Football media and DaQuan Jones

dave mcbride

He’s arguably been the Bills best defensive player through 4 games and certainly in the first series of the Jax game (where he stoned a third and short), yet literally no one talks about him. Rich Eisen is a Bills fan, but my god, he knows nothing. What a bad, bad announcer. Say what you will about Romo, but he knows how good Jones has been and highlighted it. Eiden literally never said a word about Jones all game long despite the fact that the Bills biggest problem all game long was the absence of Jones.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

He’s arguably been the Bills best defensive player through 4 games and certainly in the first series of the Jax game (where he stoned a third and short), yet literally no one talks about him. Rich Eisen is a Bills fan, but my god, he knows nothing. What a bad, bad announcer. Say what you will about Romo, but he knows how good Jones has been and highlighted it. Eiden literally never said a word about Jones all game long despite the fact that the Bills biggest problem all game long was the absence of Jones.

Eisen is a tool. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Doing the dirty work isn’t sexy.

What the hell are you people talking about? Eisen is great. Always shows respect to the Bills even as a Jets fan. Might not be the best play by play guy but that's not his specialty.

I swear, some of you won't rest until every media member kisses every Bills player's ass. The tv product wouldn't be that great with a land of sal cappacios, believe me. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Thought he was a jets fan

Was at the game so didn't hear Eisen. All I know that in general he seems to respect Bills a lot.

As for Jones, I know I am in a minority, but I think we will miss him more than Milano. At least we have young guns in Bernard and Williams and we can hope that by the end of the season they will be at least solid LB duo, and they have a chance not to be a liability behind great Dline.

But Jones is the guy who holds the whole Dline together. Great vs run, very good as rusher. He makes everyone around him better. And as far as I know we don't have anyone behind him who could fill that role. Dline will be very different without him :(

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

Was at the game so didn't hear Eisen. All I know that in general he seems to respect Bills a lot.

As for Jones, I know I am in a minority, but I think we will miss him more than Milano. At least we have young guns in Bernard and Williams and we can hope that by the end of the season they will be at least solid LB duo, and they have a chance not to be a liability behind great Dline.

But Jones is the guy who holds the whole Dline together. Great vs run, very good as rusher. He makes everyone around him better. And as far as I know we don't have anyone behind him who could fill that role. Dline will be very different without him :(

I said in another thread that it’s so Billsy we want to debate which season ending injury was the worst 👎

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, mrags said:

I generally like and enjoy listening to Eisen as a show host. But boy oh boy was he terrible as an announcer today. Unbearable imo. 

Proably Jet lag.  I jest, he was horrible yesterday.  I really wish the NFL, would move away from national broadcast teams as the  only option, and in the various expensive streaming services allow fans to pick home team announcers (or away team announcers) properly synched to the game.  In this situation choices are good.  I suspect, they might find the majority of fans prefer to listen to the local guys rather than Collinsworth or Booger McFarland. 

13 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

most announcers don't know anything. They focus on star players and just say football cliches all game

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

They called Gabe Davis “sure handed”.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Proably Jet lag.  I jest, he was horrible yesterday.  I really wish the NFL, would move away from national broadcast teams as the  only option, and in the various expensive streaming services allow fans to pick home team announcers (or away team announcers) properly synched to the game.  In this situation choices are good.  I suspect, they might find the majority of fans prefer to listen to the local guys rather than Collinsworth or Booger McFarland. 

Is Booger still working in the booth, announcing games? Collinsworth is terrible, IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.