See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Well said. I was getting heated reading the comments in the gameday chat and had to step away from the browser for a bit.

Know where we would be next week without Josh Allen? Here:

tired ray j GIF by MTV Cribs

No lies detected 

• Like (+1) 1

The first pick was plain miscommunication and Davis having serious issues with quick decisions on option routes. If you notice, he’s effectively zigged for every Allen zag this year on those plays. This time he went in where Allen thought he’d stay there. The Chiefs game he went middle thinking he’d go middle and he went short when Allen saw long in the Bengals game. Gabe should be banned from option routes, let him run a route or scramble drill but not choose options since he doesn’t align with the QB.

2nd pick was more of just a bad play by Allen but Davis tripping made it far worse looking. 

The fumble was just a good play by Wilkins.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t think he even was. 

- First INT to Gabe was a clear as day option route for the WR and Gabe/Josh were not on. the same page. Maybe Josh should have turfed it or threw it away, but that’s not hero ball.

- The second INT is a TD if Gabe doesn’t trip. Everyone points to Knox being open on the other side but I give that 50% odds we don’t convert it.

Josh against the Jets was hero ball. I didn’t feel hero ball from Josh tonight.

The 2nd Int was 💯 Gabe's fault stumbling over his uncoordinated feet.  The first Int shouldn't even have happened if the blatant DPI is called on Knox.  Josh's biggest mistake was his no trajectory over throw to Diggs. Diggs should've had an easy 89 yd td there. Josh regrouped and became the cyborg we're used to.

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And the mistakes are for the most part totally avoidable.

When over HALF of a players INT’s are when targeting one particular reason, do you think there may be a correlation?

Thats not just there. It’s last year too.

Gabe and Allen are simply not on the same page far too often. Our offense looked better when he left the game.

• Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

PREACH!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I don't read the game day thread as it happens but who is dumb enough to state they want someone other than Josh? He had an off day and went for 425 yards and 2 tds. Of his TO only one was actually poor. The second was whatever and the third was a terrible play by our line that he was surprised by.

• Like (+1) 1

44 touchdowns

King of the AFC East

Do half of you even remember Alex Van Pelt? At some point the contrarian hate started flooding the pool and it became sort of cool to hate on Allen. Now you all look like idiots.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

The first pick was plain miscommunication and Davis having serious issues with quick decisions on option routes. If you notice, he’s effectively zigged for every Allen zag this year on those plays. This time he went in where Allen thought he’d stay there. The Chiefs game he went middle thinking he’d go middle and he went short when Allen saw long in the Bengals game. Gabe should be banned from option routes, let him run a route or scramble drill but not choose options since he doesn’t align with the QB.

2nd pick was more of just a bad play by Allen but Davis tripping made it far worse looking. 

The fumble was just a good play by Wilkins.

The second pick was 4th down.  If he doesn’t throw it then it’s a turnover regardless, so rather he heave it for a score attempt way down field so it’s at least like a punt if picked off then give them the ball back at the LOS.  In fact, an INT is better than an incomplete pass there 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Well said. I was getting heated reading the comments in the gameday chat and had to step away from the browser for a bit.

Know where we would be next week without Josh Allen? Here:

tired ray j GIF by MTV Cribs

Now reading this , I apologize , because I wasn't reading anything during the game. You know, players say the game is week to week, it seems like to the fans it's play to play.

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

When over HALF of a players INT’s are when targeting one particular reason, do you think there may be a correlation?

Gabe and Allen are simply not on the same page far too often. Our offense looked better when he left the game.

Yes,  and as I replied to you in the game thread,  at some point,  you have to consider that maybe it's not just a coincidence. 

And I also agree that the offense looked better when he was out.  Davis may have more talent than Sherfield and Shakir,  but those guys are more reliable and consistent.  I've been pretty negative on Sherfield,  but after this game,  maybe he needs more of a chance. 

Edited by Brandon

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The turnovers were on him. The 2nd one he looks right at a first down throw then comes off it. The mistake at end of the half is on him. And then he fumbles in scoring range. That was 12 points minimum left on the field.

They were playing for a TD on that whole possession to end the half and they did the right thing attacking the end zone. Minimal interest in a FG and I agreed.

