Patriots at Bills postgame thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Everything I’ve read says Chiefs haven’t clinched yet. Broncos can still catch them. 

Even if they were playing for nothing which is not really true the chiefs have been struggling for awhile and would likely want to enter the playoffs on a high note 

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

So you thought the O line, particularly the interior O line looked good?  IMO they were awful and the primary cause of the poor offensive showing today.

Seemed like they cleaned it up in the second half a bit…if we had connected on that deep shot that’s a completely different game.  We didn’t hit our big play and NE hit a ridiculous throw and catch 

• Agree 1

From NFL.com:

Jalen Reagor reached a top speed of 20.62 mph on his 98-yard kick-return TD, the fastest speed by a Patriots ball carrier this season. In pursuit of Reagor, Bills kicker Tyler Bass reached 20.58 mph, the fastest play by a kicker in the NGS era (since 2016).

So, who knew Tyler Bass was a speedster?

• Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

McD saying Brady and the Offense made good adjustments. I just don't see that as true. 

They took the ball out of Josh’s hands. We missed a number of open pass catchers today. 

Unpopular opinion, but better QB play today and this is a blow out. Full stop.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

48 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Josh was fine post interception against the Chargers (sack perhaps aside) and generally improved in the second half today. Not sure what's up with him in the first half though. 

The O line didn't help particularly pressure up the middle which is bad for any QB. The drops didn't help either.  The drop by Murry at the end of the half that would have given the Bills a first down was brutal.

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

So you thought the O line, particularly the interior O line looked good?  IMO they were awful and the primary cause of the poor offensive showing today.

Allen was by far the biggest issue today. O line didn't have a great game but Allen looked lost and wildly inaccurate. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

100% agree.  The Patriots front four were continuously abusing our OL

I hope Sean can hold folks accountable for today's unacceptable drops.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Nope, didn't say that. They need work too. But this was 1 bad game from them the other's I mentioned have been not good for multiple games. Allen missed passes today even when he had time (like Diggs deep, Lamar made that throw 2 or 3 times today) & he & Diggs have been off for weeks, not just 1 game. & Brady going away from what works like the tush push, McD stopped him from costing us the game, or his taking the top 3 WR off the field & sending TEs deep for that pick. Those things aren't on the O-line. This is a deep problem with the passing game that has been festering much of the season. 

11 minutes ago, muppy said:

this reminds me of that "The Bills were lucky to win " thread from last week. I think it is logical to want to eliminate mistakes and improve on things moving forward. But to disparage a win meh It's just not my thing. Winning ugly Counts the same as pretty just sayin'

They made enough plays to win. Do I wish they had played mistake free? certainly.  Then I wouldnt need xanax

lol

13 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s a standard NE game from this year no matter who they’re playing to be fair…that defense can play and the offense blows a 1-2 score game nearly every week 

I guess I want just a little fire in his breath. Call out the mistakes, mention we need to do more with venom. Don't say everything with a sigh and a regress of acceptance. 

• Like (+1) 1

Not sure if anyone has noticed - but wins are hard to come by this year.  We've won 4 in a row, and just beat a tough division rival.  They have a bad record, but the vast majority of their losses are 1 score or under.

When JA had to play well today - he did.

I'm celebrating, personally.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

I guess I want just a little fire in his breath. Call out the mistakes, mention we need to do more with venom. Don't say everything with a sigh and a regress of acceptance. 

I'd guess what you'll be seeing in practice will bear little resemblance to what you see in public in front of reporters.

• Thank you (+1) 3

Tired of Josh Allen making ridiculously stupid decisions. Consistently throwing off his back foot..exposing the ball repeatedly. It’s amazing he didn’t turn it over more today. Brady has shown a Bills running game but our #1 WR is not involved unless Josh forces the ball. This O is not peaking and our 2 best players are not remotely maximizing. This comes from a huge JA fan. The D has made great progress but the O is a mess. Somehow we can actually gain the 2nd seed. It’s remarkable.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Not sure if anyone has noticed - but wins are hard to come by this year.  We've won 4 in a row, and just beat a tough division rival.  They have a bad record, but the vast majority of their losses are 1 score or under.

When JA had to play well today - he did.

I'm celebrating, personally.

As always .., they go as Josh Allen goes ..,

Only time this wasn’t the case was the Dallas game …

Gets tougher from here 

1 minute ago, wjag said:

Diggs going out of bounds to stop clock north of 2m was inexcusable for a veteran.  

Also, late in the first half he not only turned in when he could have gone out of bounds to stop the clock, he also stepped backwards and didn’t take the first down he could have easily made. Diggs was trying to turn it into a bigger play, but we ended up having to punt.  I think Diggs has been underperforming for the last several games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

Passing game is really getting bad. Brady gotta figure it out. 

