11/13/23 Week #10 MNF GAMEDAY Bills vs Broncos Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

4 minutes ago, Logic said:

All the Bills need to do is go out and kick ass tonight. 

Not a "take it down to the wire" win, not a "take 5 years off the life of Bills fans" win, not a "play down to the level of our opponents" win. 

I like it.  However, with like 2/3rds of our starting defense out, I just don’t see it.

I'm hopeful.  McDermott is a fighter, and his team will fight.

Its a long season, and we're getting into the stretch that really matters.

Dotson and Williams have to step up.  (I'm out of touch - is Bernard playing?)  Offensive line has to step up, too.  

The season isn't over, not by a long shot.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Why does it seem like half the people here are hoping for a loss so they can enjoy their misery in full throat?  

With my soccer team, there was a saying "It's the hope that gets you". As a fanbase, we still have hope. The Bills can still make the play offs. They still have the potential to run hot. The hope is there, even if it hasn't been seen on the field. A defeat tonight will mean, as a fanbase, we can probably look forward to 2024 rather than focus on 2023. In all liklihood, time will be up for this year. The hope will be all but extinguished. Perhaps it will be the perfect time for a new start.

I can understand why, to some, that looks attractive compared to a death of a thousand cuts where the Bills limp on, prolonging the agony until they find the likes of the Eagles, Chiefs, Cowboys, Chargers and Dolphins too much to handle.

Of course, the perfect result would be they find form, only lose one or two games across the rest of the season and secure the most unlikely of Super Bowls win.

• Like (+1) 1

When we win tonight we will be 6-4. The Phins are currently 1st in the AFC East at 6-3. Do we jump to 1st in AFC East with a win tonight or the do the Phins keep it as they only have 3 losses, we have 4? I assume we are still a wildcard when we win tonight.

But we beat them head-to-head so????

29 minutes ago, Dan said:

Why does it seem like half the people here are hoping for a loss so they can enjoy their misery in full throat?  

I kind of get it. If the Bills lose tonight, I can really emotionally let go and get on with other things for the rest of this season. A win and they still have me hooked (with a decent chance of disappointment down the line).

Edited by DapperCam

3 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

When we win tonight we will be 6-4. The Phins are currently 1st in the AFC East at 6-3. Do we jump to 1st in AFC East with a win tonight or the do the Phins keep it as they only have 3 losses, we have 4? I assume we are still a wildcard when we win tonight.

What is better. 6-4 or 6-3?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Phins keep it.  Head on we are still in the race if we win, they will need to get beat by the Jets

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I like it.  However, with like 2/3rds of our starting defense out, I just don’t see it.

Now is not the time for logic and for reasoned analysis, my friend.

Now is the time for pounding on lockers and crushing beer cans against one's cranium and shouting cliches and listening to pump-up songs and saying "LET'S F'N GOOOO" way too loudly to people who were just innocently walking by.

IT'S GAME DAY, MOTHERFU*KER!!!

(just kidding, do whatever you want, it's your life).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Which record do you think is better: 6-3 or 6-4?

• Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Dillenger4 said:

6-3 is a better record than 6-4 and there are 2 non division leaders at 6-3...

Edited by nucci

I'm so freaking nervous, I wish I drank!

I really hope they have figured it out and come out guns blazing tonight.

Does anyone wonder if they overcorrect too much? For example, Josh running the ball. He either is perceived to be doing it too much and risking injury or he doesn't run at all. I feel like they can't find a middle ground. He doesn't look like he's even having fun. None of them really do.

1 minute ago, crappyjazz said:

Does anyone wonder if they overcorrect too much? For example, Josh running the ball. He either is perceived to be doing it too much and risking injury or he doesn't run at all. I feel like they can't find a middle ground. He doesn't look like he's even having fun. None of them really do.

Diggs dancing with beers didn’t look like fun? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, crappyjazz said:

I think everyone is way too cut and dry, it's either this or that but in reality it's a gray area and you need to sometimes do both

Regarding your fun comment, have you read Tyler dunes article a while back on the after math of 13 seconds?

In my opinion the coaching staff lost the locker room after that game and you won't be seeing a team have fun until there are changes 

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I think everyone is way too cut and dry, it's either this or that but in reality it's a gray area and you need to sometimes do both

Regarding your fun comment, have you read Tyler dunes article a while back on the after math of 13 seconds?

In my opinion the coaching staff lost the locker room after that game and you won't be seeing a team have fun until there are changes 

Yep

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I haven't read it but I will check it out. thanks.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.