The fumble is just an All Pro play by an unblocked Wilkins catching Torrance overprotecting his vulnerable inside; Allen got the ball on his body away from the incoming instant pressure Torrance gave up and that was about as much as he could do; I'm not putting that play on Allen.

They didn't finish drives but it was more circumstance and widespread liability than just him making a bunch of mistakes.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I think both INTs today were on Josh. I give him a bit of a break on the first one in that he couldn't see but Apple kept outside leverage so Gabe had broken off the route and headed for the post but Josh made a bad decision to throw it. Take the sack or throw away. The 2nd one was a totally needless throw. He came off the route he should have thrown. And the DB undercut where Gabe was running so even if he doesn't trip that it is a pick.

It's still crazy to me that there are Josh haters.

Is he perfect? No as he will have interceptions.

But he's arguably the best thing that ever happened to this franchise and objectively is a top 5 QB in this league. (2nd in my books)

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

It's still crazy to me that there are Josh haters.

Is he perfect? No as he will have interceptions.

But he's arguably the best thing that ever happened to this franchise and objectively is a top 5 QB in this league. (2nd in my books)

I don't think there are any haters. Maybe 1 or 2. But there are people who are very sensitive to any criticism of him even when warranted. 

It is fine to day he did a lot wrong tonight and yet turned up when the Bills needed him too and willed them to a win in that 4th Quarter. That is just the truth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The 2nd Int was 💯 Gabe's fault stumbling over his uncoordinated feet.  The first Int shouldn't even have happened if the blatant DPI is called on Knox.  Josh's biggest mistake was his no trajectory over throw to Diggs. Diggs should've had an easy 89 yd td there. Josh regrouped and became the cyborg we're used to.

I think that 2nd one was very likely going to be intercepted even if Davis hadn't tripped over himself.  I also don't care.  It was 4th down.  The interception was better than an incompletion or a sack. 

• Agree 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't think there are any haters. Maybe 1 or 2. But there are people who are very sensitive to any criticism of him even when warranted. 

It is fine to day he did a lot wrong tonight and yet turned up when the Bills needed him too and willed them to a win in that 4th Quarter. That is just the truth.

Fair points but I think he has more then 1 or 2 haters here haha.

I am critical of Josh when he's bad, including the 1st quarter tonight.

But I also look at the big picture and realize this guy is a top QB in this league 

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

They were playing for a TD on that whole possession to end the half and they did the right thing attacking the end zone. Minimal interest in a FG and I agreed.

The fumble is just an All Pro play by an unblocked Wilkins catching Torrance overprotecting his vulnerable inside; Allen got the ball on his body away from the incoming instant pressure Torrance gave up and that was about as much as he could do; I'm not putting that play on Allen.

They didn't finish drives but it was more circumstance and widespread liability than just him making a bunch of mistakes.

If they had a TO at the end of the half I agree.  But you can’t throw it short of the end zone there.  Bad route construction and bad decision.  You can’t give up points there.  It worked out in the end but still not good football.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I'd encourage anyone to go to the 1st half game thread, and look at the posts from around the 30's to the end of the thread.

It wasn't measured, "warranted" criticism. It was ridicule. Fans here made him sound like a clown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Show me a post from anyone calling for Flacco.

The screen shots are too big to attach so I'll copy and paste a few examples:

PayDaBillS
Posted 1 hour ago
What are the odds we can trade up for Penix?

Buffalo Dude
Posted 1 hour ago
We're up 10 with Flacco

starrymessenger
Posted 1 hour ago
Gimmie some Joe Flacco. I dont care if hes a statue.

Should I find you more examples?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He was the reason we were losing after 3 Quarters. He was absolutely the best player on the field in the 4th and took over the game. 

Why some of us get on him is if he could just cut out the dumb ***** he would be utterly and totally unplayable. And the mistakes are for the most part totally avoidable.

*  The refs missed as blatant a PI as you will see near the goal line on the Bills first drive. If called it's first and goal at the 2, no INT and we go up 7 - 0.

*  IMO and I think the analysts will agree is that Davis was the cause of the 1st INT.  He had body leverage on that DB and Allen put the pass low where Davis should have gone down and caught it for the TD.  Instead Davis turned his back to Allen and breaks inside after Allen has thrown the ball.

