Bills at Dolphins post game thread

HappyDays

1 minute ago, Ralonzo said:

And even won a challenge. 

The QB sneak that failed, it's still the right call. You need 1 yard for the division, give it to your hoss.

I agree.  I didn't like them trying the fake and using a timeout though.  Not only lose a timeout but a false start can and has happened doing that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Nelius said:

Even when Tua connects it’s a bit of a lofted duck. It’s all scheme and timing. Credit to him for being very smart and good at that, but he’s not in the same realm as Josh

Agreed. I like Tua. Nothing wrong with being a good QB in a great system. But he isn’t carrying a team to a win like that. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Crazy game. 

McD has been doing a phenomenal job with the defense despite all the injuries. 

Props to Sherfield, Dane and Spector for stepping up and making plays. 

O-line needs to get it together. Steelers have some legit pass rushers. 

Josh was crap at the beginning but put the offense on his back and came up

big when it mattered most. 

Harty picked a hell of a time to make a big play. Guy has been an absolute non factor and made a massive play at a critical time.

only one thing left to do. Win the whole damn thing.

Is watt gonna play?

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

One thing I'll never be sure of, if Josh Allen subtracts or adds years to my life,🤪

Definitely subtracts.  For all of us.

He's fabulously entertaining, but an efficient producer he is not.

Well, not on ANY sort of consistent basis.

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Filthybeast is more than likely a dolphins fan lol I have zero faith in Miami to win a big game…sneaking by Dallas was absolutely stunning for them.  

Agreed. He needs to stop posting his BS here and stop pretending to be a Bills fan.

25 minutes ago, mannc said:

My friend who is a Steelers fan says TJ Watt is out next week

Yes. Steelers fans on message boards and Facebook talking *****.

Steelers fan coming with me next week for the game. 

• Dislike 3

4 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

And even won a challenge. 

The QB sneak that failed, it's still the right call. You need 1 yard for the division, give it to your hoss.

Exactly.   If you win every time you gamble, it means you don’t gamble enough.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

Ok one more thing

that 3rd and thirteen is an MVP play.  Josh should be considered even though Lamar already won it.  

I couldn't believe he converted that run. That was insane. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

From 6-6 to the #2 seed in 6 weeks!

Go Bills!

Unbelievable. I didn't see that coming. I don't even think the Bills played their best during the six week period. 

On a different note, I'm a little worried about the injuries the Bills occurred tonight, especially Douglas

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We got a small look at the Bills offense without Gabe.  Honestly, ran smoother - it makes me wonder, between lack of separation and poor option route decisions, if we wouldn’t be better off with Sherfield at the 2.  Shakir is awfully productive at the 3.

BTW, Dane and Baylon both played well in a pinch. Just a lot of role players came up big tonight. Dolphins didn’t reach 300 yards of offense. 

• Like (+1) 7

2 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

I am worried about injuries...but we should be able to take care of Pittsburgh even with the injuries.   But Dodson, Dawkins, Douglas and Gabe and Rapp(?)....thats a lot for one game this late.  Hope they are all back - especially for that 2nd playoff game which (if we make it) will be against KC or MIA....we'll need them!

On the flip side - setting up some amazing stories for Hamlin & Elam  if they have to step back in.

To your point about the flip side is the quality of our new players and reserves this year. Bernard starting the season for that guy that left for Chicago. Kincaid at TE having to take all the reps for and injured Knox early on.

Dodson stepping up for Milano when he went down. Then Spector having to come in for him. Dane coming in for Tre when he went down, and then Rasul Douglas brought in as an upgrade to Dane and depth. Dane having to come back in for Rasul and having to cover Hill in this game.

Rapp coming on at safety. Van Demark coming in for Dawkins at LT. The RBs they have brought in.

Beane has done a great job of finding players that can step up when their number is called and ensuring good competition at key positions.

The sloppy execution, blocking from guard to guard, and clock management have to get cleaned up so there is work for our coaches and players to do - that is critique not hate BTW. I always want our players and coaches to be successful.

