Frank Clark...of interest?

beebe

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We don't need a Defensive End. We're stacked there. 

All of these trade posts are being made for positions where we don't need help when we don't have money to begin with.

If a Linebacker or a Cornerback becomes available, those will be the only positions we should try and make something happen with. And it would take a lot of work.

The acquiring team takes on a vet min salary, unless I looked at it wrong 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes but need for your team still has to dictate. Obviously, if the player fits a need you go all in if another contender is trying as well. But if it just to stack a player at a position you don't need filled it's a waste of cap space and possibly hindering the opportunity to shore up your squad in another area. 

For the Bills right now EDGE is not a need. 

Correct. I wasn't really referring to Clark. I meant more in general. Like when it was reported that the Chiefs were also in on dhop. I was all for paying him more just get him away from the Chiefs. WR2 is a need and that was one I was for snagging from the Chiefs if possible. Luckily, he went to the Titans lol

1 minute ago, starrymessenger said:

Amongst units pass rushers are of premium value in the run up to and in the playoffs. If you've got a good group that you can make even better you might seriously consider it. Elite fronts can easily decide championships.

This.  Clark is cheap, can easily be added IF we want  (doubtful)   Also, call the Rams....

Von  Floyd  AD  ED  Clark  Greg  AJ

Rotate any combination of the above on 3rd downs.....  YES

NOBODY SAY ANYTHING!!! Let me live the dream for 30 seconds 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Haha (+1) 1

He’ll end up back in KC, and that’s fine.  He’s been in the league for 9 years.   I don’t see us investing in that resource.  We’ll just see more if Poona along with the rest.  Williams needs live reps to improve in his tracking.  Bernard has played great.

If we wanted to fleece MN or Denver, we should be targeting a CB.

3 hours ago, noacls said:

Gun charges and domestic violence charges. Sounds like a great idea

yeah im done caring about that if they think someone gets us over the hump. were not talking about dealing for watson, were talking rotational piece of the puzzle and a minimum salary. is anyone going to care that our 3rd DE had a domestic charge 5years ago if a key sack helps get us to the SB? if Rae Carruth could average 5recs, 65yds, .4tds per game id put a wall of fame for Lombardi Trophy clause in his contract

I

DO

NOT

CARE

our chorus of choirboys can offset 1dirtball 

59 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

So…who do you move out of the DE room? 

Lawson all day. cmon, shawq lawson or frank clark lol dont let our super fun goofy PR team trick you. shaq is a super-jag

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

We need a CB, LB (Klein/Dorian might be enough), and a playmaker on offense 

We have the 3rd offense in the league.  The other two are much bigger needs imo. 

47 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

We can trade him for Kincaid. We don't use him.  

It's actually Knox we aren't using. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Doubtful.  The Bills are stacked at EDGE with 6:

Von Miller

Greg Rosseau

Leonard Floyd

AJ Epinesa

Shaq Lawson

Jonathan Kingsley

Clark is likely not going to sign onto a PS.  So who do you move?  

The Bills what they’ve seen from Jonathan Kingsley and kept him over a former 2nd round pick.  

I guess you could swap Clark out for Shaq but Lawson is someone who knows the defense very well and does a decent job in his role.  

Unless there’s a major injury to this group (which isn’t out of the question given the injury luck this season), I can’t see the Bills trading or signing Clark 

Okay , you dont dump Dear Jonathan or Shaq for Clark  ?

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm about to put you onto something good and you are giving me your problems.

kellys-heroes-oddball.gif

Love the reference 😋

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

If a DE is out long term I think giving up a 6th is fine. But I just don't see the Bills adding a 6th DE to the roster esp with Kinglsey Jonathan actually showing signs of being a good player. 

I’d hold up on the Jonathan praise until he actually does something. Not saying he doesn’t have potential, but you know the old saying potential gets a coach fired. I’d much rather have a proven player like Clark who dominates in playoff games the a 6th DE with potential.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, SCBills said:

Honestly, yes.  

An argument is there to be made that we should make our fastball faster.  

Load up on the pass rush.  

Bring Von along slowly.. Allow EDGE dealing with a nagging injury to fully heal (Floyd, Rousseau) and then once everyone is healthy, we can kick Rousseau inside on passing downs. 

No better way to protect a sus secondary than with nonstop pass rush. 

With his pay cut, this is a cheap way to add another legit weapon to the defense. 

And the pendulum can swing back to Defense wins championships at least for this year as the Bills steamroller thru the playoffs with best defense while our offense is top notch as well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

We have the 3rd offense in the league.  The other two are much bigger needs imo. 

Both have 19 targets.  Package deal then.  :D 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

OUCH

Curious how many think I'm serious.  

