Are people really that unhappy with our 4-2 Bills?

eball

3 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Just say "I was wrong" and get it over with already... or face the bumping of this thread, I'm afraid.

Wrong about what? Is the season over? What kind of loser bumps a thread after every loss because they're butthurt that someone thought at 4-2 the season wasn't over? ***** off, respectively.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Wrong about what? Is the season over? What kind of loser bumps a thread after every loss because they're butthurt that someone thought at 4-2 the season wasn't over? ***** off, respectively.

Actually, people were upset that other people jumped all over them for having the audacity to suggest there were points of concern despite being 4-2.  Those people are now pointing out that the aforementioned concerns were since proven perfectly valid and those people that blasted them for it now look foolish.

• Like (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

So are we at the point of the season already where @eball stops being a cheerleader and allows the rest of us to point out issues with the team?  Christmas came early this year!

Get bent, dude. I never said the team was perfect and this place is officially a s-h-i-t show — worse than during the drought. I’ve got better things to do with my time than watch you guys dance all over the optimists. 

Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Get bent, dude. I never said the team was perfect and this place is officially a s-h-i-t show — worse than during the drought. I’ve got better things to do with my time than watch you guys dance all over the optimists. 

Go Bills!

Yet here you are.  😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Our expectations are higher as we expect to win a SB with Allen. 

But we do have issues and IMO you have to look at the common denominators. Coaching is huge issue and has managed to get worse over the years.

Beane tries to bring in players but he hasn't been able to put us over the top with acquisitions, and now we have to deal with cap issues. There is NO EASY FIX.

So yes this place is going to be worse than the drought years, because exectations are so much higher.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:46 PM, The Red King said:

Actually, people were upset that other people jumped all over them for having the audacity to suggest there were points of concern despite being 4-2.  Those people are now pointing out that the aforementioned concerns were since proven perfectly valid and those people that blasted them for it now look foolish.

Nothing to do with my post or the loser who keeps bumping the thread.

56 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Nothing to do with my post or the loser who keeps bumping the thread.

All I did was ask for clarification on your claim that the Bills are "legit" SB contenders.  I didn't take any personal swipes at you.  But because I had the audacity to question your claim, I was "ridiculous" and now a "loser."

Seems perfectly acceptable for you to personally attack people because they don't agree with you while everyone else has to walk on eggshells if they don't believe the laughable notion that the Bills are "legit" SB contenders.  

I'm ok to agree to disagree, but that idea seems incomprehensible to you.  You must agree with me or your stupid seems to be your stance. 

• Like (+1) 1

Great thread 😂… Particularly from the “optimists “… who don’t like the reminders that things may have not been going as well as they thought…

I still think you have to hope for the best though … until they are eliminated… If they can sneak into the playoffs … I don’t think any team will fancy playing them …

Still… if they can’t win the next two then they are probably toast…

• Like (+1) 2

On 11/6/2023 at 4:28 PM, nedboy7 said:

I have zero issue with being positive about the team and rooting for the players on it.  At the time this thread was started I was way more optimistic than I am now.  So I dont see what the problem with the OP is.  I got a way bigger problem with so called fans calling every player trash during 2nd Q. 

The players aren't trash, but the 2 primary coaches are.  We're a DPI on Waller away from being 4-5.  Yes losing Milano, DQ & Tre devastated this team. Even Von is a shell of himself.  That's 4 key defensive players no team can survive.  Even w/o these players,  you should never lose to NE or NYJ.  

• Disagree 1

The key is this...

It's okay to be optimistic.  Just don't attack people who aren't.  This entire thread started out as "We're 4-2, are people really complaining?".

Some people said yes, and explained why.  Then others laid into them, telling them how ridiculous they were being and attacking them for even suggesting there may have been cracks forming.

Given where we are now, I think it's obvious the critics may have been on to something.  Don't you?

The problem wasn't just in being optimistic.  That's fine, and I can certainly respect that.  The problem was in attacking those who tried to voice (since proven valid) concerns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The players aren't trash, but the 2 primary coaches are.  We're a DPI on Waller away from being 4-5.  Yes losing Milano, DQ & Tre devastated this team. Even Von is a shell of himself.  That's 4 key defensive players no team can survive.  Even w/o these players,  you should never lose to NE or NYJ.  

You should never lose to a team is just not how the NFL works.  Jets beat the Eagles who are not down with injuries.  How do you explain that?  And while McD is underachieving this year and Dorsey seems out of his element, to call him trash is just emotional over reaction.  We are couple calls away from being 6-3.  You can spin this any way you want. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/18/2023 at 7:31 PM, BigDingus said:

Yes, and I think downplaying it as if we've learned nothing the past 3 years kind of bothers me.

Every year, almost always around this time, people talk about how "you are what your record says you are," how we should ignore all the issues we see/only focus on X,Y,Z, how losing to whatever team isn't a bad sign, and how all it will take is Allen cleaning something up/less injuries/adjustments to playcalling/blah blah blah.

