Broncos Have Won 2 in a Row & Jets 3 — These Next 2 Home Games May NOT be Our “Get Right” Time

HIT BY SPIKES

I must confess that at the end of September I had these next two games permanently inked as Ws.

Now they don’t look as easy and then we play @ 7-2 Eagles, BYE and @ 7-2 Chiefs.

Bills Brethren I may have lost my faith.

Please preach to me the Good News of Bills.

Thoughts & Prayers

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Really in all likelihood the season is over. 

The truth is, the Bills are probably down one more than loss than expected. I think many of us thought a Rodgers-led Jets could win in week one. London was always going to be a potential headache. Did many of us predict a win at the Bengals? I didn't.

Week one stinks because the Bills had the chance to get ahead of the mark when Rodgers went down and Josh messed it up. Then came the defeat at Foxborough, which is the big issue. At the start of the season most would have expected the Bills to be 6-3 now at worst, I imagine - maybe 5-4 if they feared a home defeat to the Dolphins.

To make it up, there needs to be a surprise result somewhere, without throwing away - figuratively and literally - games they should win. They tend to play the Chiefs and Dolphins hard. Maybe it will happen again?

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

I must confess that at the end of September I had these next two games permanently inked as Ws.

Now they don’t look as easy and then we play @ 7-2 Eagles, BYE and @ 7-2 Chiefs.

Thoughts & Prayers

After the Broncos the only “Easy” game the Bills have on their schedule is the Patriots.

Jets - Tough D

Eagles,Chiefs, Dallas are elite teams.

Chargers — have a very good O and the Bills have not scored more than 25 since week 4.

Patriots - should be an easy layup in Buffalo.

Dolphins — another elite O, but are pretenders IMO. But a division game that could mean the winner is in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The truth is, the Bills are probably down one more than loss than expected. I think many of us thought a Rodgers-led Jets could win in week one. London was always going to be a potential headache. Did many of us predict a win at the Bengals? I didn't.

Week one stinks because the Bills had the chance to get ahead of the mark when Rodgers went down and Josh messed it up. Then came the defeat at Foxborough, which is the big issue. At the start of the season most would have expected the Bills to be 6-3 now at worst, I imagine - maybe 5-4 if they feared a home defeat to the Dolphins.

To make it up, there needs to be a surprise result somewhere, without throwing away - figuratively and literally - games they should win. They tend to play the Chiefs and Dolphins hard. Maybe it will happen again?

I can agree with this. I think it's going to take the coaching to be willing to make changes in philosophy. I also think that injuries have hit this team perhaps even harder than last year in terms of impact on scheme. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Thoughts & Prayers

8-1 Eagles.

Denver played very well vs. the Chiefs.  Their O and D both played well against them.  

They've had two weeks to prepare for us.  We don't seem to prepare, so it should be an interesting game.  

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I think it's going to take the coaching to be willing to make changes in philosophy.

You really think that after 7 seasons McD's going to change philosophies?  

The one he brought with him hasn't worked out effectively.  

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Patriots - should be an easy layup in Buffalo.

Should have been an easy layup in Foxboro too. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Thoughts & Prayers

Bills are opening as 7.5 point favorites.  How's that :)

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Denver played very well vs. the Chiefs.  Their O and D both played well against them.  

They've had two weeks to prepare for us.  We don't seem to prepare, so it should be an interesting game.  

I will be on my death bed reliving all my great memories. Then i will remember in 2023, the bills lost to Mac and Zack and then die. 😞

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I will be on my death bed reliving all my great memories. Then i will remember in 2023, the bills lost to Mac and Zack and then die. 😞

I wouldn't bet on us going 2-0 in our two home games against them either.  

Just have to look at it if bills make the playoffs they will have to earn it. Season is not over.They can’t lose to anyone who they should beat (broncos, jets, patriots) it hurts that 2 losses are from that group. They will have to win some games against contending teams (chiefs, eagles, cowboys  Miami again) won’t be easy but if this is a contending team they absolutely can still make playoffs, if they don’t get in with 7 seeds, don’t deserve it and no shot 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

No actually I don't.  