Shakir was wide open for what would have been two TDs. Josh never looked at him. Josh is a mess right now. Once again he lost track of the deep safety on that bad pick. That said, his running saved the game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

Also, late in the first half he not only turned in when he could have gone out of bounds to stop the clock, he also stepped backwards and didn’t take the first down he could have easily made. Diggs was trying to turn it into a bigger play, but we ended up having to punt.  I think Diggs has been underperforming for the last several games. 

Wasn't that the play Shakir held on

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Shakir was wide open for what would have been two TDs. Josh never looked at him. Josh is a mess right now. Once again he lost track of the deep safety on that bad pick. That said, his running saved the game. 

As I recall Allen got immediate pressure up the middle forcing him to slide to his left making a throw back to the right both ill advised and very difficult.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Green Lightning said:

That INT was a little more nuanced than you’re makin it sound.  The safety ran with the post route to bait Josh into takin the deep route down the sideline then peeled off the post route.  It was a nice play by tje defender 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

As I recall Allen got immediate pressure up the middle forcing him to slide to his left making a throw back to the right both ill advised and very difficult.

The broadcast angle always fools everybody lol just cuz a guy looks open on tv doesn’t mean you can get him the ball 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I've commented on how Josh's left shoulder injury has affected his mechanics and his throwing. It's pretty obvious.

Brady made a nice second half adjustment by going to a horizontal passing game with an emphasis on more stationary targets, particularly over the middle.

Josh was more effective after that change.

Left shoulder or not.. he needs to stop throwing off his back foot every throw. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It definitely wasn't an inspiring win and raises serious questions as to how horrifically bad our offense has been the past two weeks.  Seems as if opposing DCs finally have enough video and have figured Brady out.  

Without 4 takeaways we don't come close to winning this game, particularly when the game-winner was a pick-6.  

Our offense only had one decent drive this week.  One.  And the other 13 of our points were set-up by the D, already in FG range on two FGs, and for a 14-yard drive for our only other TD.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's Josh. He can do it. Seemed locked on his initial read.

Edited by Green Lightning

32 minutes ago, Heitz said:

To be fair, you play to the win the game - we won the game, I'm waaaaaay more satisfied that if we had lost 🤣 :beer: 

Yep.  Look at the other games today: 

* The Eagles lost at home to Arizona.

*  The Rams, the "hottest" team in the NFL got lucky to edge the Giants 26 - 25.  Stafford had 1 TD pass and 2 INT's.

*  I'm watching the Chiefs crapping the bed against a Bengal's team without Burrow.

The win is all that matters.  Now the Bills need to play a great game next week to do something most of us thought they had no chance at doing - win the division.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

There are a lot of really scummy Pats fans.  Online, most of the comments I saw after Allen's injury were "told ya so" kinds of sentiments, with hopes that it would affect him the remainder of the season.

Obviously, a small sample - but it's consistent w/ what I see from that crew in general.  After 6 titles - still bitter & petty.

Brady had built up some goodwill before today but just completely burned through that. Very Dorsey-ish performance from the OC. I'll never understand continuing to do the same thing over and over and over when it's not working. You can try no huddle. You can put Allen under center. You can try to just simply things and throw some slants or crossers. There was just nothing today. No answers, no adjustments. If the D wasn't so fantastic and the Patriots weren't so terrible.......

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Anyone get a sense as to how DaQuon played?

Thought he looked great for having missed so much time. Jones and AJ in and Miller out was a huge +++

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

Sorry. An injured left shoulder shouldn’t affect a right handed nfl qb throwing the ball. That’s apologist homer talk

I agree. He’s throwing off his back foot 90% of the time. If his left shoulder was that bad they should not design 10 running plays.  His mechanics are off because his mechanics are off. His ball security is atrocious. He needs to show some maturity or this team is not long for the playoffs.

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BRH said:

I'm aware it changes nothing, but to go from #11 to #2 in the conference inside of a month is pretty incredible.

Even if Bills win next week, If the Browns win… wouldn’t they be the #2 seed?  

The team played a great game.  But the offense ..Brady and Josh.. need to figure something out.  Maybe some new play designs… something?   But the last 2 weeks have not looked good.  Defenses have figured something out.  Brady needs to adjust some stuff for next week and the playoffs.  

Awesome feeling to have this discussion in the afterglow of a 4th consecutive win!   GO Bills!

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

The team played a great game.  But the offense ..Brady and Josh.. need to figure something out.  Maybe some new play designs… something?   But the last 2 weeks have not looked good.  Defenses have figured something out.  Brady needs to adjust some stuff for next week and the playoffs.  

Awesome feeling to have this discussion in the afterglow of a 4th consecutive win!   GO Bills!

No because Baltimore won the division, so the best they can be is 5th

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Division winners get 1-4 regardless of record. Seattle had a losing record and hosted against a 10  or 11 win WC.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.