This will be the first game I miss in 27 years. Thanks NFL

Heavy Kevi

30 minutes ago, Simon said:

He said he wanted to watch it at home instead of the bar

Thanks.   So strictly as a matter of principle, he's not going to watch.  Seems to me there are about 10,000 ways to protest rampant capitalism around the world.   Of all the ways to protest, I don't get boycotting a Bills game in the middle of the playoff hunt.  To each his own.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Shaw66 said:

Thanks.   So strictly as a matter of principle, he's not going to watch.  Seems to me there are about 10,000 ways to protest rampant capitalism around the world.   Of all the ways to protest, I don't get boycotting a Bills game in the middle of the playoff hunt.  To each his own.  

Oh, he's going to watch all right; he just hasn't admitted it yet.

Right now he's just another guy who's had enough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

I live is SC. I pay for NFL+. I have the app on my firestick attached to my TV. The only time the game wasn't on NFL+ streaming live was when it was broadcasted in my area. Not sure how Saturday's game will go, but I will find a way to watch.

My issue with all the streaming, is not the cost, it's the inconvenience. I'd gladly pay $6 for every Bills game. Just give me 1 portal to watch it through so I don't have to go through the hassle of subscribing and then cancelling right after. Cancelling can be an act of congress sometimes too. It took me 2 1/2 hours to cancel my satellite radio subscription.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Cancel all your services and get this :

https://apollogrouptv.tv

EVERY game from EVERY sport at EVERY level.  Live and recorded.  

New movies old movies movies still in theaters 

everything that’s on Netflix Disney hbo Amazon all in one place.

And that’s only a small fraction of what’s on there.

my only complaint is sometimes the movies don’t have subtitles for the foreign language parts.

Some of the ways Peacock is bundled with other things are hilarious. I had no idea Instacart gets you Peacock. 

Dude, if you buy a 12 pack of Fruit of the Loom underwear, there’s a sticker with a code to get free Peacock.  Just don’t get boxers; gotta be the tighty-whiteys.  

Just now, WotAGuy said:

Some of the ways Peacock is bundled with other things are hilarious. I had no idea Instacart gets you Peacock. 

Dude, if you buy a 12 pack of Fruit of the Loom underwear, there’s a sticker with a code to get free Peacock.  Just don’t get boxers; gotta be the tighty-whiteys.  

and they have to be sizes small or medium.  

• Haha (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

I have voted with my dollars, but totally understand this guys annoyance.

The only regulation I would consider is that anybody that pays taxes in a state with a publicly funded stadium should be able to watch televised events from that stadium without having to pay extra for it.

NYS dropped the ball with Theo stadium negotiations.  This should have been part of any deal, at least for the hills normal market. 

they also should have insisted on a dome.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Simon said:

And next year you'll have to do it twice.

And the year after that, three times on two different services.

And the year after that it will be $20.

And the year after that it will be a playoff game and be $30.

The more accommodations you make for them, the more they will attempt to take advantage of your willingness to do so.

I hit my breaking point this year and will never accommodate them again.

I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. In the end, it'll be my choice. It's not as if I'm not paying for Prime already and a host of other subscriptions. People who get cable are already paying a lot via subscriptions. I guess I don't view any of these services as qualitatively different.

40 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It is

From the Internet:

"Does Peacock come free with Amazon Prime?

Peacock is not free with Amazon Prime. Not only that, but you cannot stream Peacock through Prime like you can with Max, AMC+ and many other streaming services."

https://www.themanual.com/culture/peacock-tv-free-trial/#:~:text=Get Peacock-,Is Peacock free with Amazon Prime%3F,and many other streaming services.

31 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

If he REALLY wanted to stick it to ‘em, he would cancel his subscription at the Bills Backers bars too.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I own a Bills Backer bar.

That's not the point.

You own a Bills sports bar. For somebody trying to take the moral high ground you were going to try and yoink a consumer product for free to use for your business. 

Listen man, I pirate all sorts of stuff. I am not above it. But this bit of whining about the cost is hilariously disjointed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

This is “ Working Capitalism “

The NFL wields the power to be allowed to continue their monopoly…..

The politicians get taken care of and they pander to those with the fat wallets while they’ll the rest of us what we want to hear….. so long as the money keeps flowing 

dude, stop

Monopoly != Capitalism

Allowing a monopoly is government distorting the market, which is the opposite of Capitalism, where a free market is assured

You're describing Crony Capitalism, into which both American political parties are heavily invested.  Using the power of Government to pick winners and losers is exactly what state controlled/centrally planned economies do.  That is not Capitalism

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

prepare the rest of your life for disappointment 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

"Does Peacock come free with Amazon Prime?

