Will Buffalo vs Miami be flexed to Sunday night??

Special K

If the Bills win this week, and the Fins lose, the Buffalo/Miami game has to be a lock to be flexed to SNF right??

I don’t have the schedule in front of me, but I can’t think there would be a more compelling game than a game with the AFC East and the #2 seed up for grabs.

The only fly in the ointment would be if CBS was able to block the league from flexing the game.

Thoughts??

• Like (+1) 1

I’m going to the game, so I’ve been thinking a lot about this question.  If we’ve already clinched our WC spot too (or even if not) I could see this game instead being the Sat night at 8 pm, since it wouldn’t necessarily be win and in.  The league may instead go with a game like Colts/Texans for Sun night, where the winner is in and loser out.  But, I totally can see the appeal of Bills/Miami on Sun night too.

i don’t believe CBS can block the league from doing what it wants in Week 18 though.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

36 minutes ago, Special K said:

If the Bills win this week, and the Fins lose, the Buffalo/Miami game has to be a lock to be flexed to SNF right??

I don’t have the schedule in front of me, but I can’t think there would be a more compelling game than a game with the AFC East and the #2 seed up for grabs.

The only fly in the ointment would be if CBS was able to block the league from flexing the game.

Thoughts??

No blocks allowed Week 18. The NFL can put any game in any slot and on any network (with FOX and CBS being more or less balanced, that is). And if BUF-MIA is for the division, then yes, the thinking everywhere is we should be Game 272.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 2

Bills @ Dolphins will be the most important game with the most meaning. Especially if there is a chance the Bills could miss the playoffs with a loss.

Texans @ Colts could be a play in game.

Rams @ 49ers is only interesting if the Rams have to win to make the playoffs and the 49ers need to win to hold onto the 1 seed.

Steelers and Bengals don't make sense to flex in because you need to know how the Bills game goes before that becomes interesting (assuming Bills win next week). Like the Steelers and Bengals could both be eliminated before the flex game on Sunday night.

16 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Only if it's on Peacock!

team america vomit GIF

12 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Can we agree to refer to this abomination as the '####?

edit - apparently not, because it gets autofiltered.

7 minutes ago, chongli said:

On the Miami forum, it comes out as "Pea****", lol.

I think we should refer to people who actually like Peacock as C**k-thusiasts!!🦚

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, dma0034 said:

Bills @ Dolphins will be the most important game with the most meaning. Especially if there is a chance the Bills could miss the playoffs with a loss.

Texans @ Colts could be a play in game.

Rams @ 49ers is only interesting if the Rams have to win to make the playoffs and the 49ers need to win to hold onto the 1 seed.

Steelers and Bengals don't make sense to flex in because you need to know how the Bills game goes before that becomes interesting (assuming Bills win next week). Like the Steelers and Bengals could both be eliminated before the flex game on Sunday night.

Let’s wait and see if the Bills Dolphins is a live game first … if it is I have no doubt it will be the Sun night game …

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I thought there were no sun night games week 18?

Or is that just Monday?

I figured it would be sat night or 4:25 on sunday

There are no Monday night games Week 18. All on Sunday and two on Saturday. Both networks have double-headers. There is always SNF, termed "Game 272", except in 2017, when there was none, as no game was deemed worthy enough (but it would have been called "Game 256" back then, as there were only 16 games in a season).

Also, lots of Australian fans up now (but no Bills game for you this week :-(  )!

Edited by chongli

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Also, lots of Australian fans up now (but no Bills game for you this week :-(  )!

You're a real party pooper Chongli.😁

Looks like we'll have to settle for watching the Ravens v Fish game on ESPN, with the ol' tissue box placed strategically over the score ticker.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Special K said:

Thoughts??

K, I looked up the schedule and if what you wrote happens, it will by far be the most compelling game.  What I don’t know is there bowl games or college playoffs that weekend as it’s also possible for Saturday night.  I’d rather have Saturday night as I get up weekdays before 5 am.  That’s a selfish interest.

It is likely as the Bills are a different team under Brady, and the Ravens are no joke.  If they can handle the 49ers like they did Sunday, the Dolphins are in for it especially as Waddle is most likely out and Hill is also hobbled.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Sal Capaccio said that he thinks it will be a game where the winner is in and loser is out. If the Bills clinch this week, I don't think it happens. I think you will see something like Texans vs Colts or something like that. I think Bills vs Dolphins gets Saturday night

That is what they normally try and do to limit the competitive disadvantage to others of having to hang on for the result of the later game. But then this is a season where the NFL was happy to have a team who'd been in London a matter of hours play one that had been there well over a week in the name of "experimentation" so you know, anything is possible!

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

not sure its very fair to either team to flex the game to 8pm , as the loser may be forced to play an away wild card game  against an unknown opponent on a short week the next Saturday .  The fairest to all parties would be 4:25 on Sunday as the Bills can get back to WNY early enough in the evening to be ready to start preparations for (whoever) they play in 5 days. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

not sure its very fair to either team to flex the game to 8pm , as the loser may be forced to play an away wild card game  against an unknown opponent on a short week the next Saturday .  The fairest to all parties would be 4:25 on Sunday as the Bills can get back to WNY early enough in the evening to be ready to start preparations for (whoever) they play in 5 days. 

The 3 hours makes that much of a difference? It's a short week no matter how much you cut it

The league will wait until Sunday's results. If the Bills and Ravens win, then you might hear something on the CBS postgame show after the 1:00 games have ended or halftime/postgame of the 4:25 game. But you probably will hear the news on the SNF show. Either pregame show, halftime show, and definitely by the postgame show. You could also hear the news during the SNF broadcast. I could see Tirico saying something during the game "And we will be in Miami next week for an AFCE showdown between the Bills and Dolphins" or whatever other game they decide to put on SNF.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Thoughts??

If we win this week and Miami loses, it should be.

• Agree 1

To my knowledge, all slots have been kept open for flex scheduling.

I know that last week some of the analytics had the Bills/Miami game as the one with the highest odds of both teams having something to play for. Now, we had so many upsets last week that it could easily change.

If, for example, Miami wins against Baltimore but the Bills clinch a playoff spot do the Bills care about being the 6th or 7th seed? 

But if Week 18 is for the AFC East and the #2 seed, I cannot fathom what other game would take priority. Texans/Colts for the #4 seed? 

Of course, if the Bills have not clinched, maybe they put them in the Saturday night slot.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not sure it matters. I’m guessing the vast majority of the national audience would want to see Miami v Buffalo regardless of the implications. 

Will this become the Oilers/Bills rematch where last week of playoffs is repeated following week?
Will become perfect game to put on Peac0ck again despite out of area Bills fans forced to watch game on them already?

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Will this become the Oilers/Bills rematch where last week of playoffs is repeated following week?
Will become perfect game to put on Peac0ck again despite out of area Bills fans forced to watch game on them already?

Bills shouldn't be on Peacock since NBC already has the Buffalo subscribers. They want new subscribers.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

You're a real party pooper Chongli.😁

Looks like we'll have to settle for watching the Ravens v Fish game on ESPN, with the ol' tissue box placed strategically over the score ticker.

It does really suck for you guys, but if you it's on GamePass/DAZN if you pay for that:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.