahomes and Burrow that mirrored the criticism Allen gets in game and it was similar in tone.

People post with emotions, their takes at the time aren’t reflective of the player as a whole, but rather how that player is performing. I don’t know if CJ Stroud is getting hammered by his fans, but if he’s not right now, you can trust that it’s coming 😂

Every QB will have fans calling them out at some point, even Brady went through it. And the reason is because every QB will have up and down games. They’re human, not robots.

13 hours ago, Success said:

The comments in the 1st half were unbelievably ridiculous. Allen was getting mocked.  Fans here were saying they didn't want him as Bills QB anymore.

They have to own that.

Ya got to remember that the game day thread is by and large a total sh-t show, it’s where so many prove that they are morons spouting off knee jerk takes, their purpose in life is to reinforce that the rest of us are superior beings, jmo, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

Let me make a suggestion or two.  First, let’s all agree to ignore in game posts or at least take them with a large grain of salt.  For example at one point in the first half yesterday I posted they should just sit Josh down and have him get his head out of his butt.  That’s simply emotion mixed with frustration.  Obviously I would never want to sit the franchise.

My second suggestion would be to list the players on the roster and note which are open to either positive or negative critique on the board.  For example, is Gabe Davis allowed to be praised at all, like when he wipes out two guys on a block that springs Shakir for a big gain?   Can we criticize Cook for dropping an easy pass while praising him for good runs?  Is Spencer Brown ever allowed praise?  Josh as we see in this thread might be on the can’t criticize list.  

We also might want to set an upper or lower limit on the time before and after a guy can be critiqued, both short and long term.  Short term I might suggest until the next game.  Long term?  Maybe at least two years into a guy’s career at minimum.  Bernard would be an excellent example for that.

I think if we all agree to some guidelines like these it would help the board.

• Vomit 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

Beautifully said, Amen 

The Unicorn ***** the bed in the first half with the 2 terrible Red Zone picks- the first perhaps on Wrong Way Gabe. Whatever.

Then, a ridiculous and careless strip sack near the Red Zone!👎🏻

INEXCUSABLE!👎🏻

And then…

And yet…

17 Unicorn closes with :

30/38 359 2TDs!!!👍🎉🍺

AND… AND…

15 for 67 Rushing with a HOF highlight 3rd & 15 critical- demolish scramble through 5 dispirited Fish! A play, that EVERY ***** FISH PLAYER, FISH FAN, FISH COACH & millions of TV viewers knew what was coming every second and 

COULD NOT ***** STOP HIM!

We shriek, swear, sweat at the stupid things he may do during this weird year, but damn, he is the greatest QB in Bills History by far!

And barring serious injury, will be one of the greatest in NFL history!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1

This is the Josh Allen experience.  The lowest of lows and, god willing, the highest of highs. He has twice as many wow plays as the next guy since 2020.  When the game is on the line- he’s the only guy I want.  

The turnovers won’t stop.  If they do stop, we won’t see nearly as many great.  Cut down on them some, sure, but he’s always going to have 13-20 turnovers in each season.  And i’m ok with that.  His greatness comes with a cost because he makes plays that NO ONE in the history of the league can make.  Like that 3rd and 13.  Just wow

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.