Edited by Goin Breakdown
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Thoughts & Prayers

We have already lost to some of the weakest opponents on our schedule.  There are no automatic Ws on the schedule.  

Thoughts & Prayers

Have you been watching what's been going on this season in the entire league?

Anything can happen! It is truly a week-by-week league. Do the Eagles & Chiefs really scare anybody? They can be beaten.

Yes, last night's game really pissed me off. Yet we are only halfway through the season. I'm not giving up with that much time left.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Can some you just simply lie to me in a positive Bills have a bright future kinda way?

Just white lies.

Damn!!

no lie needed. The season is not over.  I believe and if you do too that the division is won with 10 wins and I do not believe the Jets can get to 10 then...

The next two home games are critical.  If they win them both it sets up a situation for them where they need to win one of the Dallas_Philly_KC trio of games and then beat the pats at home and win at the chargers.   That gets them 10 wins.  I think this would make the dolphins game irrelevant.  however if they lose all the dallas_Philly_kc games then they would need to win the final game at Miami.  

miami has a tough five game stretch to finish.  They are playing a tough physical titans team, the jets, Dallas, Baltimore and then Buffalo.   

Nothing has been decided yet.  I think the bills are going to be a little more physical team when joseph, douglas and fournette become regular contributors.   There is a long way to go.  

I do believe they have to find a way to run the ball however or they are not going to win the next two games at home.  

Denver is going to be a tight game because they can run inside and they will stay with it when it is not working.  The flip side of that is buffalo stops that and makes them rely on wilson he will not make enough plays it seems.

the key to each of these next two games is to get a lead and then force the jets and broncos to have to honor the run and not just sit and take away the middle of the field and the quick stuff.

all the people who are giving up are baffling to me, the people blaming Allen are not worth discussing football with.  Just because its not as pretty or as good right now as the previous seasons does not mean it can not change.  The bengals are going to beat a lot of teams going forward

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Thoughts & Prayers

KC and Philly are so overrated and beatable but we'll see when we get there. 

These next 2 vs inferior talented teams , at home, are must wins though and take it from there. Things will look alot different sitting at 7-4 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

no lie needed. The season is not over.  I believe and if you do too that the division is won with 10 wins and I do not believe the Jets can get to 10 then...

The next two home games are critical.  If they win them both it sets up a situation for them where they need to win one of the Dallas_Philly_KC trio of games and then beat the pats at home and win at the chargers.   That gets them 10 wins.  I think this would make the dolphins game irrelevant.  however if they lose all the dallas_Philly_kc games then they would need to win the final game at Miami.  

miami has a tough five game stretch to finish.  They are playing a tough physical titans team, the jets, Dallas, Baltimore and then Buffalo.   

Nothing has been decided yet.  I think the bills are going to be a little more physical team when joseph, douglas and fournette become regular contributors.   There is a long way to go.  

I do believe they have to find a way to run the ball however or they are not going to win the next two games at home.  

Denver is going to be a tight game because they can run inside and they will stay with it when it is not working.  The flip side of that is buffalo stops that and makes them rely on wilson he will not make enough plays it seems.

the key to each of these next two games is to get a lead and then force the jets and broncos to have to honor the run and not just sit and take away the middle of the field and the quick stuff.

all the people who are giving up are baffling to me, the people blaming Allen are not worth discussing football with.  Just because its not as pretty or as good right now as the previous seasons does not mean it can not change.  The bengals are going to beat a lot of teams going forward

I'll be ready for this take tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

If we lose to the Jets or Broncos at this point in the season with everything on the line then this team has business being in the conversation. They may as well start changes now to get more time to evaluate. Fire Dorsey at a minimum and see if an in house guy can do better. Then see who is available in the offseason vs what you have in house. Can Josh McDaniels do better than Dorsey? Or go nuclear and do what the Raiders just did.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.