RELAX! This may be a good thing for the Bills.

PatsFanNH

The Loss today may end up being a blessing in disguise. Why?

1. they have no cheesy excuse like Jet lag for the loss.

2. They didn’t just sleep walk and pull off a win just because they are just that Good

this May wake them up and from here on out you get a focused tough Bills team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

2. They didn’t just sleep walk and pull off a win just because they are just that Good

Appreciate you trying to boost us up! Enjoy the win! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

we should have “woken up” after either of the last two games before we lost to you guys today.  Not sure it’s going to happen at all, which pains me to say, but…

• Agree 4

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

No.  The loss vS Jacksonville, the poor effort vS the Giants and now a loss vS The Patsies? 
This isn’t some “blessing in disguise wake up call”.  This is who this team is.  At best, they are inconsistent.  If they can’t beat a trash team like the Patsies, who do they expect to beat?  They are a side show.

PS- GO SABRES !! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Up to the GM to go out and make a deal for a #2 receiver,  you win in this league passing and scoring points. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nah. 

with respect kick rocks. 

the Bills have lost 2 games to putrid football teams a third to an average team and barely beat them one of the worst teams in football that is to a non call.

this teams wake up call needs to be someone’s ass getting canned. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

A small consolation for me is the Patriots get a worse draft pick.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Nah. 

with respect kick rocks. 

the Bills have lost 2 games to putrid football teams a third to an average team and barely beat them one of the worst teams in football that is to a non call.

this teams wake up call needs to be someone’s ass getting canned. 

The Jets are 3-3 May go 4-3 so hardly putrid.. maybe average.. Jags are a playoff team IMO, the Pats are putrid.. I wish they weren’t but they are.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Without Jones and Milano..add in Tre, we are going to have a tough time.

Yet the offense has been terrible for three weeks.  No injuries on that side of the ball

Coaching is the problem and it has been for years.  

McD just gets another year of injuries as an excuse.  

Remember when this board used to blame Frazier for the defensive collapses?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillnutinHouston said:

This.  When these 3 went down, the season ended.  Most just have been slow to realize it.

I was. I tried to gloss it over.

Those are devastating injuries.  Maybe you can have 1 or even 2, but it was too much.

• Agree 2

I said the same after the Jets loss. The same after the Jags loss. The same again after barely beating the Giants. 

Cannot say it after this. The defense was iffy in spots today but the other losses and Giants game they played well. It’s seemingly the offense, who is where this teams success lays, that the problems fall on. We are slow to score and not creative when doing so, it is pretty much allowing teams to hang around. 

Thanks for the try at morale boosting. Appreciated. 

• Agree 1

Just now, BBFL said:

I said the same after the Jets loss. The same after the Jags loss. The same again after barely beating the Giants. 

Cannot say it after this. The defense was iffy in spots today but the other losses and Giants game they played well. It’s seemingly the offense, who is where this teams success lays, that the problems fall on. We are slow to score and not creative when doing so, it is pretty much allowing teams to hang around. 

It is the offense and Dorsey needs to fix it. Pound the rock behind the right side of that line. Use play action and feature Diggs and Kincaid all day.

There is zero creativity and no rhythm to this offense.

10 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

This.  When these 3 went down, the season ended.  Most just have been slow to realize it.

I don't disagree but our defense has kept us in every single game by shear luck and player willpower.  Our offense has been neutered. They don't take shots, they play like Jauron is coaching offense. They're not being themselves and elevating a rookie te to be wr2 by force. 

10 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I don't disagree but our defense has kept us in every single game by shear luck and player willpower.  Our offense has been neutered. They don't take shots, they play like Jauron is coaching offense. They're not being themselves and elevating a rookie te to be wr2 by force. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

“The Loss today may end up being a blessing in disguise.”

Just say no to crack!

After these last 3 horrendous games… NOBODY in his right mind can possibly say that! 

Unfortunately that's almost what Von Miller said in the locker room press briefing.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It is the offense and Dorsey needs to fix it. Pound the rock behind the right side of that line. Use play action and feature Diggs and Kincaid all day.

There is zero creativity and no rhythm to this offense.

Don’t know if a run game is even it brother. They did relatively well at that today when Cook ran. Allen needs to run, I was against it at first but I just watched his 2020-21 highlights and man he was killing it in games where he had designed runs. I think it is confidence boost for him. 

Need to be that teams that’s going balls to the wall again, kinda like Miami right now, and play to be ahead multiple scores; not play to control the game clock and win. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't know. I'm usually among the most optimistic - but something is wrong here..

We're not as good as the top teams.  That's just reality right now.

Success, may I ask if I see one huge weakness for the Bills today. I would say it was the O line, Allen was under constant pressure and the Pats were missing their top 2 pass rushers. Could the lack of time be speeding up Allen? I’m asking..

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Success, may I ask if I see one huge weakness for the Bills today. I would say it was the O line, Allen was under constant pressure and the Pats were missing their top 2 pass rushers. Could the lack of time be speeding up Allen? I’m asking..

The line was better most of the year so far - but they were trash today.  Without doubt, Allen was rushed most of the game.

I thought Allen was alright today, though.  He made plays when he needed to.  The slow starts are starting to become a pattern, so hopefully they can fix that.  

And they have to let Allen run again. They have to let him be the guy who teams feared.  They're taking away half of his game.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Or, we go 6-4, finish 10-7, make the playoffs as a wild-card, lose in either the wild-card or divisional round again, and Pegula's still content.  

42 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Or, we go 6-4, finish 10-7, make the playoffs as a wild-card, lose in either the wild-card or divisional round again, and Pegula's still content.  

If there is a silver-lining to this, it's that more people are waking up to the fact that more than we've attributed to our shortcomings is correctly being pinned on coaching with the teflon starting to flake off of McD.  

This team doesn't need a head coach that has no idea how to run an offense, when the lynchpin to the entire team's success is its generational talent QB.  It needs a head coach that understands offense and QBs, intimately, and one that knows how to get the most from the talent we have.  Then it also needs a GM that understands the importance of having a top-notch OL in front of that QB.  

Right now we have neither of those.  

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Bucs 20

Bills 13

The way that the Bucs have been playing, contrasted with the way that we've been playing, that's a good guess.  

We'll have our games though this season, despite the overall inconsistencies.  At some point we're due for a ringer or a two or three game stretch of them.  

48 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

No.  The loss vS Jacksonville, the poor effort vS the Giants and now a loss vS The Patsies? 
This isn’t some “blessing in disguise wake up call”.  This is who this team is.  At best, they are inconsistent.  If they can’t beat a trash team like the Patsies, who do they expect to beat?  They are a side show.

PS- GO SABRES !! 

I thought the “experts” predicting like 9-8 records for the Bills was ludicrous but right now it’s a strong possibility.  They keep playing like this and I don’t see them winning the next 2 games.  Then, they “should” be able to beat Denver and the Jets at home.  The gauntlet of road games at Philly and KC followed by Dallas at home now seems hopeless.

2 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

I thought the “experts” predicting like 9-8 records for the Bills was ludicrous but right now it’s a strong possibility.  They keep playing like this and I don’t see them winning the next 2 games.  Then, they “should” be able to beat Denver and the Jets at home.  The gauntlet of road games at Philly and KC followed by Dallas at home now seems hopeless.

we will somehow win 2/3 gauntlet games, sneak into playoffs, lose, then Pegs is fine and all coaches come back.  Welcome to the 90’s Dolphins!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.