Bills vs Jets 4:25 PM Nov. 19 Lets move on.

Chaos

27 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

We can't actually be swept by Zach Wilson this season can we?

I mean... we can't possibly get swept by a team led by this guy... Can we? 🥺🥺

Jets defense is no kidding, they have the Q. Williams brothers, Sauce, Mosley and Reed, who are all top 5 defenders at their positions.

Meanwhile our defense is currently without our best DL, LB, CB, and S.  Don't have a good feeling about this one.

• Eyeroll 1

Well you couldn’t ask for a better first test for Brady. Study that gross first game and do the opposite. 

after that lost that crap fest (on my birthday no less 😞), I stayed I would bet $1,000 on the bills in the second game because there’s no way they would lose 2 games to Zack Wilson. I’m terrified to do so now. And that makes me sad.

Just now, BearNorth said:

Jets defense is no kidding, they have the Q. Williams brothers, Sauce, Mosley and Reed, who are all top 5 defenders at their positions.

Meanwhile our defense is currently without our best DL, LB, CB, and S.  Don't have a good feeling about this one.

Our defense is good enough to stop the Jets. First Wilson sucks. Second Breece hasn't been running all that well as their OL is in shambles. After G. Wilson they don't have much at wide receiver. It should be a low scoring game. As long as the Bills don't turn it over (big if I know) they should win especially at home. Also, the Jets shoot themselves in the foot with penalties all the time which also plays a big role in the offensive struggles.

• Like (+1) 1

I see from my local listings in Colorado that this will be our network late game on Sunday. Back in the day this no doubt seemed like a winner: Aaron Rodgers vs. Josh Allen! Both teams in the thick of the playoff hunt!

Now? I'll be watching, but for my fellow Colorado NFL fans it's kind of like getting Bucs-Falcons.

• Haha (+1) 1

Both teams are beyond frustrated,  This is going to be a physical battle royale.  I'm not expecting a lot of points that's for sure.  If I'm Joe Brady I'd make this a fairly conservative game plan, run and check it down...a few Allen off script scrambles when the pocket opens up, get down and slide (ala Russ Wilson the other night).  Emphasize ball security.  Hopefully the tide and luck starts to flip on turnovers and the Bills get takeaways.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Yobogoya! said:

We can't actually be swept by Zach Wilson this season can we?

I mean... we can't possibly get swept by a team led by this guy... Can we? 🥺🥺

This is Zack Wilson's super bowl! 😐

If the Bills can't be bothered to show up for this then it's going to be open season on clowning on them for the rest of the year and in fact until they prove that they can beat a .500 team

6 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

This is Zack Wilson's super bowl! 😐

If the Bills can't be bothered to show up for this then it's going to be open season on clowning on them for the rest of the year and in fact until they prove that they can beat a .500 team

Well it will be his third ring against us if he wins. 😂 

Do you guys want a thread with statistics projections right now so we can see what kind of impact Brady has?

Like Allen is on pace for 32 TDs and 19 picks. Should we track it so if he finishes with 14 we can be like “dang, huge drop in pick percentage rate” and we will have an idea of how effective Brady is? 

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Do you guys want a thread with statistics projections right now so we can see what kind of impact Brady has?

Like Allen is on pace for 32 TDs and 19 picks. Should we track it so if he finishes with 14 we can be like “dang, huge drop in pick percentage rate” and we will have an idea of how effective Brady is? 

Do it

Also I want a "Allen actively engaged on teh sideline" indicator

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Joe Brady saves McD this year and replaces him next year? 

I'd take that over McD firing the rest of the assistants, managers, staff, janitors, and concession workers and trying to do it all himself.  At this point I wouldnt trust him to pour a beer properly

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I get the same feeling listening to Brady talk.  

Yep!! I've only gotten through less than 2 minutes of Joe Brady talking than Dorsey, but I already like him better.  My bias I guess as an English teacher, but just so much more confident as a public speaker.

I know Dorsey was super football smart, but his PCs were painful.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yep!! I've only gotten through less than 2 minutes of Joe Brady talking than Dorsey, but I already like him better.  My bias I guess as an English teacher, but just so much more confident as a public speaker.

