Dallas @ Buffalo Postgame Thread

HappyDays

34 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Dallas better figure out how to stop RB1 in Miami. Lovely that Bills did NOT play into DAL D pass/speed strength

I am legit worried now that Miami is going to steamroll Dallas too. Dallas almost has to play a light box against Miami if Hill plays. And if they couldn’t stop our running game, they aren’t going to stop the dolphins’ running game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

The fact this thread only has 11 pages 2.5 hours after the game shows that fans dont have anything to complain about (refs, playcalling, etc)

So I’ll complain. Wish Cook caught that TD cause he deserved it especially on that drive. 

This was such a good game because the coaches basically stuck to what worked and didn’t try to get tricky and make themselves look like the smartest guy in the stadium. Just kept running Cook. 

I was actually surprised not a single holding call was made all night. Feel like that is pretty much routine for us to see 2-3 a game

Didn’t Dallas have a holding call in the first quarter?  

28 minutes ago, JMM said:

Then you didn't watch Thurman who was an MVP  and an incredible dual threat. OJ was strictly a runner

No one will convince, or unconvinced, another, but …

I saw OJ as far back as college.   He played in my first Bills game at the Rockpile.   He was the hero of my youth and among the greatest ever at RB.

Thurman Thomas is the best running back the Buffalo Bills ever had.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To transition to the first commercial break they played “Happy Hour Hero” by moe. I knew then that the script was written, and it was a Buffalo win for sure.

For those of you who are uncultured, moe. is a popular in the jam band scene. They formed while in undergrad at UB. They always rep Buffalo well on the road. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

To transition to the first commercial break they played “Happy Hour Hero” by moe.

Thank you.

I've been temporarily deaf all season and had no idea if they were stilling playing good music in their outros.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

To transition to the first commercial break they played “Happy Hour Hero” by moe. I knew then that the script was written, and it was a Buffalo win for sure.

For those of you who are uncultured, moe. is a popular in the jam band scene. They formed while in undergrad at UB. They always rep Buffalo well on the road. 

A side note to the game for sure , but whoever chose the music for the commercial transitions for todays telecast on Fox gets an A+ from me. It was great the whole game. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

Side Note: Cam Lewis had a good game. Is he heir apparent for Hyde’s spot next year?

I'm zero surprised that Cam Lewis played well. He usually shows well when given the opportunity.

Also he wouldn't be a staple of special teams if he wasn't a good football player.

I noticed he played deep safety most of the time but came up and played slot corner on several snaps. I love his versatility.

Cam is another player that our coaching staff trusts more than our fanbase.

6 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Was there any doubt in anyone’s mind that we would lose?

I was fully expecting the Bills to win... but I absolutely did not envision this level of domination.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

This was undoubtedly a good omen

Was at the game, knew the game was a wrap when they had helicopters fly over

No other fly over gets the crowd as juiced as the helicopters

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Exactly, thank you for saying this. I've been begging the Bills for years to take advantage of easy opportunities in the run game given to us by defenses selling out to stop Josh's right arm. There are wide open rushing lanes against every team we face because they're deathly afraid of us hitting a 40 yard pass.

Interesting point.  And Cook is the perfect complement for a dominant QB.  The last guy I remember running like Cook was LeVeon Bell, who just waited and waited until he saw the crease he needed.  Cook does that.  Bell had Ben; Cook has Josh. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm zero surprised that Cam Lewis played well. He usually shows well when given the opportunity.

Also he wouldn't be a staple of special teams if he wasn't a good football player.

I noticed he played deep safety most of the time but came up and played slot corner on several snaps. I love his versatility.

Cam is another player that our coaching staff trusts more than our fanbase.

I was fully expecting the Bills to win... but I absolutely did not envision this level of domination.

I've defended cam here relentlessly over the years

Half the people on this board called him trash after he got mossed by Justin Jefferson last year

Kid is super versatile and a good tough player 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

The cowgirls fans are idiotic.

All week saying Josh is average...

And they still are saying it, it-almost-feels-scripted.518535

Lol!

