11/13/23 Week #10 MNF GAMEDAY Bills vs Broncos Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Yet ANOTHER prime time national television audience is on tap for tonight! I fear the nation is weary of us now -especially the way we’re playing.. But with Jax, Cincy & Baltimore all surprisingly losers yesterday, the entire AFC is now certainly up for grabs. Injuries be damned, the playoffs are attainable for us! - if we can finally break out of this collective funk! The AFC North Division has Cincy in the cellar at 5-4 😳 while the Chiefs look to have locked up the West already.. 10 games in and only the Pats*, Titans and possibly Denver can expect to miss the playoffs. Especially so, IF we step up and take advantage tonight! Denver have 8 players on IR, but still can bring pressure and Wilson has a couple decent WRs.

Russ is playing better -but he had too. It’s stunning how far he’s fallen since the Legion of Doom days in Seattle. Recently, his penchant is to throw to his Backs. So we have to be all over this. 

The Bills also have a bunch of question marks -still! Frankly, poor play design and overall coaching has been highly questionable. Well, that and more Defensive starters will be missing tonight. BAD coaching took last weeks game from ‘in the bag’ to high anxiety on a last play Hail Mary. That’s simply unacceptable.  We’re not good enough right now to take the foot off the accelerator! We’ve shown we can run up tempo well -but Dorsey oddly didn’t go to it last week and Sean’s in-game decision making hasn’t improved since he was hired in ‘97.. 2 more Defensive starters will be out tonight as CB Bernard is sidelined with a concussion and ‘Nurse McDermott’ wrote another of his weekly ‘pass’ for Micah Hyde. Of course he’ll be back next week..🤦‍♂️. Newbies Rasul Douglas & Linval Joseph played well enough at Cincy for being on the team just a couple days and will see even more game action tonight. We signed 2 more street FAs this week as our starters continue to fall. The bright spot? Josh Allen is quietly having a great season, while also being susceptible to the same funk the rest of the team and staff are caught in.. Actually, it’s the same funk we fell into late last year and we still haven’t snapped out of it. (Terry, are you listening??) Our OL has been getting exposed recently and we simply don’t have a #2 WR. Now Stefon Diggs missed a practice this week -but is expected to play tonight. Kincaid and Shakir have been bright spots, though Davis was completely invisible yet again last week 🙄.  Playoff Lenny may get activated and we could certainly benefit from a Back who can catch, block and run with power. 

In spite of our lackluster play and crippling injuries, It’s all ahead for us! We just have to WANT IT!  

McDermott and Dorsey have to demand it and Coach like their jobs are on the line.

They just might be..

Temps are expected to be in the low 40’s and dropping into the 30’s through the game.

Joe Marino chimes in

GO BILLS!

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Josh Allen needs to have a “Josh Allen game”!!

No sleepwalking through this game.....the O has to carry the Bills to a win tonight!!

Agreed. We need offense!

What might open things up for Josh?

Give the RBs 20-30 legit carries with a head of steam (not that shotgun sprint draw crap). Look how Singletary thrived yesterday for Houston. They gave him 30 carries. And for the Bills, if worst comes to worst, if you run twice and get stuffed... we have Josh Allen!  The guy converts like 75% 3rd and 10 plays. 

Dorsey tends to run a play or a formation once or twice and whether it works or not, he abandons it. He always seems in a rush to get back to the shotgun spread. Make a balanced plan. Stick with it!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Happy Game Day, TBD! I hope you have a productive day at work--yes, you do have to go to work and try not to rob your employer too much today. And let's hope the Bills players don't steal from the Pegulas (and us) with an unfocused effort tonight. At least we have a legitimate excuse--being in game prep mode and all. And speaking of oddball game times--this is what, the 3rd week in a row we are in prime time, and several more to come--if we don't win these next two, no problem, we'll be back to all 1:00 PM on Sunday afternoon starting next year—enough negativity. Just win tonight, boys, just win!

LET'S GO BUFFALO !!!

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CSBill said:

this is what, the 3rd week in a row we are in prime time, and several more to come--if we don't win these next two, no problem, we'll be back to all 1:00 PM on Sunday afternoon starts next year

I would love that. Here in Germany 1pm = 7pm start. Whereas tonight I gotta set my alarm for the 2:15am gametime. 

Sometimes I wonder if football fanship is good for my health.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

I want to see the Bills have fun tonight.  They haven't looked like they have had fun in a game since Miami.

Agreed.  Let's see if Dorsey and McD can get outside themselves and realize this is supposed to be entertainment, not a funeral dirge

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.