Makes you wonder. Just because you’re smart, doesn’t mean you can teach. 

I wonder if that was his downfall. Players did seem to have issues picking things up. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

It may be your bias but as a non English teacher, having that type of confidence in something you don't normally do gives me more confidence in what he is actually supposed to be doing.

Even as far as putting blame on himself for Dorsey getting fired was something we don't normally hear from any of the coaching staff.

Every press conference after a loss:  "We'll have to look at the tape" or "I'm not getting into specific right now" or "We'll keep that internal for the time being"

Just nice to hear that "accountability" from someone when that's all they preach and no one has shown it outside of Allen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, stlbills13 said:

Will Fournette play?

Not yet known, but I sure hope so.

I think he has something to offer in terms of being a good pass blocker who can also leak out and catch passes, and also as a short yardage and goal line back.

He has had over 1,000 yards from scrimmage each of the past two seasons and his five years younger than Murray. He is by no means "washed".

Only problem is that Ty Johnson seems to be the primary kick returner and play on special teams, so he may continue to get the nod over Fournette. He shouldn't, though. When was the last time Ty Johnson had a big return or did anything noteworthy on the football field? I think Fournette offers more to the offense than Johnson does to special teams, but...I'm not the one making the roster decisions.

• Like (+1) 2

The more I think about this game, the more I think it a true low point of the season is imminent.

Because unless the Jets defense and team has already quit on Saleh, this is the wrong week to expect a miraculous turnaround even if Brady does have a real impact going forward. Could very well be one of those classic 9-6 barn burners with of course the Bills once again on the losing side. But then again the Jets havent scored an offensive TD in 3 weeks, would be fitting if Zack Wilson and their offense magically explodes against this defense.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The more I think about this game, the more I think it a true low point of the season is imminent.

Because unless the Jets defense and team has already quit on Saleh, this is the wrong week to expect a miraculous turnaround even if Brady does have a real impact going forward. Could very well be one of those classic 9-6 barn burners with of course the Bills once again on the losing side. But then again the Jets havent scored an offensive TD in 3 weeks, would be fitting if Zack Wilson and their offense magically explodes against this defense.

You must be a blast a parties

• Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Makes you wonder. Just because you’re smart, doesn’t mean you can teach. 

I wonder if that was his downfall. Players did seem to have issues picking things up. 

A couple people have said that Dorsey's O was the most complicated they had ever seen.  How does a poor verbal communicator run a highly complex Offense. 

I worked for Bernie Ebbers at WCOM many years ago.  He was a gym teacher by profession who ended up using a bunch of (poorly thought out) leveraged buyouts to make the 2nd biggest telco on the  planet for a bit.  He was the master of the mangled metaphor so no great wonder things fell apart.  That and the industrial scale fraud, of course.  My favorite saying of his was "OK People, let's keep your nose to the grindstone"

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

A couple people have said that Dorsey's O was the most complicated they had ever seen.  How does a poor verbal communicator run a highly complex Offense. 

I worked for Bernie Ebbers at WCOM many years ago.  He was a gym teacher by profession who ended up using a bunch of (poorly thought out) leveraged buyouts to make the 2nd biggest telco on the  planet for a bit.  He was the master of the mangled metaphor so no great wonder things fell apart.  That and the industrial scale fraud, of course.  My favorite saying of his was "OK People, let's keep your nose to the grindstone"

Everything else you said aside, isn't that the correct usage of that saying?

What has happened to our “home field” advantage? This used to be a very tough place for opposing teams to come in and pull off a victory. For the last two plus seasons it does not seem like an advantage. Is that on McDermott? Where is the pride of defending our turf? Trying to determine the cause.

4 minutes ago, par73 said:

For the first time this year, I have no positive feelings-- or really any feelings. Just assuming they'll lose.

I'm a realist who many would call a pessimist, but even I haven't gone into a Bills game in about 5 years thinking like this. Now once the game begins, and they show me that they're not looking like Aces, then yes, in the back of my mind I'm thinking "they'll probably choke this one away."

I guess deep, deep down, I really am an optimist, because pre game, I am thinking that JA17 will revert back to his superstar performances, and the Bills win in a blowout, no matter who they're playing.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.