See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

I was reading an article on Jacksonville's defeat (posted on the Jaguars at Titans game thread), and two comments were picked up - from their Josh Allen and Pederson.

Allen talked about the difference being that this Jaguars’ team lacked a certain fire, determination and desire. They kept waiting for a spark and “it never got lit.” 

Pederson took Allen’s point another step further, pointedly adding: “I think that’s accurate. But the thing is, you can’t sit around and wait for a spark. You got to be the spark right? That’s either me being it, or Josh being it, or Trevor being it or something when that other team catches fire.” 

I know I was critical earlier but we all know who is the spark for the Bills in that situation.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The first pick was Davis’ fault, he’s awful on hot routes and doesn’t seem to be on the same page. 

Second was all on Josh, should have thrown it away 

Fumble was a wash for me after sleeping on it. Would have liked Josh to hang on to it better, but Wilkins obliterated Torrence and made a very very good play. 

Second pick was on 4th down, if he throws it away Phins get the ball near the 40. Instead they got the ball at the 20

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

It was 4th down, there was no throwing it away.

He chucked a hail mary at the end zone and it was essentially a punt.

The mistake was bailing on the primary read of the TE to the left flat too early and rolling right away from the pressure.  There was a first down there had he fired that pass but pressure came quick on that side.  But the INT is 100% the correct move, Josh even said that was his thought process to at least give the offense a chance to make a play or give their defense a chance to make a MISTAKE of CATCHING the INT because Miami much better off just knocking the ball down and getting much better field position from the turnover on downs.

I am fully convinced that Allens throwing shoulder is compromised to some degree with an injury that hasn't been able to heal as he is playing through it.  

1 - He has come up short on a lot of higher degree throws he can only make or few others can make that usually flick off his wrist with ease.  

2 - He is off on deep shots, either short or way too long like he is over compensating to make sure its not short.  

3 - He is has fired an uncanny amount of lasers in short area throws that are harder for guys to catch which makes me think he is over compensating too much, hence the extra force.  

I can't say with 100% certainty of course, but I think its a pretty sure bet.  We do know he has banged up his shoulder this year in multiple games now and he has been seen clinching and releasing his fist after big hits on the ground on his throwing arm because he has aggravated something in that throwing arm.  We also had that guy who said it was originally hurt week 1 in the 1st quarter.  So the other times during the season could be more linked to aggravating that original issue which would make sense and track.  

I think this is why his deeper shots have been off or led to some of the turnovers.  He has had multiple ones where he just didn't get the ball all the way there or was a bit late on a tight window.  He has multiple ones where he over compensated on a short throw with a laser that was on target but went off guys hands and got tipped to a defender.  

But 2 things are true for Josh:  He is tough as nails and he doesn't make excuses.  So I don't think we will hear the details of what he played through until this offseason and it wouldn't surprise me if we find out he has some minor procedure done too.  

And this will make what he and the team accomplished this year even more impressive if we get it confirmed he played through a throwing arm injury for part of or nearly all of the season. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yes and bizarre fumble.

I will live and die with Allen but he had a terrible first half and he missed a WIDE OPEN Diggs on a long bomb.  Game should not have been close and that decision to go for it in the center of the field with no time outs and 15 seconds in the first half.  Had we lost by 3 or less, the fire McDermott threads would be all the rage,

The fumble wasn’t bizarre. Torrence got beaten so bad by Wilkins, he didn’t even slow him down. It was embarrassing.

Allen stepped up in the pocket away from the pressure (which is probably the right play) and Wilkins made a great play to strip and recover. Maybe he should have just eaten the sack, but he had to make that decision in 500 milliseconds, so it is understandable his instinct would be to step up.

How about our IOL slows down the other team’s DTs for 1 second so Allen can at least scramble away from the pressure?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

The fumble wasn’t bizarre. Torrence got beaten so bad by Wilkins, he didn’t even slow him down. It was embarrassing.

Allen stepped up in the pocket away from the pressure (which is probably the right play) and Wilkins made a great play to strip and recover. Maybe he should have just eaten the sack, but he had to make that decision in 500 milliseconds, so it is understandable his instinct would be to step up.

How about our IOL slows down the other team’s DTs for 1 second so Allen can at least scramble away from the pressure?

I am afraid Torrence has hit the "rookie wall" but the continuity with the rest of the line is paramount.

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am afraid Torrence has hit the "rookie wall" but the continuity with the rest of the line is paramount.

Chris Jones is going to feast when he comes to Orchard Park in 2 weeks. Game plan should be to just move the pocket any time we face an elite DT.

16 hours ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

Yea and **ck all those guys on first things first that continuesly bash our team and Allen no matter what they do…

2 hours ago, Neo said:

Jalen Ramsey is 0-6 against Josh Allen.

“I think [Josh] Allen is trash. I don’t care what nobody say. He’s trash. And it’s gonna show too. That’s a stupid draft pick to me,” Ramsey said, months after Allen was taken with the No. 7 pick by the Bills. “We play them this year, and I’m excited as hell. I hope he’s their starting quarterback."

FREEZING COLD TAKE

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Kaenon said:

30-38 with 350+ yards, 2 TDs, 50+ rushing yards.

Dropped TD by Cook would've been 3 TDs.

Missed bomb to open Diggs.

But come on....

Well, even the bomb to Diggs I'd argue that if you underthrew a deep pass the same amount as Allen overthrew that one, it would look just like Tua's first deep shot that was caught... by Benford.

image.thumb.png.a6d8682711b9ca7fb2a93312459e783f.png

idk how you guys feel about it but i hope we still look for another OC in the offseason. The team has sure responded great after Brady took over, but i haven't really seen anything that would sell me on him to be the guy going forward.

He probably wouldn't want to go back down to be an assistant after his stint as "the guy" but this team can compete for a title any year. Give me the best OC to make that happen. Please at least look at who's available in the offseason. I hope we do our due diligence & evaluate all our options.

10 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

image.thumb.png.a6d8682711b9ca7fb2a93312459e783f.png

idk how you guys feel about it but i hope we still look for another OC in the offseason. The team has sure responded great after Brady took over, but i haven't really seen anything that would sell me on him to be the guy going forward.

He probably wouldn't want to go back down to be an assistant after his stint as "the guy" but this team can compete for a title any year. Give me the best OC to make that happen. Please at least look at who's available in the offseason. I hope we do our due diligence & evaluate all our options.

In fairness, the stats are skewed by the anomaly against the Cowboys where Brady adjusted the offense, which was the right thing to do. I do agree they need a proper look into who to hire as OC over the close season, unless the Bills win the Superbowl carried by, or at least with significant input, from the offense.

18 hours ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

Thank you E.

Boom 💥💥💥

The kid Josh will lay his life out every day for us and it's incredibly sad some spoiled fools won't do the same for him!!

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

straw man thread

Well put. There isn’t a Bills fan anywhere that hates Josh Allen. 

There are certainly a good many that hate his bizarre inexplicable random head-scratching mental lapses and just wish, he’d grow, be coached, self scout or prepare his way into fewer of them, because this team would be a dynasty. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.