See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

All I can say is that as long as he’s the Bill’s qb there will seldom be a boring game.  Good thing he has the God given talent to get him out of most of the messes he creates.

This game should have been a cake walk 35 - 14. 

Yet, you were calling for Flacco...

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I just watched the 2nd pick again and yeah you’re right on that one.

Still, I don’t think 1 deep shot on 4th down in the first quarter is an indication of Allen playing hero ball.

I mean, do you realize that Allen was 79% with 426 yards today?

He had 8 incompletions all game. 1 bad decision (or even 2), is not hero ball when you look at the context of 79% and 426 yards.

He was magic. He always is.

Of course this isn’t true, but what is nice to see is that the defense is starting to close out the game when Allen steps off the field with a lead. That wasn’t happening earlier in the year but has been happening lately. We’ll see if it continues against the better playoff teams. 

11 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Yet, you were calling for Flacco...

He’s more Farve with a touch of Elway than anything.  Like I said he’s lucky he has the athleticism to bail him out of the bad plays that often put us in a less than desirable position.

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Dislike 1

Just now, PayDaBill$ said:

I didn’t call him Flaco. 

Maybe you should re-read what I said

1 minute ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I didn’t call him Flaco. 

Apologize, I was wrong... You were just suggesting to draft Penix

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Maybe you should re-read what I said

No I shouldn’t.  Lmao don’t take everything so literally.  There off hand comments made when our qb was blowing a  game that should have been well in hand.

Edited by PayDaBill$

Come on now.

Josh was an issue for 3 plus quarters. Calling him out for that doesn’t mean you hate him. It means you expect more from him. 

Even Josh knows he was an issue. The turnovers hurt tonight in a game the Bills dominated.

Edited by Beast
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Everyone loves Josh as our QB.  In the first half thread he made mistakes and people reacted to them.  I was one.  There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that.  Then he played phenomenal in the second half and won the game.  And there is nothing wrong with acknowledging that.  And again I was one.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing play by any guy on the team.  It’s done all the time here and the QB is not immune.  And we should praise guys when they play as great as Josh did the second half.  He was phenomenal.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I openly admit I had no confidence in Josh. I started a thread to such I was so p I s s e d at him. Even this game I wasn't thrilled given the first half performance.

But, if you'd like me to see myself out, ok, I'll stop sending money, as I have every single time the call went out from Bills fans, I'll stop going to games, I'll stop hoping they make it all the way if that is what you wish 

You said, "see yourself out Josh haters". Well, I can. The Bulls aren't my first sports love, the Sabres are, but if so many of you don't want passionate fans that have independent thought and express such.......bye.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was the reason we were losing after 3 Quarters. He was absolutely the best player on the field in the 4th and took over the game. 

Why some of us get on him is if he could just cut out the dumb ***** he would be utterly and totally unplayable. And the mistakes are for the most part totally avoidable.

I do think it’s hard to just separate the attempting risky throws/attempting big plays and still get the good josh we all love though.  The picks tonight didn’t really fit that mold anyway but most of them seem to.  Tonight felt like takin a shot on 4th down and a route mixup 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Judas Priest a guy starts a celebratory thread pointing out that the Allen haters were out in force tonight and look at all the bashing Allen is taking in this thread as a result.  It's mind numbing.  And don't tell me about "objectivity". Allen's play was not nearly as bad as some are claiming through the first 3 quarters. Where is your objectivity then?  Cook drops a perfectly thrown TD by Allen late in the 1sthalf and you call Allen out? 

Sorry but this is what you get with Allen.  Hoping and wishing that he'll play like a lion never making mistakes as a result of playing with a lions aggressiveness is like believing in the tooth fairy. The results on the field VINDICATE Allen's play:

*  5 straight seasons with 10 or more wins

*  4 straight seasons with 11 or ore wins

*  4 straight division titles.

*  One trip to the AFC Championship and what shoudl have been a Super Bowl trip through no fault of Allen.

Look you may not believe this but I was yelling and cursing Allen multiple times through the 1st 3 quarters in response to his couple of bad plays.  That's only natural.  The biggest Allen homers like me were mad as hell at his missing Diggs and that 2nd INT. What I don't do is run to 2BD and post crap bashing Allen over and over again in real time as he struggles.  I DO question what kind of "objective" fans do that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

He makes mistakes but God what a player. He truly is 1 of 1 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I thought Josh was feeling it early on. He seemed engaged and on target. I liked the look in his eyes.. I was seeing confidence. Then one bad throw just throws him back to this deer in the headlights look.  He starts  to press, and starts doing some crazy things.

