A trade is the only way to save the season

Milanos Milano

1 hour ago, Dr Divit said:

You have to give up value to get value.  So I would trade Diggs for multiple picks.    

Diggs will not play for McD next year.  

I'd prefer not to trade. That means the current regime can draft more undersized backs.

Trade? Your dreaming. Team is an embarrassment and in complete shambles! Miller, Knox, Davis are stealing money. It's not Halloween yet, and the rest of the season is now in garbage time. 7 total wins tops. You show me more. Allen's career is being wasted with Bean and McDermott. National media already trolling the Bills. What a sad season. They'll likely rebound at home against the Bucs at home (too little way too late). Maybe beat the Bronco's and Pats later. That's it. 7-10.  

4 hours ago, Chugga said:

There is no trade that is going to fix this season.  It’s a problem from the top down.  We were at the doorstep during the Covid season.  Then there was 13 seconds and while no one said it vocally I think everyone in the building at 1 Bills Drive knew that, that was a superbowl caliber team that got outcoached at the worst possible time between not squibbing it and then playing god awful 13 second defense.

And ever since that game we keep running it back.  Sure we made a splash with Von Miller but the theme has largely been…..

lets get the old gang back together.  Get Jordan Phillips and Shaq Lawson and resign Cole Beasley and John Brown and give them shots, etc.  And the new talent that we do bring in we either don’t utilize them properly or at all.  And I’ve been super guilty of falling for it.  I love Lawson and Phillips but they aren’t it.  We finally get out from underneath Star’s contract and then throw money at Knox and Ford because the belief is we have the talent within the building to win.  But no other team in the NFL feels that way.  The top teams are constantly looking for game changing players that fit their scheme and identity and I almost feel weird saying I have no idea what our identity is.

I said before the season started that this team did not do enough this offseason to correct issues that were highlighted in their playoff loss to Cincy. The Harty signing looks bad and that money could have been used for another receiver.

Chris Simms mentioned this week,  they expect too much from Allen and Diggs and Gabe Davis is just not a #2 receiver. Like why did the Bills bring back both Brown and Beasely at the end of last season? Offence is just not good enough to score enough points to win games with this current defence.  We just played two of the worse teams in the NFL and could easily have gone 0-2 if not for a no holding call in the end zone.  The 12 personal smells like McDermott and his caveman football to keep his defence off the field.  It's not working and they need to go back to faster pace 3-4 wide receiver sets. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RG Murdock said:

Trade? Your dreaming. Team is an embarrassment and in complete shambles! Miller, Knox, Davis are stealing money. It's not Halloween yet, and the rest of the season is now in garbage time. 7 total wins tops. You show me more. Allen's career is being wasted with Bean and McDermott. National media already trolling the Bills. What a sad season. They'll likely rebound at home against the Bucs at home (too little way too late). Maybe beat the Bronco's and Pats later. That's it. 7-10.  

That's a bit extreme in terms of projected wins.

• Agree 2

How is Davis stealing money?  His is on a 4th round pick rookie deal. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

What?

are people watching what I’m watching?  The play calls are friggin stupjd

its coaching not personnel 

You’re 100 percent on it.  I mean dude call an easy interception on our first offensive play.  Who does that?  Josh should have audibles out.

6 hours ago, BBFL said:

Listen man, for all the Gabe hate he’s doing pretty much what Mike Evans would anyway. Sure Evans is the better player but I don’t see a point giving up something of potential value for just one step up. Gabe has his place and has had a pretty reasonable season so far. 

Money and draft picks are clearly the most valuable to this teams future. 

If we were winning games and had no legitimate deep threat or success, sure. But the season is looking to be on the ropes and at best a first round exit from the playoffs, if we even make it. 

Keep the future assets. 

Davis is hardly winning one on one match-ups. We need a player other than Diggs that can consistently win one on one. Hopefully Kincaid is more involved going forward.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I know they won’t, and I know there’s locker room chemistry to take into account, but actions have consequences and to try to improve at WR, DT, LB and/or CB.. I’d make Knox and Davis available. 

12 personnel looks a mess.  Kincaid/Morris and Edwards is fine by me. 

Both are good players.  Not sure if they’re winning players though. 

This offense has been a high variance, up and down mess since mid-season last year.   Something has to change. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This is a little extreme, and the schedule is not nearly as daunting as some are marking it. Maybe before the season started. The only silver lining to the season is that there has been a lot of terrible footlball everywhere this year. I have no idea why fans are still afraid of the Bengals. Or Chargers for that matter. Dak is still disappointing. Even if you want to be ultra pessimistic and count the Chiefs and Eagles as automatic L's, you could still flip a coin for just about every other game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Nelius said:

This is a little extreme, and the schedule is not nearly as daunting as some are marking it. Maybe before the season started. The only silver lining to the season is that there has been a lot of terrible footlball everywhere this year. I have no idea why fans are still afraid of the Bengals. Or Chargers for that matter. Dak is still disappointing. Even if you want to be ultra pessimistic and count the Chiefs and Eagles as automatic L's, you could still flip a coin for just about every other game.

Eagles don’t look unbeatable either…chiefs are a tier above them for sure.  Chiefs are pretty darn close to an automatic loss…we match up worse against them than ever lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Araiza Curse said:

That’s the best way to narrow down the issues. Bring in either Adams or Evans and if we are still having problems, all our questions will be answered. 