Let me guess: they’re claiming they “shut him down and held him to only 92 yards passing” while they got run over all day long lol

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am legit worried now that Miami is going to steamroll Dallas too. Dallas almost has to play a light box against Miami if Hill plays. And if they couldn’t stop our running game, they aren’t going to stop the dolphins’ running game. 

Hopefully they have Hankins back at DT. 

Also, Dallas isn’t “that” bad on run defense.  We just brutalized them. 

Miami’s OL isn’t as good as ours and Dallas doesn’t have to account for Tua read option runs. 

Miami home field isn’t Buffalo and hopefully Dallas Offense shows up. 

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

You're right.  That was a special performance.   And no, Thurman didn't run like that.   

Cook's not OJ, because OJ was a threat to do it every week.  Still, that was special. 

I’m too full of pizza to care to look it up, but I don’t recall OJ being much of a receiving threat, is my memory going?

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

A side note to the game for sure , but whoever chose the music for the commercial transitions for todays telecast on Fox gets an A+ from me. It was great the whole game. 

That’s by far the biggest and maybe only plus from games on fox.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BRH said:

Let me guess: they’re claiming they “shut him down and held him to only 92 yards passing” while they got run over all day long lol

No, they call him one of their 5 most hated players in the NFL for cheating/flopping.

Geeze.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Hopefully they have Hankins back at DT. 

Also, Dallas isn’t “that” bad on run defense.  We just brutalized them. 

Miami’s OL isn’t as good as ours and Dallas doesn’t have to account for Tua read option runs. 

Miami home field isn’t Buffalo and hopefully Dallas Offense shows up. 

Looking at the Cowboys' website, they are hopeful Zack Martin will play next week.

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’m too full of pizza to care to look it up, but I don’t recall OJ being much of a receiving threat, is my memory going?

Are people having trouble tonight following the conversation?  OldMan said the Bills haven't had a running performance like that since OJ.  Running.  What difference does it OJ's receiving make in a conversation about Cook's running. 

But, if you want to have a conversation about OJ's receiving ability, he was an excellent receiver.  He was a receiver before he became a running back, and as a receiver with the Bills, he was excellent.  He wasn't targeted as often as Thurman, but his yards per reception were better than Thurman's.  His touchdown production as a receiver was better, on a percentage basis, than Thurman's  

Great as Thurman was, put OJ in the K-gun and the Bills might have won four Super Bowls in a row.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have to say, so many times over the McD era we’ve been bullied in tough matchups but geeze we laid the wood today. We dominated the LOS in ways OL and DL coaches only fantasize about. 

McD and the coaching staff deserve so much credit for keeping this team focused despite all the nonsense surrounding them this year; not to mention half our defense is on IR. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

He was fine as a receiver, but simply wasn’t utilized as such very often. Most of the great running backs in that era weren’t really utilized as such. He had a decent YPR average when he was here though. Better than Thurman’s for what it’s worth.

I find these comparisons absurd though. OJ was a legit threat to score from anywhere on the field on every play. If TT had OJ’s world class speed, he would have been, too. But he didn’t and that’s why we never thought TT was gonna break off 80 yard runs with regularity. Whereas we always had that feeling with OJ. You literally felt it in your gut on every run.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

He was fine as a receiver, but simply wasn’t utilized as such very often. Most of the great running backs in that era weren’t really utilized as such. He had a decent YPR average when he was here though. Better than Thurman’s for what it’s worth.

I find these comparisons absurd though. OJ was a legit threat to score from anywhere on the field on every play. If TT had OJ’s world class speed, he would have been, too. But he didn’t and that’s why we never thought TT was gonna break off 80 yard runs with regularity. Whereas we always had that feeling with OJ. You literally felt it in your gut on every run.

OJ’s highlight reel is jaw-dropping.  He had size, speed, and he could cut on a dime.  Thurman ran lower to the ground and made himself skinny to get through tackles.  They both could catch and neither of them ever seemed to get hit hard.  

I loved them both when they were here.  Hopefully Cook will add his name to that list.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Dallas should be all healed up from whatever bug they had this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.