Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That loser is standing at the podium throwing his players under the bus. Blaming Cook of all people, blaming Josh, blaming special teams coverage. Blaming execution for the 12 men on the field. I can't believe what I'm hearing.

Should do wonders for the locker room.

It looks like they already are tuning him out

• Like (+1) 1

That loser is standing at the podium throwing his players under the bus. Blaming Cook of all people, blaming Josh, blaming special teams coverage. Blaming execution on the 12 men on the field. I can't believe what I'm hearing.

If that's the case,  he needs to be fired tomorrow morning.   I had suspected he'd lost the team and that's why they look like they don't give a F,  but that would explain it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Josh’s turnover rate is way up this year.  Which is odd with the shorter passes.   Maybe it is sample size but I was hoping for a decrease.  

i didnt think he was a huge int guy untill the last year with daboll and that bad elbow and Daboll calling bombs every single down.   but since its

became a thing. I'm really not sure why.    I would say that since Daboll left that hammering fundamentals down josh's throat have ceased to exist.   

I think thats where the regression is coming from.

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

Granted McDermott can’t control Josh throwing picking or the guys putting the ball on the ground but still he needs to be gone…. He’s run his course here… it’s time to move on

Josh and most of the team did not look ready to play out there. You can say "he can't control that" but it's his job to prepare them to play and have the team in the right headspace.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Bimmer323i said:

Granted McDermott can’t control Josh throwing picking or the guys putting the ball on the ground but still he needs to be gone…. He’s run his course here… it’s time to move on

allen threw one bad pass.  My god one play.

add up all the other guys who made one bad play tonight.  I mean through all 0f it if you don't get a 12 man penalty u win.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

I feel really weird. 

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest.  The Bills problem is clear as day to me and its the head coach.  We all knew deep down in our hearts after "13 seconds" that McD was fatally flawed as a head coach but we kept hoping.  Now if Pegula wants to stay with McD & Bean hey it's your team but I'm done.  Another year of McD will ruin Allen. Another year of Bean prioritizing the defense over the offense will ruin the franchise. 

If the Bills are going to reopen that SB window they need to part ways with McD/Bean after this season.  Five years ago with a special, elite QB in place they chose to go all in on the defense and not surround their young super star QB with the best offensive talent available. That decision was a massive strategic mistake.  Throw in repeated tactical mistakes by McD and his coaching staff and the Buffalo Bills are now an average team going downhill fast.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

He just threw Sam Martin under the bus too! Talking crap about all his players one after the other. This is genuinely an unhinged press conference.

McD overcompensates with all his resolute monk focus stuff because at his core he’s panicky and nervous.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

He's saying it's the players not making plays

Wow...

This is nuts! I hope he gets torn apart by the national media tomorrow. Asked about 12 men on the field and he says "we practiced that substitution this week and didn't execute." I mean holy crap!

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my chest.  The Bills problem is clear as day to me and its the head coach.  We all knew deep down in our hearts after "13 seconds" that McD was fatally flawed as a head coach but we kept hoping.  Now if Pegula wants to stay with McD & Bean hey it's your team but I'm done.  Another year of McD will ruin Allen. Another year of Bean prioritizing the defense over the offense will ruin the franchise. 

If the Bills are going to reopen that SB window they need to part ways with McD/Bean after this season.  Five years ago with a special, elite QB in place they chose to go all in on the defense and not surround their young super star QB with the best offensive talent available. That decision was a massive strategic mistake.  Throw in repeated tactical mistakes by McD and his coaching staff and the Buffalo Bills are now an average team going downhill fast.

I really didn’t agree until tonight. I can’t watch this coach anymore. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

allen threw one bad pass.  My god one play.

add up all the other guys who made one bad play tonight.  I mean through all 0f it if you don't get a 12 man penalty u win.  

Allen had two bad passes. The pick at the end of the half (which was a brain dead play design), and overthrowing Shakir on a third down scramble. He also did drop the fumble on the handoff to Cook.

All in all he didn’t have a great game, but the whole team played like trash. Which points to coaching IMO.

He just threw Sam Martin under the bus too! Talking crap about all his players one after the other. This is genuinely an unhinged press conference.

Then he has officially lost the team

The wheels have fallen off, and it's time for McD to face his failure 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Cook fumbles...3 points Denver...difference in the game.

Gabe Davis lets a ball go through his hands for an INT deep in Denver territory...3 or 7 points...difference in the game.

Josh Allen throws a stupid pass before the half ends. Denver scores 3....difference in the game.

Josh can't hand the ball off to Cook and drops it when the Bills seem to  be gaining momentum....possible points off the board. possible difference in the game.

Taron Johnson doesn't turn around....difference in the game.

Bills have for some damned unknown reason (coaching) 12 men on the field and Denver misses a FG and we should have won...difference in the game.

Today was just a mess.  This season has turned into a mess since Tre went down.  Next we lose Milano and Daquon...followed by weekly losses of key players on defense.  The defense is too wounded.  Offensively Dorsey's inconsistent play calling has led to further mistakes on the offense.  Josh presses and it's more of the same.  Our punter keeps gifting the other team with good field position.  McD can't focus on game management and the D all game.

I could attribute everything to the Madden curse.  But this team has been cursed long before Madden.

At this juncture, barring an exorcism, this season is over.  It is not good enough in its present state to compete...even if it made the playoffs.

So I will watch the NFL.  I will cheer for the Bills with no expectations.  I will cheer against certain teams that I have come to abhor over time.  And I will not take the sport so seriously.  

And post season...let the chips fall where they may.

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

A group of us said this after 13 seconds and the people in denial, a large part of this fanbase, have irrationally defended McD for years now. And most of the time been pretty condescending and rude about it too to anyone who had this exact thing to say about McD. 

Because it wasn't just 13 seconds, that was the culmination. The guy is the biggest choker and the most unprepared head coach in the league. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.