Around the NFL Week 9

EmotionallyUnstable

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

I learned that bad Giants games beating out better matchups were the norm while growing up in that area. 

I’m afraid so. But it seems to me, if I remember correctly, a couple of years ago they chose a Fox game with the Bills instead of a meaningless Giants game. 

Just now, Mojo44 said:

I’m afraid so. But it seems to me, if I remember correctly, a couple of years ago they chose a Fox game with the Bills instead of a meaningless Giants game. 

That’s what made me nervous in that area. Times when Giants games went head to head with Bills games. They used to almost always pick the Giants game, but that seems to have gotten better. I think the Syracuse area picked up more Bills fans with their recent success. The 00’s were full of bandwagon Giants fans in CNY. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Reich picked the wrong QB. Same as it ever was.

Young CB an be good he just needs time IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Cowboys are the NFC version of the Dolphins

I think the Dolphins copied the formula from the Cowboys.. different is the Cowboys D is good. 

11 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Looking forward to Stroud repeating this in Cincinnati next week.

Stroud started off pretty hot and the last few games he hadn't played that well. Today he was fantastic. 

He's young and will have some inconsistent play. The Texan fans have to feel encouraged because overall he looks the part. 

The Cinci game certainly will test him. Pretty sure Lou A is going to throw the kitchen sink at him. Hopefully, Josh and the Bills give give him a winning formula to beat them. 

So far I have learned this week that a defense can get a roughing the passer for a routine sack (commanders/patriots game), but an offense can regularly get a away with an illegal wedge block where an entire offense line is off-sides because the play has a cutesy nickname.  

Welcome to NFL 2023. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

They keep losing they'll be in range.

Great point, then it’s just the question if that QB produces quickly enough to save Daboll’s job. My greatest worry with the Giants would be the team around the QB. They need a lot of new players to support a QB, there isn’t much too work with for a young QB. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Great point, then it’s just the question if that QB produces quickly enough to save Daboll’s job. My greatest worry with the Giants would be the team around the QB. They need a lot of new players to support a QB, there isn’t much too work with for a young QB. 

I think the Giants have a lot that is wrong both coaching and personnel. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

He is shredding the Tampa Bay defense. Wondering if that diminishes Allen's efforts last week. That Tampa Bay defense looks bad. 

I think it’s a little of both.....but a rookie record 470 yards passing and a game winning drive with 33 seconds left points to the fact that he might be the real deal.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

Danny Dimes Down

I have to imagine he’s done for the year. The original injury was non-contact. Now he can’t even drop back on it. 

Feel for the guy. But that team is a disaster all over. Enjoy the rest dude. Anybody behind center will only build bad credit. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

They get the Cowboys Bills 49ers and Seahawks at home and only the Chefs on the road that’s ridiculous 

Do you not understand how divisional games work.  Of the three non-divison games, one is away two are home.  A 3 game count can't be split closer than 2-1. 

Edited by Chaos

Carolina appears to have blundered the draft bigly. 

4 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes the cowboys and eagles play in the same division twice a year something they’ve done since the 1970s. 

You seem to be bitching that the Eagles shouldn't get a home game against the Cowboys. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.