McDermott on Dorsey

Buffalo Barbarian

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Pats game Allen also left the field with the lead and less than 2 minutes left. Then McDermott’s defense gives up a game winning TD drive to Mac Jones, one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

yep couldnt remember the other one  Been a theme all season

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Dorsey called a good game today. I’m tired of letting Josh Allen off the hook. I like the kid but he’s overrated. If you go into a game wondering if Bad Josh or Good Josh is going to show up you have a problem. 

He makes too many damn mistakes and I’m tired of it. No accountability on the sideline. Doesn’t try to get guys going when he’s on the bench. Just sits there with a dazed look on his face. I’m over it. But unfortunately we stuck with him. So Dorsey will take the fall.

Well maybe McD will bench Allen and start the other Allen.

9 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Easy Josh slides at the 1’ line, it’s now on Denver to call a TO. Let them use it.  As it stands Cam Lewis gets injured and they get a free TO. If we failed at the 1’ line we still have 3 TOs to stop Denver. 

If they fail at the one yard line, they give the ball back to Denver to flip field position, at the very least, so instead of having an opportunity to lead by one, the Bills would be at least six down and in their own half of the field with less time remaining.

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I was too young to have watched that super live.....but I watched the highlights every super bowl Sunday for years (along with every super bowl) and was always amazed that little guy was ALWAYS open for 15 yards 

What actually happened and how 

Basically Hardy caught a ball 7 yards short and every linebacker and safety missed or hit him at same time, causing player to stay upright and tackles to be nullified. It was Dan Dierdorf’s wet dream. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Pats game Allen also left the field with the lead and less than 2 minutes left. Then McDermott’s defense gives up a game winning TD drive to Mac Jones, one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Don’t forget the Giants, where only a missed DPI let them off the hook.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, akm0404 said:

My phrasing is fine, your understanding of the situation is not.  But it's fine, take the L and move on.

What are you talking about. The 2 minute warning passed before the TD after the run in first down. The TD happened at 1:55. If Allen were to go down at 2 or whatever Denver would have been forced to either burn a TO or the Bills would have worked the clock down another 30 seconds. 

Peyton Manning literally suggested it live. 

I don’t even agree with the idea from Manning. You take the points where you can get them. 

But that scenario was an option even if it was a bad one. It isn’t a made up one like you keep saying. I don’t even agree with the idea. You take the points where you can get them.  There is no L to be taken by anybody because you stink at using words Not real doesn’t mean disagree. 

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

I haven’t watch his post game but it sounds like He has blamed Every player and coach while not taking responsibility.. Leader 

McDimwit has been doing that for a while now, it's SOP in his post game pressers...

He will throw everyone on the team under the bus if he has to in order to try and preserve his own hide.

This organization has a lot of rebuilding to do and I just don't trust Pegula to come anywhere close to pulling it off...so there we are .

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

I mean I thought we scored too fast too, but I wouldn’t have changed a thing, because you can’t assume you can take 2 additional downs and get a TD on 4th and goal. While that ends up being ideal, it’s way too risky. We aren’t talking about only needing a field goal here. You take the TD when you can get it.

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah. More McDermott code for not playing “complimentary football” which is code for low scoring and running out the clock. Even though he has no idea what clock management actually is. 

Who called the timeouts on Broncos game winning drive we save clock for them.  Who called the blitz that ended with the PI call

It is highly unusual for McD to throw anyone under the bus, coordinator or especially players.  He did that a lot last night.

Seems to me he is a coach that knows he is on thin ice.  Either told so by ownership or Beane, or just knows.

He needs to jettison Dorsey ASAP. His hiring him will be his downfall.  Most people were on board with it based on his relationship with Josh.  If Josh is so fragile, that’s an issue.  Need to kick Dorsey to the curb and put someone in there that will call plays to our strengths.  Need to do this ASAP before this team implodes further.

5 hours ago, akm0404 said:

There is no way that he said that.  Like, it is absolutely something that a complete moron would say so it does make me wonder, but naaaah nobody is that stupid.  Just not possible.

I’m telling you guys, I really think the McD/Daboll rift is McD blaming Daboll for 13 seconds for “scoring too fast.”

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

McD is the king of double speak. His time here is winding down.

I pray to God that Pegula finds the intelligence and strength to look 4 or 5 moves down the chess board, and just gets rid of this regime after this season.  This doesn't have to be a long drawn out multi year process.  We don't have that kind of time with Josh.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I pray to God that Pegula finds the intelligence and strength to look 4 or 5 moves down the chess board, and just gets rid of this regime after this season.  This doesn't have to be a long drawn out multi year process.  We don't have that kind of time with Josh.

Pegula can’t even play checkers and you expect him to be thinking about being 4 or 5 moves ahead with chess?  Not a chance. This will all go down about as badly as we all fear it will. Long, drawn out, too little too late. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mango said:

Peyton Manning said something similar live. Like right when it happened he said “he shouldn’t have scored. He should have gone down in bounds”.

