See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

7 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Thus, the Bills being in a prime broadcast slot almost every week.  

Yea. Although on the other side of the pond that is not my favourite thing.... I am VERY happy with next week's scheduling for the Wild Card round.

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

That is a great still shot, thank you. It was 100% the right read and thrown to the best possible spot to give Johnson momentum towards the endzone.

If Allen isn't supposed to attempt that throw then running the play at all was a mistake. Personally I just accept that the other team made a great play to keep him out of the endzone. It doesn't always have to be someone's fault.

Yea I slightly recant my criticism of him on that shot. I know stills are not always the best way to judge but based on that picture I understand why he threw it. I think that is a chance you can take.

• Like (+1) 2

Just watched his presser. In answer to "what was the feeling at half time?" Josh said:

"We were beating ourselves. I was beating us.

Josh Allen must be a Josh Allen hater!

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. And he totally took over the game in the 4th Quarter. He does owe some thanks to his teammates though - especially on D where we are down to about our 7th linebacker - and Harty for keeping the game there for him to influence late. 

Josh Allen is always the most talented guy on the football field. Collinsworth said it early last night.... most of the time the opposition can't beat Josh Allen but sometimes Josh Allen beats Josh Allen.

Exactly.  It took the  “team” to get him to position for 4h qtr JA heroics.  A phenomenal catch off a helmet pass, an improbable 96 yd punt return, & the defense stepping up. JA is his own worst enemy. Sure he ended the night with decent stats & a W but that game should have been a 35 14 beat down. 

Like I said before you have to take the good with the bad with JA, there’s definitely plenty of both to go around.  If he can ever straighten out some of those negative impulse plays he’d be unstoppable.

i do have to hand it to this team for winning the division. I just couldn’t see it happening at the midway  point, especially not with the remaining schedule. Congratulations it shows a lot of character!

Edited by PayDaBill$

I think Josh Allen would benefit from going to therapy. I just believe that he has some mental hurdles he needs to overcome. 

No one can question his heart, that's for sure. I love Allen just like everyone on this board, and it's hard to criticize the guy, because he literally does everything but he has to reduce his variance in play. 

30 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

All I heard all week last week was how banged up Miami's defense was.

Bills O scored 14 points.

Oh stop. They marched down the field on almost every possession. Game could easily have been 50-14 if not for turnovers and a Dawson Knox mugging/James Cook easy td drop. Nice try though 🙄

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Success said:

The comments in the 1st half were unbelievably ridiculous. Allen was getting mocked.  Fans here were saying they didn't want him as Bills QB anymore.

They have to own that.

are you serious? I am SO GLAD I chose not to partake in the GDT thread then I'da lost my chit.,

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And who was responsible for those?

I am not like most of the "I don't want to be wrong" crowd over here. I don't lose it over freaking turnovers. I will take them if it comes along with all the other stuff that puts the team in contention every year.

Just now, Aimee75 said:

I am not like most of the "I don't want to be wrong" crowd over here. I don't lose it over freaking turnovers. I will take them if it comes along with all the other stuff that puts the team in contention every year.

Problem is, it's those turnovers that are the greatest limiter on the ceiling of the team.

If he doesn't vomit all over himself in NJ and against the Patriots, we're likely the 1 seed, with a bye.

But hey, I won't tell you how to think about it

• Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Just watched his presser. In answer to "what was the feeling at half time?" Josh said:

"We were beating ourselves. I was beating us.

Josh Allen must be a Josh Allen hater!

I think he is. The trouble is he can’t get out of his own way either - he keeps doing it.

I said last night, I believe the best thing we can hope for for the post season is second half Josh to turn up more often than not, which will increase the likelihood of a ring. Then, over the summer, he goes back to Palmer and works on some fundamentals. I can understand why he wanted a break from football after last year’s emotional wrecking ball, but this time he needs to be really focused on improving his weaknesses. I say this because he is the best football player in the NFL right now, yet sometimes looks one of the worst.

9 hours ago, Roundybout said:

They sure get quiet after games like this. Weird. 

When he's on his game he's one of the best. When he's off he's one of the worst. This game was a perfect example of that. 

IMO keep the running in his game but work on being more of game manager. 

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

And who was responsible for those?

Gabe Davis on one 

O'Cyrus Torrence on one

And Josh Allen on the 4th down "punt"

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

Gabe Davis on one 

O'Cyrus Torrence on one

And Josh Allen on the 4th down "punt"

I think Allen was directly responsible for two of them. The no-look and the fadeaway stupid heave.

He was NOT good in the first half.

12 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Oh stop. They marched down the field on almost every possession. Game could easily have been 50-14 if not for turnovers and a Dawson Knox mugging/James Cook easy td drop. Nice try though 🙄

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Bills O scored 14 points. Fact.

Against a depleted Miami defense. Also fact.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.