Harbaugh to Bills (Would it work?)

M. Wrotto

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I definitely think there will be significant changes this offseason to the roster. Do you trust Beane to make the right moves. He also has to share in the blame with McDermott in this team not getting over the hump and at least getting to or winning a Super Bowl. I look at the Ravens roster and I am jealous. That is what a Super Bowl contending roster looks like. Strong at the LOS on both sides of the ball. Top notch defense all around. Can run the ball down your throat. Can play action pass or run/pass option with Lamar and do it very well. Lamar doesn't get the credit that Mahomes, Allen and Burrow do but he is also a very good passer. Unless injuries play a factor, I think we are looking at a Ravens-Eagles Super Bowl.

I’ve been very critical of Beane even though I really liked his off-season as a whole.  To me, this defense would be humming if we didn’t have the devastating injuries.  Also it’s pretty clear that Groot’s foot injury is really impacting his play.  That side of the ball is a mash unit. 
Beane’s biggest problem is  drafting way too many developmental guys and playing them early. Spencer Brown, Cook, Williams, AJ all were over drafted and thrust into action before they were ready. Then we wait around for years to develop but the growing pains don’t outweigh the eventual production.  I still AJ and Cook are incredibly limited. Brown has turned into a serviceable RT after years of terrible play. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

We should offer Harbaugh 18 mil a year and have him hand pick a staff. What we have was nice 5 years ago, now we are barely treading water.

Would be a grand slam hire.

Proven winner. Would address offensive line once and for all.

Build a bully in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

My #1 target for HC. Think he would jump now with all the allegations out of Michigan.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, McBean said:

Would be a grand slam hire.

Proven winner. Would address offensive line once and for all.

Build a bully in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

My #1 target for HC. Think he would jump now with all the allegations out of Michigan.

You make it sound like he would be hired to be the GM.  

12 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

One way to think about Harbaugh is that he’s a guy who got Colin Kaepernick to a Super Bowl. 

Another way to think about him is that he’s a guy who lost to Joe Flacco in a Super Bowl 😵

Jim Harbaugh’s coaching at the end of the SB lost them that game. His team should have won. Stupid play calling to keep passing instead of running it in. Ngata was gassed and out of the game. I was dumbfounded by Harbs putting the championship in Kaps hands rather than Gore’s. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'd fire McDermott today if I knew we could get Harbaugh!

McDermott is done, locker room is pretty much tilting against this joke.  It's not a matter of if, it's just a matter of time now.

Edited by Negan

Well if he is a fix it guy we’re definitely broken.  

Personally I’d rather go after Johnson, a young offensive minded coach, get a new DC and start over.

How many wash rinse repeats to get the soap out.  McD has reached his ceiling, times ticking with Josh.  I’d love to see him with someone that’s a bit creative and more up to date on how the game is played today.

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, he’s a d bag but all the guy does is win. But I would never pay a coach that much when you have a franchise qb. I also don’t know if his offense is the right fit for Allen and could see them butting heads. 

but he will win where we he goes and get paid a lot of money while Michigan and the next players get screwed.

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I’d do it. McDermott just doesn’t cut it as a HC. He got lucky drafting Josh Allen and having Daboll as a OC. Time for a change. 

Speaking of Daboll I wonder if he will remain the Giants HC. With Jones done for the year and Taylor out for a while they have no QB. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose out and go 2-15. I would expect the Giants will be drafting a QB in the first round. I don't think Jones will be the long-term answer for them.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Speaking of Daboll I wonder if he will remain the Giants HC. With Jones done for the year and Taylor out for a while they have no QB. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose out and go 2-15. I would expect the Giants will be drafting a QB in the first round. I don't think Jones will be the long-term answer for them.

Best case scenario for the Giants and Dabs is losing enough games to get a FQB. Dabs is definitely a guy you want developing one from day 1. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I can’t see them winning another game, but it is the NFL. I hope they end up with the first pick in the draft and get Caleb Williams. Daboll will have a lethal offense with Williams and Barkley. 

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

I can’t see them winning another game, but it is the NFL. I hope they end up with the first pick in the draft and get Caleb Williams. Daboll will have a lethal offense with Williams and Barkley. 

