Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

If Milano is out for the season, like it is looking, I'd like to see Beane go get a premiere middle linebacker via trade, I don't care if it cost a number 1 next year, losing Milano was huge. Not to mention Tre last week. Our offense is fine. Defense needs to continue playing the way it has been. Get it done Beane. Superbowl or Bust for us this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, AZSanta said:

If Milano is out for the season, like it is looking, I'd like to see Beane go get a premiere middle linebacker via trade, I don't care if it cost a number 1 next year, losing Milano was huge. Not to mention Tre last week. Our offense is fine. Defense needs to continue playing the way it has been. Get it done Beane. Superbowl or Bust for us this year. 

100%.

I don’t understand any hesitancy to tossing next years 1st to get that done. The draft is such a crap shoot (ELAM). Go get a guy that can come close to Milano. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Just go and pick one up off the shelf and somehow squeeze them into our cap situation, like magic. We're probably not doing that, Milano should be back next year whatever the news we get is, we're more likely to try and work with the depth we've got or bring in a low rent vet. I mean the LB we drafted this year only really got reps at the same spot as Milano.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Warcodered said:

Just go and pick one up off the shelf and somehow squeeze them into our cap situation, like magic. We're probably not doing that, Milano should be back next year whatever the news we get is, we're more likely to try and work with the depth we've got or bring in a low rent vet. I mean the LB we drafted this year only really got reps at the same spot as Milano.

It’s not Magic, no. But it’s why Beane collects a paycheck, to figure it out. And he’s good at it. 

It all depends how long we think this “window” stays open. We had a world class defense. Milano was SO important to that that we aren’t anymore. We are very good. But unless we find help at LB and in the secondary, we’ll be lucky if the week 18 Miami game is even meaningful. 

• Agree 1

I blame myself. As a UK Bills fan of 35 years, I remember seeing the 1990 London game (which the Bills won). I've been over to Buffalo 6 times and the Bills have won every game I've seen. The only time I'd seen the Bills lose was 8 years ago when I took my family to see the Jags game. Today I took my family to see the Jags game - and we lost. Next time my family stays at home!

16 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Milano isn't a MLB. 

19 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Sounds good… who exactly has a premium LB they want to trade ???

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, QLBillsFan said:

Sounds good… who exactly has a premium LB they want to trade ???

I don't know what the Broncos have but I read they'll listen to trade offers for any player on their defense.  I know their defense hasn't been very good but maybe they have some one that could help us?

1 hour ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38387165/bills-owner-terry-pegula-made-racist-comment-lawsuit-alleges
Got a feeling there’s going to be much more drama off the field in regards to Pegula’s past statements and sentiments then there is attention to the team.  Whether or not Kim had a prenup or has one and if she can regain the team control as she’s been the major contributing factors towards the teams success.  Think the cardiac episode is from when this first slowly started making the rounds and she realized what she married.  

September 12th just called. It would like it's thread back.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillAndPhilFan said:

I blame myself. As a UK Bills fan of 35 years, I remember seeing the 1990 London game (which the Bills won). I've been over to Buffalo 6 times and the Bills have won every game I've seen. The only time I'd seen the Bills lose was 8 years ago when I took my family to see the Jags game. Today I took my family to see the Jags game - and we lost. Next time my family stays at home!

NOW we know who to blame for that loss eight years ago!  Just make sure you leave the unlucky family at the house, go to the rest of this season's games, and we'll be good.  :D

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

I think you can see what Dorian Williams can do for the next few weeks before you make a move. He looked decent out there today. 

Get closer to the deadline and see what help you may need. What you have depth wise may be solid enough and your resources can be spent elsewhere

• Like (+1) 2

Hopefully Poona can step up. Gonna need him with Jones down.   

