Why weren't Thibideaux, Lawrence, and Williams thrown out of the game??? Update: Fines handed out

Special K

I thought you could make a case for Williams getting tossed. That hit and knockdown of Brown was way after the initial scrum.

As for Thibodaux I also thought that was close, but it looked like Dawkins was holding his leg up too. So not a straightforward kick. 

In the end it just took too long. 

Oh and Josh grow up. WTF are you doing???? Oline protect QBs not the other way around. Your shoulder is worth more than the entire rest if the team. 

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Watch again. He was kicking him and stomping him. All because he got blown up on the play and his fat gooey ego couldn’t handle it 

You’re quickly becoming the most infuriating read on the board… it’s a shame you probably enjoy hearing that 

Edited by JGMcD2

8 hours ago, Simon said:

You wanted them to eject most of the Giants DLine all at once because of some shoving and wrestling on one play? :blink:

It was more than just shoving. 🙄

8 hours ago, Simon said:

Yeah, that was pretty close.

Although Spencer was playing mean through the whistle right along with Dawkins (and Thibodeaux).

Lawrence overreacted some but Williams was frustrated from just having a football jammed down his craw for 8 straight minutes and was out of line.

Playing mean? It’s a mean sport! Lol

8 hours ago, Warcodered said:

They injured Brown, did he get back into the game?

I know he's our least favorite O-lineman performance wise but that was ***** up.

imagine if a star QB was hit 30 seconds after the whistle like that and taken out of the game for a leg injury like Spencer Brown. 

It would be the ONLY topic on national sports airwaves this morning and a massive PR nightmare for the NFL. Remember how big a story it was when Mason Rudolph got smashed with a helmet? 

But a lineman? No biggie I guess. 

so much for "player safety." That should have been an ejection. It was way, way after everything else. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I thought you could make a case for Williams getting tossed. That hit and knockdown of Brown was way after the initial scrum.

As for Thibodaux I also thought that was close, but it looked like Dawkins was holding his leg up too. So not a straightforward kick. 

In the end it just took too long. 

Oh and Josh grow up. WTF are you doing???? Oline protect QBs not the other way around. Your shoulder is worth more than the entire rest if the team. 

As much as I hate Josh putting himself in that situation with how important he is to the team, I can't fault a guy for not letting two guys gang up on his teammate like that.

11 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

They didnt do anything ejection worthy. That is pretty much down to throwing a punch. Lawrence was close when he got Brown on the ground, but didnt swing.

Idk...Thibbs was throwing some pretty intense upkicks from the ground. Cleats have studs.

9 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Idk...Thibbs was throwing some pretty intense upkicks from the ground. Cleats have studs.

Because Dawkins wouldnt stop standing over him trying to get at him. Nothing else for Thibbs to do there.

They all might get fined, but there was nothing ejection worthy.

Punches, or that disgusting helmet-to-helmet hit we saw in the Ravens game. Nothing from last night's little dust up was nearly as violent as this.

53 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

As much as I hate Josh putting himself in that situation with how important he is to the team, I can't fault a guy for not letting two guys gang up on his teammate like that.

I understand your sentiment.  I really do. But there are different rules for how a QB should handle himself. He has to be smarter

52 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Because Dawkins wouldnt stop standing over him trying to get at him. Nothing else for Thibbs to do there.

They all might get fined, but there was nothing ejection worthy.

Punches, or that disgusting helmet-to-helmet hit we saw in the Ravens game. Nothing from last night's little dust up was nearly as violent as this.

Wow that Hamilton hit is vile.

Nothing for Thibbs to do...besides wait for him to move? not kick another player? not be a ***** dumbass?

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

I'm sure that Daboll told his guys to target Brown, Oliver and Dawkins - guys who are hotheads and would likely take the bait.  

No punches were thrown, and none of the actions rose to the level of being an intent to injure, so I was okay with the offsetting PFs.

Brown did leave the game after the cheap shots with some sort of injury, so it actually was more than pushing & shoving. 3 penalties to our 1 = offsetting? Might as well take a couple of cheap shots of our own if it’s all offsetting. The kicking incident definitely should have been a disqualification. It was numerous kicks, not just one. Funny, launching yourself at a defenseless player during game play can get you ejected, but not during a scrum. I just find it all interesting. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

To take this thread on a tangent. 

What happened on the scrum following opening kickoff ?

I didn't see anything done by the Bills that even resembled a penalty. I saw #47 on the Giants with what looked like a punch to Brown's facemask, and then hold the facemask for a good 5 seconds. A ref also comes over to yell at Spencer Brown before the calls were announced. 

3 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

To take this thread on a tangent. 

What happened on the scrum following opening kickoff ?

I didn't see anything done by the Bills that even resembled a penalty. I saw #47 on the Giants with what looked like a punch to Brown's facemask, and then hold the facemask for a good 5 seconds. A ref also comes over to yell at Spencer Brown before the calls were announced. 

That was the worst officiating crew the Bills have seen this year....they should be relegated to officiating games like Bears vs. Vikings......keep them away from the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

why was Josh Allen being an absolute dumbass and throwing his throwing shoulder into that mess?

Toxic Masculinity.  He should probably be forced to take some sort of sensitivty training after that public display of aggression. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

That officiating crew was one of the reasons the Bills walked out of there with a win last night.