*  The two bad throws by Allen  doing the first 3 quarters was the 2nd INT (thought Davis was again near the play) and missing Diggs on the long shot that would have been a walk in TD. That is hardly the reason we were losing after 3 quarters.

*  Cook dropped a perfectly thrown Allen pass that should have tied the game up right before half.

*  The Allen throw to the RB that as stopped at the one was a sold throw and a great play made by the defender.  Watch a replay and you will see we had only ,two receivers in the end zone.  Should Allen have waited a second until the RB was IN the end zone? Maybe but a sack would have been just as bad.

*  Sorry but Allen's lost fumble after getting sacked was simply the inevitable result of allowing DT's free runs right up the gut.  Torrense has really struggled the last couple of games and played terrible tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Success said:

I'd encourage anyone to go to the 1st half game thread, and look at the posts from around the 30's to the end of the thread.

It wasn't measured, "warranted" criticism. It was ridicule. Fans here made him sound like a clown.

I was critical because in the game thread you’re reacting to things as they happen.  And he was not playing well.  But boy did he make up for it and positive comments are then made.

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And we should have been up 14 but Josh was bad.  Then he won it with his stellar play together with great defense and a great punt return.

why is it so wrong to point out the obvious?

Obviously my point is too much for you to comprehend 

1 minute ago, Success said:

Game day threads are not real threads. People are responding in the moment on emotion. You have to divorce that slightly from the rest of the board.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Herc11 said:

The screen shots are too big to attach so I'll copy and paste a few examples:

PayDaBillS
Posted 1 hour ago
What are the odds we can trade up for Penix?

Buffalo Dude
Posted 1 hour ago
We're up 10 with Flacco

starrymessenger
Posted 1 hour ago
Gimmie some Joe Flacco. I dont care if hes a statue.

Should I find you more examples?

Two examples of Flacco and everyone who was critical in the flow of the game is a hater.  Get over yourself.  

17 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He shouldn’t be satisfied. Because he did hurt the team, badly.

I think we have to accept this version of Josh - at least until the close season. Then I hope we see him back with Palmer again. But for now the best thing to do is let him be himself and hope the chips fall into place. Trying to change him now will just make things worse; see the run post Dolphins at OP to the sacking of Dorsey.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think both INTs today were on Josh. I give him a bit of a break on the first one in that he couldn't see but Apple kept outside leverage so Gabe had broken off the route and headed for the post but Josh made a bad decision to throw it. Take the sack or throw away. The 2nd one was a totally needless throw. He came off the route he should have thrown. And the DB undercut where Gabe was running so even if he doesn't trip that it is a pick.

I just watched the 2nd pick again and yeah you’re right on that one.

Still, I don’t think 1 deep shot on 4th down in the first quarter is an indication of Allen playing hero ball.

I mean, do you realize that Allen was 79% with 426 yards today?

He had 8 incompletions all game. 1 bad decision (or even 2), is not hero ball when you look at the context of 79% and 426 yards.

He was magic. He always is.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

All I can say is that as long as he’s the Bill’s qb there will seldom be a boring game.  Good thing he has the God given talent to get him out of most of the messes he creates.

This game should have been a cake walk 35 - 14. 

38 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Amen.  

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Two examples of Flacco and everyone who was critical in the flow of the game is a hater.  Get over yourself.  

Two examples of people who have zero intestinal fortitude. I wasn't going to keep digging. You said show me ONE example, and I provided two. Same types that screamed for Frank Reich to start over Kelly. 

Admit it, you're taking offense because what I'm saying is true

Just now, Einstein said:

I just watched the 2nd pick again and yeah you’re right on that one.

Still, I don’t think 1 deep shot on 4th down in the first quarter is an indication of Allen playing hero ball.

I mean, do you realize that Allen was 79% with 426 yards today?

He had 8 incompletions all game. 1 bad decision (or even 2), is not hero ball when you look at the context of 79% and 426 yards.

He was magic. He always is.

Yes. I know the numbers. It is the dumb turnovers and the dumb play before half. They are unnecessary dumb mistakes. They are the thing stopping the Bills from winning these game more comfortably and frankly they are the reason he isn't about to win the MVP. Because his talent is off the charts. I just wish not every game was the Josh Allen Experience. It doesn't need to be. He is too good for that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.