After losses

its the officiating

its the play calling

its the field

Its the unfair advantage 

it’s the injuries

ita the sports science 

after wins

allen is MVP

this team can’t lose

i can’t believe how much all the other teams suck. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

After losses

its the officiating

its the play calling

its the field

Its the unfair advantage 

it’s the injuries

ita the sports science 

after wins

allen is MVP

this team can’t lose

The London thing was/is a legitimate thing to mention about this game. It has never happened (a team playing in London against a team playing back to back weeks in London) to any team before so it is a valid part of the analysis of this game. 

That being said fans overreacting to games is a huge part of team message boards. If it weren’t for the Jones/Milano injuries this game wouldn’t be a big deal in my opinion. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, AZSanta said:

Might be Edmunds is available 🤓

• Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

After losses

its the officiating

its the play calling

its the field

Its the unfair advantage 

it’s the injuries

ita the sports science 

after wins

allen is MVP

this team can’t lose

You forget the same 10 or so who blame Allen for it not being a sunny day. After every loss regardless of how many drops it’s Allen’s fault. 

As much as I think the Brits are welcoming hosts, these "home" games are such a disadvantage for our team with travel and time adjustments.

This team has more than enough injuries. Tough this year with Tre and then Milano both gone for the year, but it is still early in the season and a chance for others to step up. Poona was brought in to rotate with Jones so we will see what he has left in the tank.

Elam looked shakey in coverage and Hyde is sufficient as a safety, but should not be playing man against speedsters. 

Deep breath and curse the NFL schedule-makers and life goes on folks. I thought  Josh played a decent game, but the penalties were ridiculously slanted and not in our favor during the game snuffing so many of our drives. Hard to get anything going when the hankies fly like that. 

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

Can anyone help me out and point me to where I can find the number of blitzes the Bills had today against the Jags?

Just want to know the number and proof of this to dispute someone I know who said the Bills were burned "blitzing on third down every time." I doubt they did this much and it was more likely simulated pressure most times.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Garbage time?  If the Bills make the stop on that 3rd & 6 that Lawrence hit the big pass on the Bills have the ball with 2 minutes left needing a TD to win.

A modicum of offensive competence for 50 minutes of the game and we wouldn't be talking woulda, coulda, shouldas. 

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Well you being impressed is clearly what matters 

That's a big ad hominum leap. But hey, deal how you have to deal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I lived in the UK for 2 years and was back and forth across the pond multiple times.

I can assure you that young, professional athletes don’t suffer from the same ailments that your normal Joe does. Especially the way the Bills scheduled the first day in the UK and what they have at their disposal.

The Bills failed to execute on offense today and it cost them a ball game. Jet lag didn’t. 

Guess I don’t buy that young professional athletes don’t suffer the same ailments - particularly having been to Europe w several young athletes, who were all off kilter by the change (prob not enough booze as us non-professional athletes). 🙃

Obvi the “lack of execution” cost us (See: NFL Football), but Josh and crew haven’t been doing the thing for 2 years, so who knows the travel effect on them. 🤔

Last week they beat the highest scoring, “impossible to stop” team, this week they flew to a crazy different time zone, had a ton of injuries and looked a step slow.  You tell me… 🤷‍♂️ :beer: 

Good news, we’ll learn more next week… 🔥

The Jags made us one dimensional on offense.  And Dorsey did not adapt.  How many times did they call that delay to Cook out of shotgun formation?  And it did not gain a yard.  They showed the data on how good Josh has been with play action, but it was used minimally today.

We did not do what we do best on offense and let them dictate the terms.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The Jags made us one dimensional on offense.  And Dorsey did not adapt.  How many times did they call that delay to Cook out of shotgun formation?  And it did not gain a yard.  They showed the data on how good Josh has been with play action, but it was used minimally today.

We did not do what we do best on offense and let them dictate the terms.

Dorsey called 10 runs to RBs. Actually, less than that as some of those runs were called by Allen at the line (ALERT ALERT). 

Game was close most of the day. Absolutely no reason to completely abandon the run that quick. That in and of itself was a huge failure by Dorsey today.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’ve been a Dorsey critic last year, a Dorsey apologist so far this year, but this game is 75% on Ken “Shotgun” Dorsey and 25% on the drive killing drops (Knox, Davis, Cook, and Kincaid not reaching for the 1st).