On the last play.  But the Bills could have a 14 point lead at that point, if the officials were competent .

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Toxic Masculinity.  He should probably be forced to take some sort of sensitivty training after that public display of aggression. 

Is it too much to ask to have the QB and leader of the team not be an idiot? If he hurts himself on that play or gets beaten down by a lineman twice his size nobody has clever comments today.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Is it too much to ask to have the QB and leader of the team not be an idiot? If he hurts himself on that play or gets beaten down by a lineman twice his size nobody has clever comments today.

You seem like you would enjoy rooting for Mac Jones.  Checks all your boxes. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Chaos said:

On the last play.  But the Bills could have a 14 point lead at that point, if the officials were competent .

If the officials were competent, the Bills would have been called for about twice as many penalties as they were.

The OLine was mugging people all over the place in both pass pro and especially the ground game.

I didn’t think anyone deserved to be ejected.

I’m not a fan of the how all penalties are negated if each team commits one penalty.  

All 11 giants on the field could’ve run up on Josh and continued to push him down over and over and over…..but if 1 Bills was guilty of an illegal shift they all cancel themselves out.  Replay the down.  Doesn’t make sense

20 hours ago, Special K said:

Can anyone explain this??

When seeing the replay, it was clear that these three idiots committed unprovoked acts of aggression on Dawkins and Brown.

Thibideaux was seen kicking Dawkins in the head and neck area, and Lawrence and Williams threw themselves like missles and knocked Brown to the ground.

I'm sure their wallets will be lighter later in the week, but at least one, if not all three of these clowns should have been ejected from the game!!

Thoughts??

They play for the Giants. 

Isn't that enough punishment?

🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

• Special K changed the title to Why weren't Thibideaux, Lawrence, and Williams thrown out of the game??? Update: Fines handed out

Three Giants Fined for Roles in Brawl vs. Bills

Things got ugly for the Giants late in the third quarter of their game versus the Buffalo Bills last weekend.

PATRICIA TRAINA

New York Giants defenders Kayvon Thibodeaux, Dexter Lawrence, and Leonard Williams were each fined $10,927 by the league for their role in a second-half scuffle with the Buffalo Bills. Bills offensive lineman Dion Dawkins received a $10,927 fine.

Thibodeaux, Lawrence, Williams, and Dawkins were part of a larger brawl that began after Latavius Murray rushed for a first down late in the third quarter of the Giants' 14-9 loss to the Bills last weekend at Highmark Stadium.

The officials threw four flags, three on the Giants and one on Buffalo, the penalties off-setting one another. There were no ejections as a result of the melee.

Thibodeaux was caught on camera lying on the turf kicking at some Bills players who were hitting him while he was on his back. Williams shoved an unidentified Bills offensive lineman in the end zone. 

Great reporting.....unidentified offensive lineman🤣

• Haha (+1) 3

I’ll keep echoing - 

dawkins/thibodeaux being my offsetting and swept under the rug wouldn’t bug me. Both sides chippy and no one at risk of real injury…. so get it on record in case of continued issues and move on

away from the play and after the play clobbering a guy and resulting in injury should be an ejection. The precedent it sets and behavior encouraged by lumping it all together is dangerous. That it wasn’t enven an escalated fine really does surprise me too. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Special K said:

Three Giants Fined for Roles in Brawl vs. Bills

Things got ugly for the Giants late in the third quarter of their game versus the Buffalo Bills last weekend.

PATRICIA TRAINA

New York Giants defenders Kayvon Thibodeaux, Dexter Lawrence, and Leonard Williams were each fined $10,927 by the league for their role in a second-half scuffle with the Buffalo Bills. Bills offensive lineman Dion Dawkins received a $10,927 fine.

Thibodeaux, Lawrence, Williams, and Dawkins were part of a larger brawl that began after Latavius Murray rushed for a first down late in the third quarter of the Giants' 14-9 loss to the Bills last weekend at Highmark Stadium.

The officials threw four flags, three on the Giants and one on Buffalo, the penalties off-setting one another. There were no ejections as a result of the melee.

Thibodeaux was caught on camera lying on the turf kicking at some Bills players who were hitting him while he was on his back. Williams shoved an unidentified Bills offensive lineman in the end zone. 

Great reporting.....unidentified offensive lineman🤣

I didn't know incognito was back on the team.

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I’ll keep echoing - 

dawkins/thibodeaux being my offsetting and swept under the rug wouldn’t bug me. Both sides chippy and no one at risk of real injury…. so get it on record in case of continued issues and move on

away from the play and after the play clobbering a guy and resulting in injury should be an ejection. The precedent it sets and behavior encouraged by lumping it all together is dangerous. That it wasn’t enven an escalated fine really does surprise me too. 

Yeah, $11K to these players is like $11 to us.  That’s supposed to be a punishment?

On 10/16/2023 at 1:31 AM, Richard Noggin said:

Unfortunately, the only action will be taken this week, and it will be pointless fines that these particular well-paid players won't even notice. Maybe if the kicking in the head thing is obvious there might be some potential for a suspension...but I didn't even catch that from my vantage (which is actually pretty perfect to see that all unfold, down near that goal line on the Bills side). You miss a lot of details in person. You see some things with amazing clarity, but you just can't take it all in on every play. And you definitely don't get any info from the PA system or replays. 

If the Bills PA system were to be "unplugged", I don't think anyone would notice.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.