You also conveniently left out the part where I said “force Denver to use one of their time outs.” It’s not just the 30 seconds off the clock, it’s them burning a time out.

I get it, nobody is right all the time. I disagree with all sorts of pundits with real life NFL experience. But when a top 5 QB of all time says in real time, “should have gone down and forced Denver to burn a TO”, it’s certainly not made up.

Burning the timeout does what when you still have two minutes to kick a fg?  They knelt the ball on purpose because they had too much time. It would have ended the same minus a couple kneel downs. At worst they spoke the ball on each fd they made and it still ends the same. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Said he has confidence in him but things could have been better, then brings up scoring too fast when we got down to the endzone.

That tells me he is not happy with Dorsey.

I agree with Mcdermott. We should scored that TD with less than 13 seconds on the clock...

• Haha (+1) 2

F*** him, I'm not happy with him. F*** him so hard. Every decision he made has a head coach in the game was stupid. From breaking his identity and receiving the kick first to the very last play show me he is desperate, lost, or just without hope. F*** that jump, he's such a fraud.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I was too young to have watched that super live.....but I watched the highlights every super bowl Sunday for years (along with every super bowl) and was always amazed that little guy was ALWAYS open for 15 yards 

What actually happened and how 

You can watch the whole game on YouTube 

10 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Pegula can’t even play checkers and you expect him to be thinking about being 4 or 5 moves ahead with chess?  Not a chance. This will all go down about as badly as we all fear it will. Long, drawn out, too little too late. 

We’ve been spoiled that McD and Allen worked out as long as it I did. It’s hidden the fact that Pegula might not understand much about sports, and probably isn’t an owner who makes great decisions. Check out the history of the Sabres if anyone doubts this. 

4 hours ago, Mango said:

What are you talking about. The 2 minute warning passed before the TD after the run in first down. The TD happened at 1:55. If Allen were to go down at 2 or whatever Denver would have been forced to either burn a TO or the Bills would have worked the clock down another 30 seconds. 

Peyton Manning literally suggested it live. 

I don’t even agree with the idea from Manning. You take the points where you can get them. 

But that scenario was an option even if it was a bad one. It isn’t a made up one like you keep saying. I don’t even agree with the idea. You take the points where you can get them.  There is no L to be taken by anybody because you stink at using words Not real doesn’t mean disagree. 

Denver didn’t even need their timeouts lol

• Like (+1) 2

If anything, we didn’t score fast ENOUGH.  We dicked around on the other side of the 2 minute warning.  Had we scored before it, we might have had a better chance to get the ball back in the inevitable event McD’s scheme folded.  I  think Dorsey wanted to go right away and it was McD who made the decision to run the clock down to the warning, then McD got pissed when we scored right away after that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Exactly! Week in and week out this team us unprepared and poorly coached.

one of the things i haven't seen mentioned - last night was a better game for playcalls by dorsey.

the passing game didn't work, the runs under center did a few times (but we didn't play under center a lot).

dorsey wasn't the biggest problem last night.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, BRH said:

If anything, we didn’t score fast ENOUGH.  We dicked around on the other side of the 2 minute warning.  Had we scored before it, we might have had a better chance to get the ball back in the inevitable event McD’s scheme folded.  I  think Dorsey wanted to go right away and it was McD who made the decision to run the clock down to the warning, then McD got pissed when we scored right away after that. 

This.  When we got the ball (4 or 5 mins?) You have to commit.  Either play the clock and try to leave as much as possible, or work a 4 minute offense where you don't leave enough time for the other team.  The runs weren't Dorsey adjusting to Den, they were him trying to go slow.  

Pretty sure our odds of winning actually went down on the scoring play, not up.  There is no perfect answer in this, but it is an(other) example of Dorsey not understanding when to use what plays.  All we needed was 2-3 more plays and we won the game.  We have running plays that don't average 13 yards per run.  We should have mixed in a few of those and used that excellent running game earlier when it made sense.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Said he has confidence in him but things could have been better, then brings up scoring too fast when we got down to the endzone.

That tells me he is not happy with Dorsey.

Scoring too fast??

Yeah, that’s because it forced Sean to have to coach his defense for 2 mins, which clearly he couldn’t do.

46 minutes ago, boyst said:

one of the things i haven't seen mentioned - last night was a better game for playcalls by dorsey.

the passing game didn't work, the runs under center did a few times (but we didn't play under center a lot).

dorsey wasn't the biggest problem last night.

True but it also somehow felt like they went away from the run too often.  Seemed like they could’ve run the ball 48 times and won easily or at least waited until it forced Denver to totally load the box.

But whatever.  This is a poorly-coached team in complete free fall and the only thing preventing change at this point is Pegula’s own laziness.

They BOTH need to be fired, but the question I am wondering is how much of the offensive woes are actually Dorsey vs. McD?  Is it possible the McD is telling Dorsey what to call?  IDK, but I can’t rule out the control freak McD (who never takes responsibility) is telling Dorsey what to do each play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.