Peacock is not free with Amazon Prime. Not only that, but you cannot stream Peacock through Prime like you can with Max, AMC+ and many other streaming services."

https://www.themanual.com/culture/peacock-tv-free-trial/#:~:text=Get Peacock-,Is Peacock free with Amazon Prime%3F,and many other streaming services.

just absolutely lol.  So now you're expecting people who maybe finally figured out how to get the Sunday Ticket on YTTV to add another streaming service, probably having to download an app, set up a username/password.  JHC I bet the pirate streams do 10x what peacock does this weekend,  I mean if you're going to go to the trouble it's easier to click on a link in reddit, or even crack a firestick, which is just a few steps.

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I am one of those few people who just plain had a peacock subscription before all of this that I kind of forgot about.

So...this is probably not the weekend that I am canceling.

I watch the wrestling "premium live events" on peacock - thats about it though.  I was thinking of checking out the twisted metal show though, always loved those games when I had a playstation.  

• Like (+1) 1

So you own a sports bar that presumably profits you personally in part because of the presence of a local NFL team but you think that your taxes pay for your right to watch the team for free?  

You must think people who pay out of pocket to watch the team AND pay taxes are real suckers.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Or, hear me out, just sign up for a week free trial of Peacock and cancel after the game

no harm, no foul

i mean you could setup a Deeznutz@gmail.com type address with a name of nunya bidness and probably do it if privacy is a concern

The guy owns a Bills Backers Bar. Technically he should be getting the Peacock for Business, or whatever they are calling it. There isn't really much of a no harm, no foul in this instance. 

If he wanted to pirate it because "fork the man!", then go for it. No issues. 

But to come on here as some weird martyr where he is going to miss the first Bills game since the birth of Christ because....moral...or whatever...is silly. 

Also he isn't going to do any of that. He owns a Bills Backers Bar. He isn't going to close down for the Bills game. It is all for show. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Alpo Chino said:

If you own a Bills Backer bar you definitely need to find a way to have the game on. That could be unforgivable in some peoples eyes. Do it for your business. 

The Ravenwood in Clifton Park outside of Albany shuts down at half time for the late night games. They literally called last call while there was time on the clock in the 2nd quarter. My buddy plays hockey around the corner, so the plan was to meet after his game to watch the Bills. I was flabbergasted. 

They are a listed Bills Backers Bar. 

I won't go there again and I tell every Buffalo Bills fan I know about it. What a crock of shirt. 

3 minutes ago, Alpo Chino said:

If you own a Bills Backer bar you definitely need to find a way to have the game on. That could be unforgivable in some peoples eyes. Do it for your business. 

He's already said he pays for Peacock at the bar (back on page 3) but wants to watch it at home.  Several people have pointed out that he could use the same login at home to watch it, since Peacock gives you three streams on one login. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mango said:

The guy owns a Bills Backers Bar. Technically he should be getting the Peacock for Business, or whatever they are calling it. There isn't really much of a no harm, no foul in this instance. 

If he wanted to pirate it because "fork the man!", then go for it. No issues. 

But to come on here as some weird martyr where he is going to miss the first Bills game since the birth of Christ because....moral...or whatever...is silly. 

Also he isn't going to do any of that. He owns a Bills Backers Bar. He isn't going to close down for the Bills game. It is all for show. 

Yeah, I had the same thought. Honestly a pretty weird post and a massive overreaction. Most people agree the current streaming landscape is a mess but this thread is a bit over the top.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Just Jack said:

He's already said he pays for Peacock at the bar (back on page 3) but wants to watch it at home.  Several people have pointed out that he could use the same login at home to watch it, since Peacock gives you three streams on one login. 

So 8 pages for this guy's faux martyrdom for a cause that doesn't actually exist. 

"I am going to miss my first Bills game since OJ Simpson because I refuse to pay the man"
- Heavy Kevi

"I already pay the man for this exact product to run my Buffalo Bills specific business, but I don't want to go to work that day. And also I don't know how technology works"
- also Heavy Kevi 

What a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think most of the folks complaining about the OP have already wasted their money on Peacock.  Personally I plan to borrow family creds from wny for spectrum tv.  F#$% the NFL for what is essentially price gouging (especially for those of us who paid for the ticket) and F#$% Peacock's garbage streaming service. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have watched every game for decades. Literally.

Even gotten free trials of fubo, downloaded apps, got up at absurd times to see London games, etc.

But this game isn't on LOCAL ROCHESTER MARKET because piddly little peacock is trying a money grab. 

All the other "exclusives" had free trials, were simulcast on a real network, or even in the case of prime- everyone already has it. But peacock, tiny little bullschitt peacock with nothing worthwhile to offer? The NFL not only isn't afraid, they actively don't like us.

So I can't. I just can't. Sure, I could afford the subscription; but I can't positively reinforce negative behavior by the NFL trying yet another way into fans' pockets. 

They will take our tax money to build the brand new stadium for a billionaire, but we can't even watch the effing game. Pathetic.

just google nfl streams Reddit. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.