For the most part though  he seemed to be throwing really well but he really needs to figure out that we can’t be leaving points and opportunities out there.

Everyone wants the easy stuff but even after a couple pics he throws like a 40’yard dime to Diggs on the sideline. He ain’t going to stop taking risks. We need those big plays. We don’t have enough of them. 

Interesting that Gabe Davis ran to the middle of the field  this time on the cover zero int.

It was also great to get Dalton involved as much as we did. He needs to be a big part of this going forward. 

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Judas Priest a guy starts a celebratory thread pointing out that the Allen haters were out in force tonight and look at all the bashing Allen is taking in this thread as a result.  It's mind numbing.  And don't tell me about "objectivity". Allen's play was not nearly as bad as some are claiming through the first 3 quarters. Where is your objectivity then?  Cook drops a perfectly thrown TD by Allen late in the 1sthalf and you call Allen out? 

Sorry but this is what you get with Allen.  Hoping and wishing that he'll play like a lion never making mistakes as a result of playing with a lions aggressiveness is like believing in the tooth fairy. The results on the field VINDICATE Allen's play:

*  5 straight seasons with 10 or more wins

*  4 straight seasons with 11 or ore wins

*  4 straight division titles.

*  One trip to the AFC Championship and what shoudl have been a Super Bowl trip through no fault of Allen.

Look you may not believe this but I was yelling and cursing Allen multiple times through the 1st 3 quarters in response to his couple of bad plays.  That's only natural.  The biggest Allen homers like me were mad as hell at his missing Diggs and that 2nd INT. What I don't do is run to 2BD and post crap bashing Allen over and over again in real time as he struggles.  I DO question what kind of "objective" fans do that.

Cincy they’ve been doing it since draft night there are about 10-20 on this board you just roll with it and realize that 6 years later can never ever admit they were wrong. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

I openly admit I had no confidence in Josh. I started a thread to such I was so p I s s e d at him. Even this game I wasn't thrilled given the first half performance.

But, if you'd like me to see myself out, ok, I'll stop sending money, as I have every single time the call went out from Bills fans, I'll stop going to games, I'll stop hoping they make it all the way if that is what you wish 

You said, "see yourself out Josh haters". Well, I can. The Bulls aren't my first sports love, the Sabres are, but if so many of you don't want passionate fans that have independent thought and express such.......bye.

I mean your opinions are all warranted obviously but I think this thread start was an equal and appropriate reaction to some of the outlandish negative stuff in the gameday thread to be fair haha 

the line from fair criticism to absolute shenanigans gets crossed every few minutes in those things 😂

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Come on now.

Josh was an issue for 3 plus quarters. Calling him out for that doesn’t mean you hate him. It means you expect more from him. 

In the first half game thread, you will find plenty of posters calling him a liability, he stinks, holds the team back etc.

So yes, those are the specific haters who need to check their knowledge of the game and value what we have in JA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

In the first half game thread, you will find plenty of posters calling him a liability, he stinks, holds the team back etc.

So yes, those are the specific haters who need to check their knowledge of the game and value what we have in JA

Fans lose their minds. I’m not going to cast stones because I’ve been known to lose mine as well.

Edited by Beast

3 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I thought Josh was feeling it early on. He seemed engaged and on target. I liked the look in his eyes.. I was seeing confidence. Then one bad throw just throws him back to this deer in the headlights look.  He starts  to press, and starts doing some crazy things.

For the most part though  he seemed to be throwing really well but he really needs to figure out that we can’t be leaving points and opportunities out there.

Everyone wants the easy stuff but even after a couple pics he throws like a 40’yard dime to Diggs on the sideline. He ain’t going to stop taking risks. We need those big plays. We don’t have enough of them. 

Interesting that Gabe Davis ran to the middle of the field  this time on the cover zero int.

It was also great to get Dalton involved as much as we did. He needs to be a big part of this going forward. 

Other than the mistakes that’s the best he has thrown the ball in weeks. That’s a good thing heading into playoffs. You’re right about the first INT, ball was out and Gabe ran inside. The second INT was actually pretty smart, he had to get the ball out and the pick in the endzone worked out better than the incompletion. It was 4th down. Going into half putting the field in play was a total bonehead decision though. Play smarter and that game isn’t even close. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, FireChans said:

What’s very funny is that Josh’s presser he keeps saying I kept hurting the team. 

