See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

11 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I never said I’d take “a bunch” of QBs over Allen, don’t misquote me to fuel your high horse narrative. I said it’s popular on this board to say “I’d take no other QB in this league over Allen” and I said I’d take a couple. A couple as in 2. I love Allen when he’s making plays, not so much when he’s one of the primary reasons the offense can’t move the ball or continuously turns it over. No Bills fan on this board “hates” Allen, get off your soap box.

You don't deserve Allen, go root for the "couple" other guys you would take as you only like Allen when he is making plays, you're not a fan!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

These aren’t over the top? Bench him? Mental midget? He sucks? He’s not an asset?

There are dozens more examples too from within the past 24 hours.

IMG-6359.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6361.jpg

IMG-6360.jpg

IMG-6358.jpg

These are real time reactions from fans who are witnessing various levels of implosion. I don’t think a single one of these fans would tell you “Josh sucks” overall, it’s how he’s playing at the time the comment is made. Granted I’ve never said he sucks, or called him a mental midget (even if his play warranted the comment), but I’ve absolutely said “Allen is killing us right now.” Doesn’t mean I hate the QB or don’t believe he’s one of the best in the league, just means I’m commenting on his play at that moment. As others have said, he’s allowed to be criticized. He doesn’t need other fans riding in on a cape to defend him. His (good) play on the field will silence the chatter.

11 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

You don't deserve Allen, go root for the "couple" other guys you would take as you only like Allen when he is making plays, you're not a fan!

Oh shut up.

Edited by JayBaller10
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Second was all on Josh, should have thrown it away 

It was 4th down, there was no throwing it away.

He chucked a hail mary at the end zone and it was essentially a punt.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

I’m honestly not sure Kincaid gets that first down at the point of time Allen was looking at him, and I think that’s why Allen didn’t throw to him. Allen looked right at him and saw the defender closing in on him and probably felt it would be a bang-bang play at the LOS. 

This is when Allen was looking at Kincaid:

IMG-6364.jpg

Maybe he does get it, but we are really bad at those boundary passes and catches, and if Kincaid does get blown up, Miami has the ball near the 40. Im guessing that Allen is looking at the defender closing in and decides it’s a risk to release it.

AFTER Allen moves past his Kincaid read and onto other progressions, is when the Miami defender gets caught up in the pick (momentarily). That’s when Collinsworth focused on. But he didn’t mention the fact that Allen was onto his other reads when the defender was more out of the picture.

This is exactly how I saw it.

Thanks for breaking it down with an image so others could recognize what happened.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

These aren’t over the top? Bench him? Mental midget? He sucks? He’s not an asset?

There are dozens more examples too from within the past 24 hours.

IMG-6359.jpg

IMG-6363.jpg

IMG-6361.jpg

IMG-6360.jpg

IMG-6358.jpg

PREACH 

This place would have cut Jim Kelly after the first Super Bowl if it made the decisions. 

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

It was 4th down, there was no throwing it away.

He chucked a hail mary at the end zone and it was essentially a punt.

Thanks, I had forgotten it was 4th down. Need more coffee before I post, it was a late night last night lol

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, peterpan said:

Man he would be completely unstoppable if he could get rid of those stupid picks.

I mean 20-0 every year

Yes and bizarre fumble.

I will live and die with Allen but he had a terrible first half and he missed a WIDE OPEN Diggs on a long bomb.  Game should not have been close and that decision to go for it in the center of the field with no time outs and 15 seconds in the first half.  Had we lost by 3 or less, the fire McDermott threads would be all the rage,

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Josh doesn't turn it over 3 times the same can be said.

literally 2 things he mentioned ended up in a turnover after those things happened.

46 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

These are real time reactions from fans who are witnessing various levels of implosion. I don’t think a single one of these fans would tell you “Josh sucks” overall, it’s how he’s playing at the time the comment is made. Granted I’ve never said he sucks, or called him a mental midget (even if his play warranted the comment), but I’ve absolutely said “Allen is killing us right now.” Doesn’t mean I hate the QB or don’t believe he’s one of the best in the league, just means I’m commenting on his play at that moment. As others have said, he’s allowed to be criticized. He doesn’t need other fans riding in on a cape to defend him. His (good) play on the field will silence the chatter.