LOL  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

Amongst units pass rushers are of premium value in the run up to and in the playoffs. If you've got a good group that you can make even better you might seriously consider it. Elite fronts can easily decide championships.

What would make anyone think Frank Clark is elite this year? Or even better than Kingsley Jonathan?

He's been healthy all year, unless I've missed something (which is definitely possible, please tell me if I missed some news about the guy). He's played like 30 snaps all year and doesn't have a sack. a QB hit or a pressure. 

Why didn't Denver play him if he was still looking good?

In the day, he was a hell of a player. Is he now? 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

What would make anyone think Frank Clark is elite this year? Or even better than Kingsley Jonathan?

He's been healthy all year, unless I've missed something (which is definitely possible, please tell me if I missed some news about the guy). He's played like 30 snaps all year and doesn't have a sack. a QB hit or a pressure. 

Why didn't Denver play him if he was still looking good?

In the day, he was a hell of a player. Is he now? 

He's an experienced physical player. His experience includes playoff experience in which he has been very productive. I assume he's now healthy but as far as current year production is concerned he's only played in two games (hip kept him out 3 games) and some 40 snaps. That tells you absolutely nothing about who this player is. Rather I'd look as his production as recently as last year, which was normal for him .Note especially his 2.5 sacks in the playoffs. If we are talking about a Broncos pass rusher that I wouldn't have touched with a barge pole , that would be Randy Gregory.

Frank Clark is a veteran money player with probably lots left in the tank. He's not a building block for the Bills but he'd be excellent in a playoff run - at least that's the bet you would be making. Pretty good one imo.

Of course I doubt the Bills go there. They may sometimes be conservative to a fault. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Im an optimist by nature and still am about this team.... but these BS tropes can die anytime. Nobody cares about this kinda shiz when we are prone to these awful performances every few games.  If we were 3rd and had the occasional blip of a game where we were inconsistent...... sure.  We didnt score on our first 8 possessions! Smoking the pants off the last 3 teams before Jax did nothing to help us win that game.

You can be the #3, and revert back to an average performance (avg per league standards) on the offense and still compete.... going out and looking like the Patriots offense in any game even once is unacceptable, and idgaf about "number 3 this". BE CONSISTENT. You cant afford to be top shelf, then plastic bottle well-drink every few games, and call yourself a top offense. Playoffs are not series, they are best of 1.

As teams get tougher each week, you cant lay a total egg on either side, expect the other side to lift you up, AND win a Super Bowl. 

We've seen our ceiling, its wonderful, magnificent even. We've seen our floor, too too much. Scoring 20 with Josh Allen, major L.  Going 3 and out all day, major L.  Going 3 and out repeatedly on a day (a week) where your defense has been absolutely rag-dolled with injuries, is UN-F******ACCEPTABLE

Dorsey didnt do his job towing the line. Bare minimum, at some point you call Josh over and say "hey this drive right here, go play madden if you need to, make something happen. we need first downs. we need some extra plays to get in a rhythm. we need extra plays so this defense can catch a breather"

We were never out of that game. We can not afford to lose those games right there.  An extra first down or two, literally one or two, and that game can finish completely different. 

#1 Go be a coordinator who can find a way to string together 2-3 first downs in a drive. Thats a very realistic expectation

#2 If you cant do that (just wow, im even saying that), GO TAKE THE GOVERNER OFF YOUR PRIZED RACECAR. Force a drive into existence, and see if that jump starts the team

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

FRANK CLARK IS BEING RELEASED!! Frank is another key veteran player that can help the Bills this season get to the SB. A solid DE that can set the edge and rush the passer. Please go get him Brandon!! 

Or does he just sign with the chiefs because he played there the last 4 years and he's a free agent?

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

FRANK CLARK IS BEING RELEASED!! Frank is another key veteran player that can help the Bills this season get to the SB. A solid DE that can set the edge and rush the passer. Please go get him Brandon!! 

Im sure the purpose of the restructure and the release is to allow him to go back to KC. There is nothing Beane can do about that.

11 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

How'd he only get 3.5 mil? 

Maybe we just overhyped him if no team was willing to pay more than that.

And our pass rush is phenomenal. Von Groot Floyd and AJ stepping up big an elite rotation.. 

Unless Clark can play inside

Yeah, but we had to play Vickers and Kingsley at DE last week. Is Clark a better option than them? 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

This is where Clark has to decide which team gives him the better chance to win a SB

I'd probably go with the team who's played in 3 of the last 4 Super bowls.  And the team that he already won 2 rings with.  With the same defensive coach that he's familiar with.  

The only way he doesn't end up in KC is if they just don't want him and think he's washed. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.