TBD just doesn’t believe him I guess?

OFC he's going to say that, the QB is the face. Takes the heat and takes the flowers.

Film room is what I'm interested in. Davis on that one pick, Shakir on the second all-blitz. Allen is getting killed by every network for that pick, as if he was trying to throw it to the Dolphin "How can you even make that throw" neglecting to note that the spot he threw it to, was where Davis was and if he just turned around to look it's coming right to him and instead he's running some Engage-and-release crosser and finally looking back to see "oh they blitzed EVERYONE!"

• Thank you (+1) 1

Some of y'all are too funny. We have an other worldly QB and so many can only see the flaws. He is not perfect but neither was Eli Manning but he has two rings and Eli is not Josh good. I am curious if you want the QB who has never led a 4th quarter comeback or the QB who has 1 win the playoffs? 

• Like (+1) 1

I hate that he continues to give the media more opportunity to go with their non-analysis he turns the ball over too much, but what can you say, 2 more interceptions and another fumble, all in scoring positions. 

But then he runs for 15-yards on 3rd-13 with the game on the line.

• Agree 1

Again I’m sorry he got hurt bt

only mistake Josh Allen had on the second pick was even targeting Gabe Davis

just seems like every time he targets the guy he just falls over or runs the wrong way

heal quick kid but maybe take the playoffs 13

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

He stunk the first half.  And then played as good as a QB can play in the fourth quarter.  No one needs you being the thought police.

Will you admit you’re like completely wrong on most of your takes now?

3 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

With Josh you take the good with the bad. There’s plenty of both to go around.  

Yes.
The sooner people stop expecting him to be the Tom Brady style dink and dunker, the more fans will enjoy the Josh Allen ride.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

There's a lot more good than bad.  A lot more, just like there's been a lot more winning than losing since he got here.

Yep. Juxtapose Allen and the Bills with Tua and the Dolphins. Now that is a QB that despite his "elite" passing numbers has major flaws. Dolphins can rarely beat elite teams because of it. 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

Was 30-38 for over 350 yards,  I was more upset with Brady who kept wasting downs trying to run the ball when Allen was torching the Dolphins.  I just visited Dolphins fansite and many were saying the difference was Allen making plays and willing the team to victory while Tua did zero in the second half.  How much punishment is taking on those QB sneaks?

• Like (+1) 1

I will respond to this as I have to people who complain about the coach, who do you want? If you can't give an single answer then STFU, your lack of knowledge is simply annoying. If you can name someone else you are splitting hairs or simply ignorant 

Just now, Niagara Dude said:

Was 30-38 for over 350 yards,  I was more upset with Brady who kept wasting downs trying to run the ball when Allen was torching the Dolphins. 

I too am beginning to become worried by Brady insistence on the game plan.

It was clear the run was not working and it was clear Allen was going off after the first quarter. 

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

He stunk the first half.  And then played as good as a QB can play in the fourth quarter.  No one needs you being the thought police.

Exactly. Incredibly frustrating in the first half. 2nd half, Good Josh thankfully showed up.

Allen puts up 425 yards himself in a game yet has a “bad game” in the eyes of many. I bet the Hall of Famer Jim Kelly only had 3-4 games of 400 yards himself and Allen does it 1 or 2 times per year. 

in my mind Gabe Davis is a root cause of at least half his picks this year and I was actually glad he wasn’t in during the second half. He doesn’t read what Josh does and tries a double move on a blitz? How dumb. The only thing worse is how he hurts himself jogging across the end zone on a natural turf field. 

Just now, Einstein said:

I too am beginning to become worried by Brady insistence on the game plan.

It was clear the run was not working and it was clear Allen was going off after the first quarter. 

We just kept getting behind on the sticks with forcing the run that was not working

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Again I’m sorry he got hurt bt

only mistake Josh Allen had on the second pick was even targeting Gabe Davis

just seems like every time he targets the guy he just falls over or runs the wrong way

heal quick kid but maybe take the playoffs 13

I think that was bad coaching om that drive.  It was 3rd and 2 and they tried two passes.  If you think you're going for it on 4th, run the ball on 3rd and 2

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.