Jets @ Bills Postgame thread

Simon

Bills looked good against a generally good Jets defense and Bills defense didn't let down against the woeful Jets offense. 

That was good overall and Allen looked pretty good.  Starting out with just field goals and then getting some TD's later will pay benefits with Josh being patient and taking the points when necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

They humiliated the Jets today.  Really put them out of their misery this season.

Can't wait to listen to WFAN tmrw. They were so cocky heading in , I gotta travel for my job to different locations,  got about a 30 min ride at 2 , right in time to hear Evan Roberts tears

22 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

4:35 second mark.  Very interesting comment about Josh allen. 

Reporter - Zach did not complete a pass to a WR👀👀

Saleh - Um, I don't have an answer for that

Props to McDermott man. He had this D ready through all the noise

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

I know the Eagles haven't played yet, but even after MNF the Bills will have less points against than the 8-1 Eagles in one less game played. Our defense allows 4.4 less points per game! The Eagles offense only outscores us by 1.3 points per game (and I can see that coming down after the KC game, Chiefs have a great defense).

I'm thinking the Eagles will be able to score on us, but their defense is vulnerable and definitely gives up points this year.

Another interesting stat. The Bills are tied for 2nd in the NFL in takeaways, but still only have a neutral - 0 turnover differential. Yikes!

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I know the Eagles haven't played yet, but even after MNF the Bills will have less points against than the 8-1 Eagles in one less game played. Our defense allows 4.4 less points per game! The Eagles offense only outscores us by 1.3 points per game (and I can see that coming down after the KC game, Chiefs have a great defense).

I'm thinking the Eagles will be able to score on us, but their defense is vulnerable and definitely gives up points this year.

Their secondary has holes, really good front 4 though, our D is much more complete. Despite 5 close losses, we're heavyweights in this league and can play with anyone.  Said it at 5-5 , I'll keep saying it

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I still can't embed tweets since X

but Saleh with the tackle assist

He was then mysteriously benched.

Team cancer Stefon Diggs clearly asking teammates to help him pack for his inevitable move to Dallas.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

The crowd seemed to be tired of the fake lining up on fourth down  to draw a penalty. Even then Jets were Laughing it off.

I was at the game and thought it was silly.  During the Jets timeout when we were going to "go for it", the long snapper on the sidelines was taking warm up snaps.  Telegraph much?

In general really though I hate this. Either go for it or not.  Its just wimpy football.  Seems like a waste of time outs.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Wow what an #######.

"Not as much hero-ball as we are used to seeing." That was kind of a d### thing to say and not very professional.

Even if he believes that about Allen, you don't say that #### at the podium.

Doubt McD would say Wilson "Held the ball, turtled up, and took sacks like we are used to seeing".

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

"Not as much hero-ball as we are used to seeing." That was kind of a d### thing to say and not very professional.

Even if he believes that about Allen, you don't say that #### at the podium.

Doubt McD would say Wilson "Held the ball, turtled up, and took sacks like we are used to seeing".

Yeah when you're one bad special teams play away from being shutout 32-0 maybe don't talk ***** about the other teams QB, just take your lumps like a ***** professional. Though I guess he was comforted by the knowledge he wouldn't have to play us again this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

It's crazy how challenging we've found it to get our RBs involved in the offense over the past few years. The fact that a guy like Ty Johnson could come in off the PS and immediately produce like that, it shows you how easy it should be to have a run game when defenses are going all out to stop your passing offense. We've made it look so difficult for so long.

Ty Johnson played very good tonight. Very inspiring.

Serious question... what happens when Damien Harris is healthy again?

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I heard on WGR, from Sal maybe, that Harris was contemplating retiring after that neck injury. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Jets Twitter is grade A comedy right now. Their official Twitter page didn't even post the final score 🤣🤣

If you thought this board was bad last week,  this is on another level and I'm loving every second of it

Don't think I've ever seen that from any team

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

He really did. Very impressive. My 1st thought after watching him is why Dorsey didn't use him

Murray also looks great in his role and Cook is becoming a legit rb1. We actually have a legit running game, props to the OL too

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Do wonder if Ty Johnsons play will spell the end of Fournette's career on the Bills before it ever even started.

Johnson replaces Harris. Fournette is there to put heat on Murray

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

was surprised to see they played a bit more traditional 4-3 today, and Dodson really made some stops in both the run and pass game today. 

When you know the other team really can't throw and isn't going to spread the field and the only way they can really hurt you is running the ball then you can play more real 4-3 defense. 

5 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

You can argue that the order of the plays were different, but they essentially ran the same offense they always do. They difference from this week to the next was the execution.

The order of the plays is what it's all about though. Especially when judging an OC. It's what you call and when you call it. It's how you setup things for the future then capitalize on it. It's how you a reading what the defense is trying to do to you and then effectively countering that. Of course the offense is the same offense. It's GOING to be the same offense. It's about how it's called in-game and how it's executed.  Dorsey's problem was never the playbook.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, GoBills! said:

Hopefully Rapp and company are able to go next week we will need our secondary.

It would be even worse if Beane didn't make the trade for Douglas.  Losing Taron Johnson next week would be pretty deflating.  Concussions are so unpredictable as far as timelines are concerned.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Johnson replaces Harris. Fournette is there to put heat on Murray

When you know the other team really can't throw and isn't going to spread the field and the only way they can really hurt you is running the ball then you can play more real 4-3 defense. 

Also having Douglas lock down Wilson was awesome to see. He looks phenomenal now that he's up to speed with the playbook. 

Can't wait to see him lock up Brown/Smith next week 

38 minutes ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

A Jets fans perspective:

First half:

Second half:

Boy, are they pissed!

Found these guys last week . Hilarious if you're not a Jets fan. 

When Saleh got hit with Wilson the guy saying he's intentionally trying to hurt Wilson was hilarious 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

This is great coach that I hope they extend for a long time. 

You should want them to keep their GM who just knows how to pick such great QBs..  but seriously that has to be one of the worst NFL QB class ever. I mean outside of Lawrence the rest are dogs. 

Enjoying reading the Jets board this morning:

"Rogers will heal up for 2024 but the jets need to get the WR2 and line solidified. Waaayyy too many injuries across the line. Never really seen anything like it.
I’m done for the year

Ps- there is not a more annoying fan base than the bills
Now I have to deal with their ***** tomorrow too

awesome"

DEAL WITH IT AMERICA !

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Kinda lost in the whole Jets offense sucks thing is how much Nate Hackett sucks

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.