Schoen still has to fix their OL. I know it's early, but the Neal pick is looking like a bust.

• Agree 1

My ideal next HC would be an offensive mind and would have a strong personality, a disciplinarian. Harbaugh seems to fit those traits well, but I don’t like him for the Buffalo job. Who else shares those same qualities? 

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Schoen still has to fix their OL. I know it's early, but the Neal pick is looking like a bust.

Neal looks awful. Will be hard to fix him. If the Giants are lucky enough to get Caleb Williams their number priority is to draft and sign FA Olinemen. Spend majority of draft picks and $$$ on OL. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mango said:

Curious why all the downvotes. At the surface, this seems like low hanging fruit to say yes. 

But why do many no?

Harbaugh has a bit of maniac in him. That might work in college better than the NFL.  Go back & read the stories how he & SF management parted ways.  It was by mutual agreement because he reached an expiration date quickly. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, boater said:

Thank God T-Pegs runs the team and not fans.

We'd be on our 3rd coach for the season. 

16 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

if ya aint cheating, ya aint trying. charachter gets you 7-9 (see: Levy, Marv. Jauron, Dick) Gimme absolute thugs that bite, scratch, claw, and steal. 

You confused cheating with actual competence.  Does Andy Reid cheat? 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, M. Wrotto said:

We should offer Harbaugh 18 mil a year and have him hand pick a staff. What we have was nice 5 years ago, now we are barely treading water.

Jim? Are you familiar with Jim Harbaugh and his coaching philosophy?

I want no part of Harbaugh... And I'm a massive Michigan fan... No thank you...

• Agree 1

Whether Michigan keeps him around after this season or not, I think Harbaugh will be radioactive for other coaching jobs for some time between his personality and his opinion that rules are mere suggestions.  I think Harbaugh's college coaching career is all but over.  NFL, maybe, but it's likely the Bears.  

Nobody likes a dirty coach.  Those kinds of coaches usually make law firms rich.  

Just now, dpberr said:

Whether Michigan keeps him around after this season or not, I think Harbaugh will be radioactive for other coaching jobs for some time between his personality and his opinion that rules are mere suggestions.  I think Harbaugh's college coaching career is all but over.  NFL, maybe, but it's likely the Bears.  

Nobody likes a dirty coach.  Those kinds of coaches usually make law firms rich.  

Chicago is a good one. Could also see the Raiders. But agreed, that's about it.

Harbaugh is interesting.  Maybe he can come in with enough vigor to will the Bills to a championship in the first few years.  He has a fairly quick shelf life it seems.  

It is a non-fit though.  He is pretty much the opposite of who Terry Pegula wants working underneath him.  

I would kill for John Harbaugh to come in though.  He is highly rated, but I think he is the most under-appreciated NFL coach.  

16 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

$18 million a year huh? I’m sure Terry would totally do that.

I wouldn’t want him for free. Seriously, I just don’t like the guy. I wish Jim Schwartz had punched him in the face after Harbaugh smacked him on the back from behind following a game. 

Unless I got a piece of the action somehow, of course. I can be persuaded by cash.    😋

16 hours ago, Mango said:

Curious why all the downvotes. At the surface, this seems like low hanging fruit to say yes. 

But why do many no?

For me, it comes down to one thing…

His style can rub some people the wrong way and lose a team very quick. Especially if the success that’s expected isn’t met or he chooses a different avenue of life he wants; heart isn’t in it. 

There was a reason they gave Jim Tomsula, a beloved players coach, the job after he went to Michigan. 

Edited by BBFL
  • Like (+1) 1

How about the OL coach for the New Orleans Saints? https://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/coaches-roster/doug-marrone

On a serious note, how about the young OC in Houston? He's analytics-driven and worked under Shanahan. He even spent time as a PFF analyst. He's the exact type of young offensive mind that people here pine for: https://www.houstontexans.com/team/coaches-roster/bobby-slowik

• Haha (+1) 1

I hear Belichick is available :P

I'd be stoked with Harbaugh tho. Those 49ers teams were resilient & found ways to win. Played true complimentary football. Seemed he gets the most out of his players. I'd prefer a coach like him to another unproven. Too much is on the line to try rookie coordinators & coaches imho

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.