IF Allen Tried to Force His Way Out of Buffalo...

BuffaloBaumer

I honestly don't think this would happen, but if Allen feels as though his game has been neutered and thinks there is no way to win the big one with this coaching staff, would he ever try and reunite with Dabol? If that were to happen, I would hope Terry would clean house and write a blank check to Dabol to bring his own staff in here. This coaching staff is severely flawed but if I recall correctly, wasn't it Allen who wanted Dorsey promoted to OC? Let's see how long the tension continues to build with this offense as something needs to be altered one way or another.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 6
  • Eyeroll 18
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 7

Josh is going to pull a Lebron and leave after his contract is up. He's taking his talents to ____________. His gf/future wife is about to star in a Marvel movie. Do you think she wants to eat chicken wings at Bar Bill every Saturday night? Josh on the 49ers or Rams would be something to watch for 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I honestly don't think this would happen, but if Allen feels as though his game has been neutered and thinks there is no way to win the big one with this coaching staff, would he ever try and reunite with Dabol? If that were to happen, I would hope Terry would clean house and write a blank check to Dabol to bring his own staff in here. This coaching staff is severely flawed but if I recall correctly, wasn't it Allen who wanted Dorsey promoted to OC? Let's see how long the tension continues to build with this offense as something needs to be altered one way or another.

Allen wanted continuity - he didn't want some new dude to come in and change everything.  They brought in Mike Shula who McDermott has worked with in the past and has called plays before, as well as joe brady at QB coach.  There's a lot of experience within the org offensively, so they could potentially go a lot of different directions.  

As much as people hate on dorsey, there have been a lot of execution struggles.  I think he falls into habits of repeating concepts, or trying to attack the defense the same way rather than figuring out ways to create wide open looks for players.  I think theres... room for improvement in the run game.  He also has some issues with spacing. 

At the same time though - you have Allen zeroing in on diggs, or holding the ball when the people are open.  Drops have been much more common in the last 2 weeks - which happens to every offense.  Run game has been absent in the first half of the last 2 games.  Protection has been worse the last two weeks, be it simulated pressure or blitzes they seem to be getting through.  

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just sayin', there is a clear, tight relationship with Allen and Dabol. Players force themselves out from teams a lot more than they used to so it's not exactly the craziest thing to have in the back of your mind...

Where’s Daboll coaching, he’ll likely be unemployed as a HC soon enough.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just sayin', there is a clear, tight relationship with Allen and Dabol. Players force themselves out from teams a lot more than they used to so it's not exactly the craziest thing to have in the back of your mind...

Name one other scenario where a NFL player left to be with a specific coach.

I've never heard that happen once. 

Players may want to leave a specific coach but I can't think of anyone that forced a trade or being releases to join another team because of a coach. 

This is not the NBA. NFL players have no leverage and NFL teams have to deal with a real salary cap. What you are describing is not a thing in the NFL. In fact it is the opposite, NFL trams jettison aging or injured players well before their contract is up.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Yo get your messed up mind out of here. 

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I'll be interested to see if your post gets one thumbs up amongst all the eye rolls

Ill bite.

I think in these cases (Rodgers, Wilson), there are plenty of public knowledge/rumors of the QB being unhappy and frustrated before a move goes down.  If/when Allen is ever unhappy, and feels he needs to go above the coach, I think he would/could go to ownership to request change, in which case it would be on Pegula to indulge the star QB or get the backs of the coaching staff/management.

It wouldn't be a thing Allen decides overnight and suddenly starts to demand a trade.  IMO Buffalo ownership would probably work with him.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Paxil helps