Jets cut Boyle bring in Rypien

The Jokeman

It has no effect on Rodgers for next year.  Boyle got to live out his dream of starting with his family in the stands.  Now he can join them for the holidays. Boyle was a case of trying something new & realizing it didn't work out.  Now they have to get Rypien ready to start in 2-3 weeks.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was clearly terrible. They just should have stuck with Wilson.

It was going to be hard for them to stick with Wilson, but I think it was quite evident that he was a better quarterback than Tim Boyle will ever be. And, that is saying a whole ***** load about how bad Tim Boyle is as a quarterback.

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Can the Jets just get their QB sh*t together enough to give Miami a little bit of a game on the 17th?   Their first matchup was an absolute joke.  Rypien is probaby better than anyone on the roster stepping in.

Trevor Simien fumbled 3 times in like 20 passing attempts on Sunday. Its bad over there 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-will-dump-tim-boyle-for-brett-rypien

Is this a good/bad/no sign of Rodgers sticking around next year? As his boy just got cut. It also could mean Nate Hackett is on thinner ice. Thoughts?

Has Nate even skated on thick ice??? Ever??? 

If Rypien didn't work out WITH SEAN MCVAY, what makes the Jests think that he will work with them??? HE STARTED for the Rams when Stafford was out and after they cut him outright!

Abysmal.

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-to-sign-qb-carson-wentz-following-matthew-stafford-s-thumb-injury

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Is it possible that Johnson is this detached from the team he owns that he just lets these idiots and the team twist in the wind like this?  

How does Reich get fired and Saleh/Hackett/whoever their GM is still have a place to park their car at work??

The saddest part of this for the fans is that everyone seems to be thinking: "hey it's ok--we just have to get Aaron Rogers back on the field and we will be SB contenders again!!  We just gotta get there!"

5 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-will-dump-tim-boyle-for-brett-rypien

Is this a good/bad/no sign of Rodgers sticking around next year? As his boy just got cut. It also could mean Nate Hackett is on thinner ice. Thoughts?

I really don't understand the belief that Rodgers is super loyal to people like Nate Hackett and Tim Boyle.  Boyle played two years with Rodgers, he was third string one year and second string the next.  Rodgers probably barely knew Boyle existed.

Same with Hackett.  He was OC for two years with Rodgers and didn't even call plays, Matt Lefleur did.  This year Hackett's offense has scored 10 TDs all season, the same as the Dolphins scored in one game.  Hackett's offenses have been historically bad for two years in a row.

Why would Rodgers refuse to play without Hackett and Boyle?

Edited by Billy Claude

4 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Rodgers will be around next year.  That's certain.  Thry want to give someone else a try out.

5 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mark Rypien? That dude is old! 😉

5 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Fun fact. Brett Rypien has started 4 games in his NFL career. Two of them were against the Jets. 

Brett Rypien is Mark Rypien's nephew.  He is was signed off Seahawks PS.  

https://www.seahawks.com/team/players-roster/brett-rypien/

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is it possible that Johnson is this detached from the team he owns that he just lets these idiots and the team twist in the wind like this?  

How does Reich get fired and Saleh/Hackett/whoever their GM is still have a place to park their car at work??

The saddest part of this for the fans is that everyone seems to be thinking: "hey it's ok--we just have to get Aaron Rogers back on the field and we will be SB contenders again!!  We just gotta get there!"

Johnson is a legendarily bad owner. That guy is brutal. Such a clown.

• Like (+1) 1

I hope all of the Jets' shenanigans this year have caused everyone fearing Rogers going into the season to have no fear at all now, just a healthy funny bone, as the humor and chaos will continue until he is gone (along with almost every other coach and administrator).

He was, and is, a QB way past his prime, and worse even better, an immensely insecure headcase.

Still loving this train wreck!

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 2

Honestly don’t see the point this late in the season. They aren’t winning. They aren’t making the playoffs. Just put Wilson in and finish the season. They shouldn't have pulled him to begin with. 

there situation is what it is. A good team without a qb. That’s not going to change rotating bad qb after bad. 

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m reading message about how the Jets will be everybody’s darling in the off-season and everyone will be telling us that they’re going to win the Super Bowl

Happens every year

In Dallas too

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

I really don't understand the belief that Rodgers is super loyal to people like Nate Hackett and Tim Boyle.  Boyle played two years with Rodgers, he was third string one year and second string the next.  Rodgers probably barely knew Boyle existed.

Same with Hackett.  He was OC for two years with Rodgers and didn't even call plays, Matt Lefleur did.  This year Hackett's offense has scored 10 TDs all season, the same as the Dolphins scored in one game.  Hackett's offenses have been historically bad for two years in a row.

Why would Rodgers refuse to play without Hackett and Boyle?

Rodgers LOVES Hackett

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/24/aaron-rodgers-nathaniel-hackett-new-york-jets-otas/

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/hiring-hackett-big-reason-why-jets-landed-aaron-rodgers

8 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hackett is Aaron Rodgers bait. It's how he got hired in Denver and how he got the OC job in NY. He's the Randall Cobb of coaches.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Mark Rypien? That dude is old! 😉

He’s better than this Rypien still! Oscar The Grouch Earth GIF by Sesame Street

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Saleh isn't in New York after this season if the Jets keep on losing. 

Honestly though, is it really his fault? Everyone wanted Rodgers and you get held hostage by that maniac. He’s done his job on defense. 

I would take him in a second as our DC.

• Haha (+1) 1

Unless Siemian has been completely broken,  I would give him a shot.  I remember watching him early on with the broncos and he played pretty well.  A lot better than what they have gotten out of Boyle or Wilson.  I know he had 3 fumbles, but that was also trying to get some of rust out of actually taking his again. 

All of it is pretty dire and none of the options are good. 

2 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

Unless Siemian has been completely broken,  I would give him a shot.  I remember watching him early on with the broncos and he played pretty well.  A lot better than what they have gotten out of Boyle or Wilson.  I know he had 3 fumbles, but that was also trying to get some of rust out of actually taking his again. 

If Woody says Zach is gone, it'll be Siemian or Rypien the rest of the year.

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That was before Hackett demonstrated that he is historically horrible at calling plays or managing offenses.   

Edited by Billy Claude

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s better than this Rypien still! Oscar The Grouch Earth GIF by Sesame Street

Honestly though, is it really his fault? Everyone wanted Rodgers and you get held hostage by that maniac. He’s done his job on defense. 

I would take him in a second as our DC.

Is he a DC or a HC? As head man he oversees everything and his offense is one of the worst the league has seen in ages despite changes at OC from last year, QB from last year, RB/WR personnel from last year. 

3 hours ago, Udubalum07 said:

The last time a team Simien played for won was in 2017, when he was on the Broncos. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.