But by year's end, literally every issue comes home to roost in the playoffs. I'm not saying the sky is falling or that the Bills are doomed, all I'm saying is we pretend we're on the right track, pretend things will only get better, and brush aside the glaring flaws as something that'll just magically go away.

Even if we pulled off the OT win in week 1 or rallied back & beat the Jags, I would still feel the same way despite the record.

People will point to teams like the Chiefs & say how they don't look unbeatable & had rough games too, but the Bills aren't the Chiefs. We haven't earned the benefit of the doubt & multiple Super Bowls. Aside from 2021, our playoff struggles tend to look awfully similar to our regular season struggles. 

We all remember week 17 against the Bengals, but outside of the obvious Damar stuff, the football talk was mostly us Bills fans being in denial vs what Bengals fans (and other fans) saw as the Bills being "saved" from a Bengals butt kicking. All the non-Damar chatter was people saying the Bills were getting torched, cruising to a beatdown, and even complaints the NFL was "scripted" & trying to protect the Bills. That was when all the talk about the Bengals/Burrow being better than the Bills/Allen really started, and we denied every bit of it.

Even though it was still the first quarter, it was very representative of what was in store come playoff time. I remember me & other Bills fans pointing to recent Bengals games where they looked good one half, fell apart the next, talked up Allen just having slow starts, and also said we play better at home. Surely, the Bills would be motivated & ready come playoff time. NOPE!

Despite my rant, I still think things can get better. In fact, I expect another good stretch that will get us all hyped again. But I'm also painfully aware that the recent struggles can't be ignored & could very well be a persistent issue all season. 

I've never quoted myself before, but I wasn't too far off! 

Still waiting on that "good stretch" though... 😅

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I've never quoted myself before, but I wasn't too far off! 

Still waiting on that "good stretch" though... 😅

I might need a break as well. After the SB years a I took one

Was on the Train when they drafted Josh and McBeanes

Time for another break

Hopefully my next avatar will be more positive

Than

3rd and long

Cheers My Friends all and goodbye

for now

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/19/2023 at 1:08 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

The season is more than just the last game or two.

Considering they're #3 in DVOA and at least Top 5 in every analytical ranking makes it pretty loud and clear that the Bills are legit Super Bowl contenders in 2023.

No offense but your post is ridiculous.

Ridiculous you say 🤔 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/6/2023 at 11:34 PM, Wayne Arnold said:

Season is over now. They will be lucky to win 9 games. 

Yeah, you are what your record says you are. But red flags were everywhere even at 4-2. The Giants game made me realize this was a very flawed team. The Patriots loss made me realize this team was most definitely not doing anything substantial this season. The Bengals loss just reconfirmed that feeling. Even if we won this game, there were still.more issues than good things about this team.

BTW, the Patriots/Giants? They will be playing in the tank bowl in week 12. We should have lost to both. Did lose to NE.

• Agree 1

On 10/18/2023 at 1:54 PM, eball said:

I just don't know what to make of this board and our fans these days.  To the uninformed observer, if you just looked at the threads on the first page you'd assume this was a bottom-feeding squad.  The Bills are #3 in scoring offense and scoring defense, +4 in takeaways, and are right in the position most expected them to be when the season began.

Nobody ever won the Super Bowl in October, and history is replete with scads of teams that looked "unbeatable" at this juncture and didn't lift the Lombardi.

Lately, the issue is with <yawn> Dorsey again...bad gameplan, can't get the ball to anyone other than Diggs, yada, yada, yada.  What I saw Sunday night was a slow start on offense fueled by an untimely fumble, a drop, and a fantastic tip/interception by the Giants on a pass headed to Knox for a big gainer.  When the team returned from halftime they marched down the field twice for TDs and were a fingertip catch away from icing the game.

Is everything perfect?  Of course not!  But it never is, and crucifying Dorsey on October 18 -- two weeks after he was called brilliant for his gameplan vs. Miami -- is the perfect lens through which to view Bills fans.

Maybe a lot of you really have nothing else to do but sit around and dream up wild conspiracy theories about how Josh could force his way out of Buffalo, psychoanalyze whether Brian Daboll and Sean McDermott have a blood feud, or criticize the Bills for using Diggs as their first option in the passing game.

They lost two games by a total of 11 points!

The ONLY thing that matters is that the Bills grind out wins so they put themselves into decent playoff position, and that they are playing their best football in DECEMBER.

"But it's a fan message board.  That's what we do."

Ok.  You be you.  I'll continue to look at what is going right, share my opinions in an upbeat way, and show some faith in the players and coaches to work on what they need to work on.  This can still be a very special season; the league is wide open.

Go Bills!

18-2, Babyyyyyy!!!

This aged so, so poorly. 🤣

Pattern recognition, people.  We went through this exact same scenario after the Green Bay game last season.  The concerns expressed (that got the people saying them mocked) were later validated.  And this season everything played out exactly the same as last season.

I really wanted to be proven wrong, but the signs were there, clear as day to anyone with their eyes open.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.