Rasul Douglas to Bills - per Rap

SCBills

20 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Somewhat of a throwaway comment (not totally relevant) here that I can't exactly trust bc of my age at the time, but haven't we had 2 players do this with some success in both Aaron Williams and George Wilson? Williams for sure was a solid player and CB, Wilson was a LB who's success I remember much less of the 2

Wilson was a.WR who converted to safety, if memory serves.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed he was done the moment he got hit with that injury. Bummer.

It still likely is job 1 even with this addition. I dont see any needs on Offense as glaring as the needs at CB and DT on Defense.

We’ll see what they do with Gabe and/or a surprise Mitch Morse cut, but outside of those two.. the rest of the Offense is coming back.  

-Allen

-Diggs, Harty, Shakir, Shorter

-Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark

-McGovern, Torrence, Anderson

-Morse, Bates

-Cook

-Kincaid, Knox

If we let Gabe walk, I’d hope our RD1 pick is WR, but it’s likely going to be a heavy defensive draft at DL, S & CB. 

Cut Tre for 6M & extend Douglas at least gives us Douglas, Benford & Elam.  No need to reach for CB, imo.  DL is going to have to be addressed in a big way, without much foreseeable cap to do so.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Have you read the board and people on Twitter? His time as a Bill is done to a ton of people here

He very well may be done. It certainly is a possibility, especially with his contract but I can’t imagine any fan of this team not pulling for him.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

He very well may be done. It certainly is a possibility, especially with his contract but I can’t imagine any fan of this team not pulling for him.

He very well could be. But most people are talking like it's a certainty without seeing how it plays out and to me it's ignorant. I guarantee you, the Bills wanna play this out and he will be here for training camp which is the right way to go

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, BRH said:

Packers realize they got fleeced and trading a guy who's "almost 30" sounds better than trading a guy who just turned 28.

again My apologies for not having read the whole thread and perdon if this was already posted.

Could the Bills strike Twice with impact secondary free agent signings from the Packers. Micah Hyde anybody?

wouldn't that be SWEET is Mr Douglas carries on that tradition

WELCOME TO BUFFALO!!!!! You will soon know OUR rabid fan base. I've always respected Green Bay for their fandom and actually owning their team

I hope you stack stats amigo BRING IT

GO BILLS

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

White probably wasn’t coming back to the Bills after the Achilles regardless of them acquiring Douglas. It would have been job 1 for Beane in the draft or FA. It’s too bad , but not a ton of track record for CBs coming back from those . 

Yeah, I thought the same thing, this just seems like the nail in the coffin so to speak.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed he was done the moment he got hit with that injury. Bummer.

It still likely is job 1 even with this addition. I dont see any needs on Offense as glaring as the needs at CB and DT on Defense.

DT is a huge need, but more the 1 tech so it doesn’t have to be a top pick to get that.  CB isn’t THAT bad if Douglas works out . Safety is a major concern.  I am interested to see how they address the S spot, I could see a complete reset or possibly bringing Hyde back on a deal like Po got this year.  I think Poyer is gone, he looks pretty mediocre out there.  

As bad as Johnson is getting beat on inside leverage this season, I kinda wonder if they wouldn’t flip him to S w Hyde and look for a better slot CB, might kill 2 birds with one stone.  

I thought maybe Benford would make the move, but he’s been the best CB on the team, so that’s out.   I wonder if Elam could make the move?  He’s certainly athletic enough and pretty physical, maybe he would be better served playing ball hawk than zone corner.

57 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If Douglas is a quality starter and good  scheme fit, then CB is not a glaring need entering 2024. Probably going to need a WR2 as I don’t believe their going to ( or should) pay Davis what WRs get on second contracts these days. They’ll almost certainly add a CB somewhere , but it won’t be first on the list imo 

I think WR has to be a priority, Davis will likely get paid way too much to make sense.  He hasn’t been the guy you want as a 2.  Diggs is getting up there too, it’s time to try to bring in another #1 in this draft to pair w Diggs and eventually replace him.

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Yeah, I thought the same thing, this just seems like the nail in the coffin so to speak.

DT is a huge need, but more the 1 tech so it doesn’t have to be a top pick to get that.  CB isn’t THAT bad if Douglas works out . Safety is a major concern.  I am interested to see how they address the S spot, I could see a complete reset or possibly bringing Hyde back on a deal like Po got this year.  I think Poyer is gone, he looks pretty mediocre out there.  