I also think that teams have figured out our run tendencies and Miami had some answers for our go-to pulling plays so we need to come up with some counters and wrinkles.... This is where self-scouting and finding tendency-breakers comes into play as we need to get Cook cooking again. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Considering the rollercoaster of a season this has been I'm considering anything in the post season just cherries on the cake.

Josh Allen is Buffalo's Jesus and I won't listen to any blasphemer jabronis trying to pin the team's woes on him. Legitimately the best superstar I've ever seen play the game in my lifetime.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Obviously, there is a lot of things that can be said about this game, but man.....game balls all around.  Allen was that dude when he needed to be.  But before I go too far into it, credit where credit is due........coach McDermott.  I am not your biggest fan, but today you came through.  You played aggressive in the biggest moments and trusted the team to get it done.  KEEP IT UP.  The defense balled out in the 2nd half.  They beat us for several big plays in the first half, but they shut down the Dolphins in the 2nd half.  Need a better pass rush, but we got it done.  Special Teams have been a disaster all season.  But with the Division on the line, they had their best game of the season.

Everyone of these guys deserve a game ball for this win.  It was ugly.  It was hard fought.  But these men stuck with it and in the end, imposed their will to win.

There is a lot to clean up.  Honestly, with the way we moved the ball, this game should have been a double digit win.  But they fought and I think through all the mess this game had, they are close to finding themselves.  We were 2-3 plays away from putting up 34+ in this game.  We moved the ball all day but just didn't finish.  If we play like we did tonight, but finish the drives????  Watch out.......  GO BILLS!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. I like Tua. Nothing wrong with being a good QB in a great system. But he isn’t carrying a team to a win like that. 

Tua is a good QB who deservedly so will get a heavy contract. 

He’s a good player at the most position in sports. 

But if you swapped Tua and KC, KC would miss the playoffs and Miami would be the one seed. (Cap aside).

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, Process said:

The scoreboard won't show it, and it sure as hell didn't feel like, but that game was another complete domination of the dolphins. We should have won by 30 points if it weren't for a complete ********* of a first half where we did everything possible to beat ourselves.

What a rollercoaster this season has been.

Somehow, someway we are the 2 seed. Go bills.

First Int should have been at least a FG, Brady stopped running the ball. 

Cook’s drop

Allen’s over throw of Diggs (stop me if you’ve heard me say that)

Allen’s second Interception was a turndown, at least that’s what was said on the telecast. 

The Ty Johnson at the goal line was behind him or he scores there.

Then again in scoring range and Allen fumbles the ball. 

That’s 23 points at least left on the field.

Bills will have to work on all out pressure looks this week. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  I didn't like them trying the fake and using a timeout though.  Not only lose a timeout but a false start can and has happened doing that.

Idk that that was a full fake…maybe.  It struck me as a ‘if you get this look snap the ball’ type situation but I could def be wrong 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

Say want you want about this team and the way this season went...

With all the injuries, all the bad losses, the firing of an OC midseason, the turmoil around the McDermott article, being 6-6 and having a 9% chance at playoffs...

To be the 2-seed? Unbelievable.

THIS BILLS TEAM IS RESILIENT AND BATTLE TESTED.

I don't know how far they'll go in the playoffs. I do know that they've set themselves up nicely, starting off with a home game against the Watt-less Steelers. No matter what happens, though, I am incredibly proud of the way this team responded and finished out this season. Incredibly gutsy and impressive stuff from all three phases, and yes, from the coaching staff.

WHAT A SUNDAY OF FOOTBALL!

Now if you'll all excuse me, I have a whollle bunch of pettiness to dole out to Dolphins fans on Twitter.

Goodnight and GO BILLS!

I said that the Bills would have no excuses if they lost.

On the corollary, this division title was earned

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

McDermott at the podium, busting out the "GLORY TO GOD I WANT TO START WITH HIM."

We didn't hear a lot about the glory of God when the "hate piece" was making the rounds, McDermott fired his OC, and the team was playing like crap, did we?

Always seems to work like that with McDermott's ilk.

Epic 4th q and this is what you want to talk about.  Okay.......next subject

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.