Oh shut up.

The trauma I am feeling from seeing those comments again. Last night was brutal. I seriously wondered if fans of other teams with a star QB have to read stuff like that on their boards. Just awful.

I also want to clarify that I am not saying I don't get frustrated over turnovers. I do, I doubt there is a Bills fan alive that doesn't, but we have a QB that will singlehandedly take over a game and go and win it for you, at the very least, die trying. That outweighs the turnovers for me.

Edited by Aimee75

3 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

The trauma I am feeling from seeing those comments again. Last night was brutal. I seriously wondered if fans of other teams with a star QB have to read stuff like that on their boards. Just awful.

I also want to clarify that I am not saying I don't get frustrated over turnovers. I do, I doubt there is a Bills fan alive that doesn't, but we have a QB that will singlehandedly take over a game and go and win it for you, at the very least, die trying. That outweighs the turnovers for me.

Oh yeah, it absolutely happens. Someone had posted some hot takes about Mahomes and Burrow that mirrored the criticism Allen gets in game and it was similar in tone.

People post with emotions, their takes at the time aren’t reflective of the player as a whole, but rather how that player is performing. I don’t know if CJ Stroud is getting hammered by his fans, but if he’s not right now, you can trust that it’s coming 😂

Every QB will have fans calling them out at some point, even Brady went through it. And the reason is because every QB will have up and down games. They’re human, not robots.

13 hours ago, Success said:

The comments in the 1st half were unbelievably ridiculous. Allen was getting mocked.  Fans here were saying they didn't want him as Bills QB anymore.

They have to own that.

Ya got to remember that the game day thread is by and large a total sh-t show, it’s where so many prove that they are morons spouting off knee jerk takes, their purpose in life is to reinforce that the rest of us are superior beings, jmo, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

Let me make a suggestion or two.  First, let’s all agree to ignore in game posts or at least take them with a large grain of salt.  For example at one point in the first half yesterday I posted they should just sit Josh down and have him get his head out of his butt.  That’s simply emotion mixed with frustration.  Obviously I would never want to sit the franchise.

My second suggestion would be to list the players on the roster and note which are open to either positive or negative critique on the board.  For example, is Gabe Davis allowed to be praised at all, like when he wipes out two guys on a block that springs Shakir for a big gain?   Can we criticize Cook for dropping an easy pass while praising him for good runs?  Is Spencer Brown ever allowed praise?  Josh as we see in this thread might be on the can’t criticize list.  

We also might want to set an upper or lower limit on the time before and after a guy can be critiqued, both short and long term.  Short term I might suggest until the next game.  Long term?  Maybe at least two years into a guy’s career at minimum.  Bernard would be an excellent example for that.

I think if we all agree to some guidelines like these it would help the board.

• Vomit 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

Beautifully said, Amen 

The Unicorn ***** the bed in the first half with the 2 terrible Red Zone picks- the first perhaps on Wrong Way Gabe. Whatever.

Then, a ridiculous and careless strip sack near the Red Zone!👎🏻

INEXCUSABLE!👎🏻

And then…

And yet…

17 Unicorn closes with :

30/38 359 2TDs!!!👍🎉🍺

AND… AND…

15 for 67 Rushing with a HOF highlight 3rd & 15 critical- demolish scramble through 5 dispirited Fish! A play, that EVERY ***** FISH PLAYER, FISH FAN, FISH COACH & millions of TV viewers knew what was coming every second and 

COULD NOT ***** STOP HIM!

We shriek, swear, sweat at the stupid things he may do during this weird year, but damn, he is the greatest QB in Bills History by far!

And barring serious injury, will be one of the greatest in NFL history!

Edited by Billsatlastin2018
  • Like (+1) 1

This is the Josh Allen experience.  The lowest of lows and, god willing, the highest of highs. He has twice as many wow plays as the next guy since 2020.  When the game is on the line- he’s the only guy I want.  

The turnovers won’t stop.  If they do stop, we won’t see nearly as many great.  Cut down on them some, sure, but he’s always going to have 13-20 turnovers in each season.  And i’m ok with that.  His greatness comes with a cost because he makes plays that NO ONE in the history of the league can make.  Like that 3rd and 13.  Just wow

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.