Nyheim Hines breaks silence over off-season injury

BillsFan619

“The details of what happened were always a little unclear. It was understood that there was a jet ski accident that was the cause of injury, and that he would be unavailable for the rest of the season. A huge blow to his continued success here at Buffalo.

In the incident, one of Hines’ friends did not see him turn his jet ski on the water and crashed into him going somewhere between 20 and 40 mph. Then when Hines when to go workout, somehow his leg, the side of his body not contacted by the other jet ski, was bothering him.

A MRI result showed Hines tore the ACL and LCL in his left knee.

Per Hines, he was barely even using the water craft that weekend, he just wanted to be a good friend and fill it with more gas for everyone else. Then the accident.”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/01/buffalo-bills-nyheim-hines-breaks-silence-injury-update-nfl/

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"breaks silence". 

Oh what incredible silence to break, as  if  some great revelation is here. 

Author must work for modern media and/or is a Drama queen

Right.  Maybe someday soon Sean will break his silence on 13 seconds.  THAT would be a headline.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

“The details of what happened were always a little unclear. 

In the incident, one of Hines’ friends did not see him turn his jet ski on the water and crashed into him going somewhere between 20 and 40 mph. Then when Hines when to go workout, somehow his leg, the side of his body not contacted by the other jet ski, was bothering him.

Per Hines, he was barely even using the water craft that weekend, he just wanted to be a good friend and fill it with more gas for everyone else. Then the accident.”

WTF?

The details are still unclear.

Was he riding and turning when hit?

Or was he sitting still getting gas? 

Or is he now spinning it that his leg that didn't get hit by the jet ski was injured by working out? 

I'm more confused now. 

Edited by loyal2dagame
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

"breaks silence". 

Oh what incredible silence to break, as  if  some great revelation is here. 

Author must work for modern media and/or is a Drama queen

breaks silence lol… that sort of headline and one expects that James Cook hired jef Gillooly or something…. it wasn’t the jet ski at all! In was rusty jones revenge 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, benderbender said:

I knew something was fishy.

image.thumb.jpeg.5b7567e3b925250dfbad306f35bfb386.jpeg

He was bare. I knew it. That nudist couldn’t even keep pants on. 

“Hines’ Hiney lands him in hot water with Buffalo…”

Someone missed out. 

Edited by BBFL

7 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

“The details of what happened were always a little unclear. It was understood that there was a jet ski accident that was the cause of injury, and that he would be unavailable for the rest of the season. A huge blow to his continued success here at Buffalo.

A MRI result showed Hines tore the ACL and LCL in his left knee.

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2023/12/01/buffalo-bills-nyheim-hines-breaks-silence-injury-update-nfl/

Hines is always a guy I liked in Indy. Was really looking forward to him being in this offense. Missed opportunity last year under Dorsey...I'm betting Joe Brady could have found a role for him.

That said, I'm pretty sure he's all but done here in Buffalo. The past two years we have seen first hand that guys coming off ACLs are pretty much a shell of themselves the following year. Even a young pup like Breece Hall has seen a lack of explosiveness this year. And yes, some of that is due to OL...but not all.

At his cap hit coming off this injury and in the last year of his contract he is, unfortunately, an easy call as a cap cut IMO.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

7 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Then when Hines when to go workout, somehow his leg, the side of his body not contacted by the other jet ski, was bothering him.

Does anyone else read this part as Hines was hoping to show the injury was somehow caused by a normal football routine workout/conditioning and not the jet ski accident? That would have saved Hines millions right if the injury was shown to be football related and not from a recreational activity. 

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Does anyone else read this part as Hines was hoping to show the injury was somehow caused by a normal football routine workout/conditioning and not the jet ski accident? That would have saved Hines millions right if the injury was shown to be football related and not from a recreational activity. 

I bet t happened as he was stepping up the curb on the way into the gym...some of those curbs are pretty high

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Read another version of this story in the Athletic a week ago. Did not get any indication that Hines was saying injury was workout related. Story said Bills and Hines reached an agreement re: non-football injury list. Did not specify, but I assume from story Bills are still paying him, but maybe a reduced amount.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Hines is always a guy I liked in Indy. Was really looking forward to him being in this offense. Missed opportunity last year under Dorsey...I'm betting Joe Brady could have found a role for him.

That said, I'm pretty sure he's all but done here in Buffalo. The past two years we have seen first hand that guys coming off ACLs are pretty much a shell of themselves the following year. Even a young pup like Breece Hall has seen a lack of explosiveness this year. And yes, some of that is due to OL...but not all.

At his cap hit coming off this injury and in the last year of his contract he is, unfortunately, an easy call as a cap cut IMO.

no one comes back from ACL the next year... always takes two offseasons.  not sure why, but the pattern repeats over and over with almost no exceptions.  Von Miller will be back to his old self next year IMO, but not before

7 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

no one comes back from ACL the next year... always takes two offseasons.  not sure why, but the pattern repeats over and over with almost no exceptions.  Von Miller will be back to his old self next year IMO, but not before

Agree, pretty much everyone not named Adrian Peterson has a down year right after an ACL. But that dude was a genetic freak of nature. Some never fully come back at all.

When we signed Von I figured last year and this year we would see "peak Von". And starting next season age would finally be an issue an dalow him a bit. The injury took what I believed would be his 2 good year window away.

All the news I've seen, not the uninformed speculation, is that Hines was acting in a responsible manner and was injured accidentally by someone crashing into him.  He sounds like a good guy, a person who fits into the Bills' culture.

As for going forward, the questions are whether he will have had time to heal by the start of next season, and whether he wants to play for the Bills.  There was a dispute between Hines and the team about his pay level, but that appears to have been resolved amicably. So I hope he's fully healed and at full speed by next summer.  It will be a big shame for him and for the team if he never gets back to full speed after the accident.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.