Mike Evans is having an amazing year on a .500 team. The Bucs season isn't dead. They aren't going to Trade him. They weren't interested in Trading him during the Offseason - they're definitely not interested now.

Davante Adams is impossible. We couldn't afford him even if the Raiders took on a massive cap hit this season. Even if they did, the cost for him in compensation between the talent he is and the money they'd be taken on would be so great, there's no way we'd do it.

Both are an absolute pipe dream. 0 possibility of happening. DeAndre Hopkins or Jerry Jeudy are possibilities and even they aren't likely.

If Beane makes a blockbuster trade for a monster piece on the board it will be the end of this team as it is. #1, were a lot farther away than 1 guy no matter who it is. #2, if they give up future assets they are going to screw up this teams even more than it already is. More contract issues, and less draft picks to fill the missing spots. #3, if this GM and coaching staff make a move like this, it tells me they are on the hot seat and think they are in make a splash and win now mode more than ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

With the fully healthy defense wreaking havoc getting other teams off the field early & often giving the offense short fields and leads to build on you could make the argument we didn't need more explosiveness surrounding Allen. But the D is so weak and able to be exposed now, need to strike fear in the opposition and have the ability to put up 30+ on the regular or we'll miss the playoffs completely.

With that said, if a guy like Terry McLaurin is even a remote possibility I hope we pursue it. I'd give up close to what we sent out for Diggs, given his age and reasonable contract going forward. We have the extra 3rd & 6th this year and I want a stud WR in R1 anyway, McLaurin could be it instead. Need that speed and top tier receiving ability ASAP

55 minutes ago, DanInUticaTampa said:

Davis is hardly winning one on one match-ups. We need a player other than Diggs that can consistently win one on one. Hopefully Kincaid is more involved going forward.

He’s definitely a better option than Gabe for what they both would be doing but Tampa aren’t giving him for free. Might not even do it seeing as they’re still in the mix for that division. 

This roster has plenty of talent and can produce if used correctly. 

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I know this is just a Madden Trade Complain thread, but I think there is a decent shot they send a late round pick to Altlanta for Eli Ankou. I think they still need more, but that’s a start. 

We going to let Atlanta take players and then trade back for them? 😂

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

He’s definitely a better option than Gabe for what they both would be doing but Tampa aren’t giving him for free. Might not even do it seeing as they’re still in the mix for that division. 

This roster has plenty of talent and can produce if used correctly. 

We going to let Atlanta take players and then trade back for them? 😂

Might as well! 

10 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I know this is just a Madden Trade Complain thread, but I think there is a decent shot they send a late round pick to Altlanta for Eli Ankou. I think they still need more, but that’s a start. 

Wouldn’t it be great if the Falcons were ‘bout it and they just traded him back to us for Vickers or something?

33 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I could see that. I could also see Levi Wallace being traded for. As McDermott is only ever interested in Defensive players that know his scheme. See: Dean Marlowe and AJ Klein last season and Josh Norman this season.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

7 hours ago, MPL said:

Prior to today, I thought maybe a big acquisition before the deadline could save this season. But now I don't think 1 guy isn't going to do it. And the core group of this roster is toast. A lot of aging starters with big contracts that will need to be replaced in the next two years. The Bills need to be acquiring picks because the drop-off is coming fast.  

Hey listen let's not be afraid of transparency name names Davis is not getting it done Knox and von Miller aren't either 

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t think anything is going to save this season. At best we look like a one and done wild card team.

So the frustrating part about that is given our cap situation and number of FA’s I have expected next year is a step back. 

We have kicked the can down the road on a lot of contracts and most are coming due in 24. Allen’s and Diggs have been super cheap but not after this season. Same with Knox, Taron, and Dawkins. 

Plus we have a lot of money tied up in Miller, Tre, and Morse who are all aging/injured. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Trade for Surtain and you might have a shot at saving this season. No chance we do. A team that has been to super bowls recently (like the eagles) will actually do it while we sit on our hands.

Surtain won't make as big of a difference as another #1 wr opposite diggs will..like a Evans or equivalent....stack the offense and ride by the offense for once...this defense has swallowed all our assets just to puke on itself over and over

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

a decision on Davis needs to be made now, if you don’t think he will be resigned next year he should be moved for assets as soon as possible.

I’ve heard speculation on how Davis is loved in the locker room, super close with Diggs etc.

Well, the offense shouldn’t have started off the season looking like a dumpster fire in 4/7 games. 

They can thank themselves if he gets shipped out. 

(I’d be shocked if they did, but Davis & Knox should at least have phone calls made to gauge league interest in player for player swaps)

21 minutes ago, Mango said:

So the frustrating part about that is given our cap situation and number of FA’s I have expected next year is a step back. 

We have kicked the can down the road on a lot of contracts and most are coming due in 24. Allen’s and Diggs have been super cheap but not after this season. Same with Knox, Taron, and Dawkins. 

Plus we have a lot of money tied up in Miller, Tre, and Morse who are all aging/injured. 

Honestly, getting younger probably should’ve happened on defense going into this year.   The injuries have only exacerbated it. 

On Offense, I’m not convinced this offense doesn’t desperately need a new non-Gabe Davis outside WR.   May be much better with Year 2 Kincaid and a high draft pick.   But Diggs only has a couple more elite years left in him most likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.