*TNF * New York Jets @ Cleveland Browns - 8:15 Prime Video

DaBillsFanSince1973

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

It’s also extremely annoying. Surprised they allow it 

Cleveland is the same city where they had a guy banging on drums at baseball games.  

I swear, Al Michaels is going to have nightmares of metal banging for the next month.  

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Aaron Rodgers wants him to stay.  It's the same as McDermott being Josh Allen's guy.  The QB decides if the coach stays or goes.  

Plenty of us have issues with McDermott but let’s not pretend Saleh has even remotely earned being mentioned in the same sentence as McDermott.

• Agree 2

Flacco only six passing TD's away from catching MVP front runner Lamar (in 10 less games).

13 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Aaron Rodgers wants him to stay.  It's the same as McDermott being Josh Allen's guy.  The QB decides if the coach stays or goes.  

Allen doesn't have that type of forceful personality.  If he did Dorsey would still be here.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Flacco only six passing TD's away from catching MVP front runner Lamar (in 10 less games).

Allen doesn't have that type of forceful personality.  If he did Dorsey would still be here.  

Honestly part of me thinks Allen probably realized sometime early this year if not sooner, that Dorsey wasn’t the right guy for OC, and based on body language since JB took over, Allen couldn’t be happier about the change from a purely coaching perspective, no matter how much he probably appreciated Dorsey as a friend off the field, just imho. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

agreed. But that line isn’t helping him. And the play calling is pretty bad too. Hackett getting a real pass this year with the injury to Rodgers, but he has never shown himself to be a good play caller. 

Do we know that LaFleur called the plays when he was in Green Bay?  Because it's pretty hard to argue coherently that Hackett's offense didn't work in GB 2019-2021

I don't remember who made the point that the Jets OL is so bad that whoever tries to reclaim Zach Wilson really needs to give him a year behind a solid OL to see if he's got something or not.

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Not even the worst TNF game of the last 14 days…

Seriously, they have had a lot of miserable games on Thursday this season. At the start of the season, many of the games didn't seem like they'd be so awful.

Edited by Malazan

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Do we know that LaFleur called the plays when he was in Green Bay?  Because it's pretty hard to argue coherently that Hackett's offense didn't work in GB 2019-2021

I don't remember who made the point that the Jets OL is so bad that whoever tries to reclaim Zach Wilson really needs to give him a year behind a solid OL to see if he's got something or not.

Hackett never called the plays in GB. That was one of his many issues in Denver. I think it was a lot to Go from not calling plays to being the play called and head coach at the same time.

but I totally agree re Wilson. I am maybe one of the few Wilson fans. I think he can be reclaimed. They mismanaged him from day 1. Reminds me of Tannehill

in Miami.

30 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Stefanski's definitely winning coach of the year.

After Daboll won over Shanahan who won more games with a rookie Mr Irrelevant last year I'm not about to crown anyone coach of the year yet. 

The other candidates are Campbell, McVay, Harbaugh, McDaniel (who we can knock out by winning the division) and if he can overcome all the adversity of this season & end up with the #2 seed, our own Sean McDermott.  

13 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Hackett never called the plays in GB. That was one of his many issues in Denver. I think it was a lot to Go from not calling plays to being the play called and head coach at the same time.

but I totally agree re Wilson. I am maybe one of the few Wilson fans. I think he can be reclaimed. They mismanaged him from day 1. Reminds me of Tannehill

in Miami.

Zach Wilson reminds me more of Josh Rosen than Ryan Tannehill.  I heard the exact same defense of Rosen numerous times as each of the 6 teams that thought they could fix him after Arizona traded him as a one & done brought him in & ended up streeting him.  

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Zach Wilson reminds me more of Josh Rosen than Ryan Tannehill.  I heard the exact same defense of Rosen numerous times as each of the 6 teams that thought they could fix him after Arizona traded him as a one & done brought him in & ended up streeting him.  

you might be right on that comp. Or even Trubisky, who really shouldn’t even be in the league. 

if I am Wilson, I go to a team with a real QB developer as the coach and try to get back in the game. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

you might be right on that comp. Or even Trubisky, who really shouldn’t even be in the league. 

if I am Wilson, I go to a team with a real QB developer as the coach and try to get back in the game.

If Wilson wants to keep playing in the NFL and really wants to do everything he can to succeed, he should take what he can get to be QB3 in SF.

• Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I think you got your head in one of your experiments if you think Allen would to force Beane to fire Coach McD or had power to do so personality or not.

Picture of you as a child?

196773Image1.jpg

43 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wilson needs to be broken and remade to be an effective QB.  Best place for him now is backup for Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I think you got your head in one of your experiments if you think Allen would to force Beane to fire Coach McD or had power to do so personality or not.

Picture of you as a child?

196773Image1.jpg

Wilson needs to be broken and remade to be an effective QB.  Best place for him now is backup for Ravens.

That kid is adorable

Typical late season blowout. The Jets have just about packed it in for the season. Their defense pretty much knows that if they get down by two scores it is just about done. As good as their defense can be it is just not great enough to overcome complete incompetence at the QB position and a banged up offensive line. The Jets will have some pieces once Rodgers comes back next season. Hall is a great RB and Wilson a really good WR. They have some pieces but they got to get their offensive line sorted. The Browns much like the Bills are getting hot at the right time. Flacco is giving them just enough at QB and they have the defense and supporting pieces playing at an elite level.

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

After Daboll won over Shanahan who won more games with a rookie Mr Irrelevant last year I'm not about to crown anyone coach of the year yet. 

The other candidates are Campbell, McVay, Harbaugh, McDaniel (who we can knock out by winning the division) and if he can overcome all the adversity of this season & end up with the #2 seed, our own Sean McDermott.  

I'd add Shanahan in there despite the recency bias of the Ravens loss.  Those other five you mentioned had their quarterbacks from start to finish.  Stefanski's went through four different starters at QB.  I think that's an easy way for voters to differentiate him between all the other candidates.

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

but I totally agree re Wilson. I am maybe one of the few Wilson fans. I think he can be reclaimed. They mismanaged him from day 1. Reminds me of Tannehill in Miami.

You might be right that Zach can be reclaimed but I am not sure about the Tannehill comparison.  The Jets certainly have mismanaged Zach Wilson badly but Tannehill actually had at least one pretty good year in Miami while Wilson has looked pretty bad the whole time in NY.

The only improvement for Zach this year is that he appears to be the best of the Jets QBs (Boyle and Siemian) versus the worse of the Jets QBs last year (Flacco and White).

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Great comparison, neither Rosen nor Wilson appeared to have the physical ability to be legitimate NFL QB’s. I don’t think there’s much to salvage with Wilson. They’re also similar in being two guys with questionable character. Rosen never had the right attitude to be successful in the pros, and I’m not sure Wilson does either. Wilson is getting better at saying the right things, but that doesn’t mean he actually thinks them. Wilson comes access as a dude with a bratty attitude, not a recipe for NFL success at the QB position. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.