Defensive tackle situation

Toledo Bill

All our injuries are bad but I see our defense getting shredded against the run going forward.

DaQuan was such a force and his play really helped out Oliver. 

Phillips seems to do nothing but try to fire up the crowd, Settle never makes plays and no idea what’s going on with Poona Ford.

Of course the Milano  injury is huge but so is Jones injury.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Speaking of defensive lineman, was Von on the sideline in a ball cap because he was just on a strict snap count limit? 

Id lean towards yes, because the players were pretty vocal about the turf after the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

There is going to be no replacing what Daquan and Milano bring to the table for our Defense.  These injuries are far more devastating for the season outlook than the loss itself today :(

Big time.  Here we go again.  We can’t have nice things for very long 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Oliver played well even after Jones went out. I would expect Poona may be active going forward. 

Dorian Williams flashed a few times today. Sure, had a few rough snaps as well. But I'm excited to see what he may bring

This is where all the Beane offseason moves kick in (Poona, keeping lots of DBs, Rapp, drafting LBs high every year).  Let's hope it's enough.  

Josh may need to go dust off the cape.   

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

This is where all the Beane offseason moves kick in (Poona, keeping lots of DBs, Rapp, drafting LBs high every year).  Let's hope it's enough.  

He just needs to win the Top as much as he finds those boring he can kill any team when he's got the Clark Kent glasses on.

42 minutes ago, ProcessTruster said:

Drafting LBs high? You mean the only one we did draft high and let walk?

2 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

All our injuries are bad but I see our defense getting shredded against the run going forward.

Phillips seems to do nothing but try to fire up the crowd, Settle never makes plays and no idea what’s going on with Poona Ford.

Hello from Jax.  Rough game today and rougher being a bills fan down here. Just wanted to say hey as i miss Toledo. Spent great years there in med school and did my residency at ST V’s/ MERCY/TOLEDO /FLOWER hospitals. I am 66 now , had a great 40 plus year career thanks to the under rated and great hospitals in that area.  

Was a great city too with nice parks / nightlife as i was in my mid 20’s!    These injuries are to game changing type guys.  Not possible to just find the same caliber to plug and play. Like last year, this might be too much to overcome.   The bengals looked bad until today as BURROWS looked good today. Doesn’t look like luck is on the bills side once again; maybe there is something to the madden curse given these last two weeks.  Best wishes, enjoy the fall weather we just don’t get much of here in Jax fl!  

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Eli Ankou got snagged a few days too early.  

This is why Poona was brought in.  

So the question is why was Kendall Vickers activated from the practice squad before former starter Poona Ford got a game jersey? Was Ford injured? In the dog house?

10 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

Poona was inactive, but probably not going forward

10 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Poona Ford bulks up to 500, and Bills resign Michael Jasper. That’s 1,000lbs of run stuffing. 

i bet this coaching staff could have made something of Jasper, guy had so much physical talent

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Id lean towards yes, because the players were pretty vocal about the turf after the game. 

i thought they had the best turf ever over there

7 hours ago, gobills404 said:

Daquan was the absolute last player on this defense I wanted to see get hurt due to the terrible depth behind him. Not saying he’s the best player on the defense, but I feel MUCH better about Dorian and the backup CBs than I do about Phillips/Settle/Ford.

This. I just wrote similar thing in Eisen thread. We will miss Jones more than Milano imo. Losing him is a disaster.

11 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

There is going to be no replacing what Daquan and Milano bring to the table for our Defense.  These injuries are far more devastating for the season outlook than the loss itself today :(

Is there word on DaQuan after "doesn't look good"?

7 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

So the question is why was Kendall Vickers activated from the practice squad before former starter Poona Ford got a game jersey? Was Ford injured? In the dog house?

He is a guy that can play outside or I side.   They needed an end type.  Ford has not been good from what I read but he is a one tech and a decent type to replace Jones.  He has to step it up.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.