Dorsey sucked. This game plan was a failure from the beginning and he should have abandoned it well before 6 mins left in the 4th quarter. Some games you just can’t run, and instead of trying the same shotgun draw over and over he should have ran Allen. I am convinced that if he had told Allen to start using his legs and called designed runs, between he and Diggs they could have won this game ugly. Where was Josh under center?? Where the HELL is Kincaid in the passing game?? Has this guy ever ran a seam route? WTF is Dorsey doing with our TE’s? Knox is invisible and when he’s not, he’s dropping balls. I am rapidly dropping off the Knox bandwagon.

Obviously running Josh didn’t happen. I’m disgusted with this offense. There is NO WAY we should only have 7 points after 3.5 quarters. I’m sorry, the Jags have a middle of the road D. They shut us down. Allen didn’t play great, he didn’t suck, he played pretty good. That should be enough to win against F’n Jacksonville. Dorsey flat out sucked.

Our D deserves a friggin medal except for Elam who should be shot into the sun. Down 6 starters, guys dropping left and right, and they still were making plays and keeping the team in the game. Yeah, there were more plays to be made but how many red zone turnovers can you force without the offense doing a damn thing to help?

Fk London, Fk Goodell, Fk the refs, Fk the turf, fk the Pats*, Fk everything I need another drink.

We are on to Cincinnati (New York)

PS Don’t get me started on the injuries. If Milano has a combo fracture/ACL that’s potentially career threatening. Daquan Jones is as big a loss as Milano he’s been playing at a pro bowl level. 

Edited by RunTheBall
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this. However, it too micro of a theme and point. 

Most Bills fans are beyond being good and having the team making the playoffs. Expectations are much higher and they should be. 

You have an elite QB for several years now. You have experienced players and multiple playoff appearances. The goal posts have clearly moved as they should be. Seems like they haven't moved much for you? Maybe I'm wrong here. 

I'm just not ok with great regular season records and a modest playoff experience. I think most want to see the Bills at a minimum in an AFC championship game. A super bowl appearance isn't an unrealistic goal. Thus far under an experienced and elite QB the Bills team hasn't even sniffed a SB appearance. Missed opportunities...At some point, you have to look at why this is happening? What changes need to be made? How can you get better? 

I don't disagree but I was making a "micro" point in response to those trying to insinuate Allen was a problem here or over the last few years.  The "Josh Allen Experience" that the poster was disparaging is the ONLY reason Buffalo has been relevant in the NFL over the last 4 years.

And for the record the Bills did sniff the SB in 2020 & 2021.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Offense can still carry team to SB

defense will just have to make so w less

Preparing for Allen and Diggs to go nuclear

Yeah the offense needs to figure it out, it feels like they have all the pieces to be a great offense. Yet game in and game out they make it look hard, they need to get things figured out.

• Like (+1) 2

The body clock disadvantage was huge.  I've harped on it all week.  I could not understand it.  But the rest of the excuses I'm gonna take a pass.  Every Bills loss seems to come with excuses.  Honestly, they could've flown out Monday night after the Miami game, been there Tuesday morning, and adjusted better.  I guess now, since they are not fully adjusted to UK time, there's no excuse coming home to play the Giants.  They should be fresh.  The injuries suck but some guys will step up big who we have no idea yet.

Just now, zow2 said:

The body clock disadvantage was huge.  I've harped on it all week.  I could not understand it.  But the rest of the excuses I'm gonna take a pass.  Every Bills loss seems to come with excuses.  Honestly, they could've flown out Monday night after the Miami game, been there Tuesday morning, and adjusted better.  I guess now, since they are not fully adjusted to UK time, there's no excuse coming home to play the Giants.  They should be fresh.  The injuries suck but some guys will step up big who we have no idea yet.

The Giants suck. If they can’t beat them then the season is over.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.