As bad as Johnson is getting beat on inside leverage this season, I kinda wonder if they wouldn’t flip him to S w Hyde and look for a better slot CB, might kill 2 birds with one stone.  

I thought maybe Benford would make the move, but he’s been the best CB on the team, so that’s out.   I wonder if Elam could make the move?  He’s certainly athletic enough and pretty physical, maybe he would be better served playing ball hawk than zone corner.

I think WR has to be a priority, Davis will likely get paid way too much to make sense.  He hasn’t been the guy you want as a 2.  Diggs is getting up there too, it’s time to try to bring in another #1 in this draft to pair w Diggs and eventually replace him.

What do you think Kincaid was for?

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Dang looks cold - jarring for this out of towner to see the snow and chill there.  At least Rasul's used to it 😛 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Somewhat of a throwaway comment (not totally relevant) here that I can't exactly trust bc of my age at the time, but haven't we had 2 players do this with some success in both Aaron Williams and George Wilson? Williams for sure was a solid player and CB, Wilson was a LB who's success I remember much less of the 2

George Wilson was a former WR who converted to safety.  Does that refresh your memory?

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/wilson-tips-pass-and-makes-int-6182605

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/15-questions-with-bills-legend-george-wilson

1. What is your favorite Bills moment or memory?

For me, I just moved from wide receiver to safety [and] we played the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football here in Orchard Park. I got a pick six off of Tony Romo on the first series. It just kind of electrified the crowd and it was a big moment of that ball game and it essentially kicked off the second phase of my playing career because I switched positions that offseason.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

We’ll see what they do with Gabe and/or a surprise Mitch Morse cut, but outside of those two.. the rest of the Offense is coming back.  

-Allen

-Diggs, Harty, Shakir, Shorter

-Dawkins, Brown, Van Demark

-McGovern, Torrence, Anderson

-Morse, Bates

-Cook

-Kincaid, Knox

If we let Gabe walk, I’d hope our RD1 pick is WR, but it’s likely going to be a heavy defensive draft at DL, S & CB. 

Cut Tre for 6M & extend Douglas at least gives us Douglas, Benford & Elam.  No need to reach for CB, imo.  DL is going to have to be addressed in a big way, without much foreseeable cap to do so.  

I wouldn’t be terribly upset if we go safety. Poyer is probably done after this year. I think Rapp is auditioning this year to be his replacement.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Dang looks cold - jarring for this out of towner to see the snow and chill there.  At least Rasul's used to it 😛 

It's 45 and windy down here in Maryland today so I know it has to be pretty cold up there...   I guess it's Cincinnati so outdoor practice week.

2 hours ago, BRH said:

Packers realize they got fleeced and trading a guy who's "almost 30" sounds better than trading a guy who just turned 28.

Not clear they got fleeced.  Maybe. Only one will tell.  

2 hours ago, BRH said:

2 hours ago, BRH said:

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It was 55-60 last night down here for trick or treating and I definitely had my winter hat and coat on for it. 🤣

It started snowing in WNY about 15 minutes after I got done trick or treating...some places like Hamburg got almost 5 inches...got about 1.5-2 inches in the eastern burbs.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

So glad I don't have to deal with that anymore. Enjoy.😄

Yeah, but I don't have to keep my head on a swivel when I am outdoors looking for gators who may be randomly in the area.  😂

Or have to freak out every time I open my door because there might be a flying cockroach that gets in and causes an infestation. 😂

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah, but I don't have to keep my head on a swivel when I am outdoors looking for gators who may be randomly in the area.  😂

Or have to freak out every time I open my door because there might be a flying cockroach that gets in and causes an infestation. 😂

Very true. I live on a canal!🤣

7 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Very true. I live on a canal!🤣

Fun story, my parents owned a double plot of land in Cape Coral that was on a canal with gulf access and we went down to check it out back in the late 80s or early 90s when I was a young teenager...well, it was in a development where there were barely any street signs and only a few houses at that time, so we stopped at the office at the front of the development and told them we wanted to check out the property we owned and the lady said "sure, you can follow me back there because it's easier if I just take you since there are no signs up".

So we follow her back and are out looking around and I look out in the canal and ask the lady "What's that floating log looking thing out there?"  and she goes "Oh, honey, you want to step back a little bit, that's a gator, you don't want to get to close to that..." 

I ran back in the car and locked the door and wouldn't get out, and as we were leaving I told my parents that if they wanted to build a house there they could feel free but I was not ever coming to visit them.  😂

Never did build a house but sold it for a small fortune right before the housing bust in 2007-2008.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.