Milano discusses his injury for first time

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

No pressure Matt, but Sunday is a pretty big game and you’ve had some time off, back in the saddle!

jk of course.

It's that time of the year when everyone is injured. Man up, put down the crutches, cut off the cast and get out there Milano.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Ouch 

Good thing is that in did not compound through the skin. Infections would have been a problem.

Great sign to see he recovering and rehab 

The fracture is at the top of the bone near the knee cap.

Guaranteed knee replacement down the line with a guy in his profession

When Milano gets back we will have some quality depth at the LB position where there was a lot ??? early in the season and I thought we were thin.

The taking heads and media pundants were all preaching doom and gloom with Edmunds' departure in FA and that the Bills would struggle with an unproven Bernard.

Both Dodson and Bernard have come on strong.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

No pressure Matt, but Sunday is a pretty big game and you’ve had some time off, back in the saddle!

jk of course.

Yeah dammit!  Back in my day...dirt fixed everything!

Just now, WideNine said:

When Milano gets back we will have some quality depth at the LB position where there was a lot ??? early in the season and I thought we were thin.

The taking heads and media pundants were all preaching doom and gloom with Edmunds' departure in FA and that the Bills would struggle with an unproven Bernard.

Both Dodson and Bernard have come on strong.

Or...amd just spit balling here...we can finally dump this big nickle crap and go with a blitzing 4-3?  Can't say we don't have the backers for it once he comes back.

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Glad there was no ligament damage.  All systems should be go for 2024.

This is good news no ligament damage. Hopefully he is loading up on the special meds and his recovery is quick. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

This is good news no ligament damage. Hopefully he is loading up on the special meds and his recovery is quick. 

Drink more milk? Is this Phase II of the Chick-Fil-A cow campaign to promote their protection? 

27 minutes ago, Augie said:

I broke that in a high school scrimmage against Amherst. Nobody really cared this much. 🤷‍♂️

WNHS? East opened my senior year but I opted to finish up at South. 

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah dammit!  Back in my day...dirt fixed everything!

Or...amd just spit balling here...we can finally dump this big nickle crap and go with a blitzing 4-3?  Can't say we don't have the backers for it once he comes back.

Taron is one of the best nickle defenders in the game.

I would be reluctant to replace his skillset with any linebacker we have even if I trust that LB in shallow zones or skating with a RB or TE.

There are times when subbing bigger bodies should be done to match more heavy 12 personnel/run packages.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

Drink more milk? Is this Phase II of the Chick-Fil-A cow campaign to promote their protection? 

How to make Fight Milk!

image.thumb.png.5e301693d6a950fe59e9679bad21d5bb.png

10 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Are you guys playing bridge?

image.png.53eaa3ac4a8bcf9bf99e18f1ce8b8219.png

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, wppete said:

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

TB12...

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

St Joes, and it wasn’t a Thiesman type injury 🤮. It was just a scrimmage, and I limped for the rest of the year. I had no idea it was broken but I limped into the office of Dr Joyce, the Braves Doc who operated on the foot of my other leg. He said I had the wrong limp, sent me down for X-rays, and I got to tell my English teacher/trainer that the reason taping it higher didn’t work was….. I HAVE A BROKEN LEG! Who is the weenie now? 

OK, I feel better. Thank you for saving me the cost of therapy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Interested to hear why you say this when Kyle has consistently said he’ll be fine once he recovers which takes a while. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Sounds like he isn't even close to returning at this point.

Well he did break his leg…, and with no creature comforts in his minimalist life style…, does he even have a means to elevate his leg at home…, 😂 what a mensch.,, 😁👍

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

I got hit by a car and had the same injury many years ago. An old lady waved me in front of her and then accelerated. It was good thing I rolled out of collision. Took the whole summer to heal and then rehab well into the fall. Didn't need to run at full speed and absorb contact, but think I coulda played mens league hockey if it was a crucial game.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

TB12...

You mean HGH right ? 😂😁🤣

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

But what about the spleen?

48 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I got hit by a car and had the same injury many years ago. An old lady waved me in front of her and then accelerated. It was good thing I rolled out of collision. Took the whole summer to heal and then rehab well into the fall. Didn't need to run at full speed and absorb contact, but think I coulda played mens league hockey if it was a crucial game.

Sounds like they someone had a hit taken out on you!

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Haha (+1) 3

51 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

You sure it was an old lady?
Driving Marshawn Lynch GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

From the TBN article  Trimble quotes:

GDCN3bJW0AAiRn0.thumb.jpg.9a1202224b7a101e756d8ba57192c454.jpg

A key point here for all the "it'll heal in 8 weeks, why isn't he back?" folks, Milano confirms that he was prohibited to put any weight at all on the leg for 8 weeks, to avoid putting stress on the Tibial plateau.  As often, Bangedup's article linked above gives a good explanation of what this is, why it's tricky, and why a prolonged period of no weight bearing is needed.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I know he’s been on the sideline and walking around, but this injury takes at least 3-4 months for the bone to heal around the steel rod/screws that was most likely inserted into the bone. From that point, there’s a couple of months of rehab and learning how to walk again. The closer to the knee the break is, the trickier the speed of the recovery. He should be starting light treadmill work, maybe stairs but this isn’t a 4-6 week injury.

Also, if anyone knows a surgeon who does this, inquire how this surgery is performed, it’ll explain why those surgeons are all very jacked. It’s not pretty!!

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

So this pretty much officially kills any hope of him coming back this year.

On second thought, that wasn't explicitly stated so I'm not accepting it yet.

Maybe, it didn't really address it at all, other than maybe the part about having a completely normal offseason of training if you infer it from that.

2 hours ago, RunTheBall said:

If he was a team player, he would have opted for the knee replacement now so this doesn’t happen again next year. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Trimble is still hopeful he can come back and considering he nailed the diagnosis I’m also remain hopeful

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

If he was a team player, he would have opted for the knee replacement now so this doesn’t happen again next year. 

What. Why do either of you think knee replacement is inevitable 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.