Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Oh trust me the "Bills are a bad team" threads haven't even begun to start yet. Allot of the fake fans couldn't start them last week so they have them locked and loaded lol. Trust me if you get easily upset over absurd reactions this week is going to be rough on here.

Been here since the beginning and I’ll be here till the end 🤣 - I know the rational TBD posters IRL and trust me, while today sucked, the same people that thought the season was over after the Jets game are the same that think it’s over now. 🙃

the Milano loss (?) is terrible, but this is still an elite team.  Get back home, get some rest, clean it up and LFG!!! :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

Been following this team since 1963. That was one of the most sorry-ass losses I've had to suffer through.  Great that Dorsey has perfected his "3 and out" offense. Devastating injuries. Our D, depleted and exhaused just needed the goddamn offense to put together a  drives. Pathetic. And whoever made the call to go to London on a Friday should be fired. The Jags had a huge advantage and it's likely why we suffered so many brutal injuries. In one week, our season looks at risk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Again, the Daboll element is not the point, the fact that the McDermott-Dorsey regime is not constructed to maximize offense is.  Daboll was OC when Josh Allen was 13 seconds from a home AFC-title game ... how did the Bills offense do against the Bengals last year, at home, in the same round of the playoffs?  It's unnecessary to post such crude remarks about other Bills fans.  You like the offense with this coaching crew, more power to ya.

I think the Daboll complaint is old at this point. Dorsey has proven to put up good games, I think his problem is adjusting when things aren’t going as expected at this point. Can’t blame Josh today, we didn’t get the run game going. If you want him to keep taking what the D is giving him you can’t be going backwards running the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Huh? Where are you making this up from? Thin air?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-quarterback-josh-allen-elbow-injury-surgery-offseason-mvp-patrick-mahomes-super-bowl#:~:text=Allen suffered a partially torn,didn't miss a start.
One of the mods made the same mistake.  Not making things up nor pulling them out of thin air.

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

To me the difference is how teams are going to prepare and attack the defense going forward without White, Milano and Jones.  

Sure feels like everything has changed and the bills are going to have to score 30 + every week to win or they will have to play like today where they limit big plays but get bled to death and lose multiple possessions per game.  

Its going to be really frustrating and the better teams on offense, Miami, KC, Cincy etc. are going to exploit this.  I am really worried about the run defense going forward also when we play the physical running teams, Philly, Dallas, new england.

The schedule had a look coming up where ibuffalo could stack some wins and get ready for that Cin, KC, Philly, Dallas run.   Now I feel like every game is going to be a tightly played difficult matchup.  

Cincy. Really. You must have been sleeping this season 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. K said:

Too soon to give up on the team. There are 12 more games. McDermott will find a way to get the DBs playing better. They still have enough good players to win a lot of games. 

Some of these subs and young players--Damian Williams, Kincaid, Torrance--are going to get better. Maybe even Elam, though it's hard to have faith in him after today. 

Call me crazy but I think Elam gets going eventually. McD is one of if not the best secondary coaches in the league and Elam had some nice jams and plays out there mixed in with a lot of his bad play. I trust McD to coach him up.

Keep this is in mind, Elam was completely inactive weeks 1-4 and then is thrusted into a starting role against a very good WR in Ridley. Oh and yeah play this game in London for the first time in your career against a team that not only plays there all the time but also played there last week.

Just not ready to write him off for a bad game against a good opponent and in tough circumstances 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’d be cool if the refs can bail us out when we have a bad game against a mediocre team like they do with kc…of course to us they do the exact opposite and make the game harder for us 🤣

The Josh should have dated a bigger movie star. I have a feeling that the Chiefs won't lose a game with Taylor Swift in attendance, at least if the league can halp it.

6 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not sure about the ACL still affecting Josh. Today, I think it was more about crappy play calling and execution. 

All execution imo…jags have a tough defense.  Can’t be dropping balls when you’re getting bad field position all game and your offensive line is not allowed to block without getting flagged 

we are once again giving our opponent 0 credit.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Too soon to give up on the team. There are 12 more games. McDermott will find a way to get the DBs playing better. They still have enough good players to win a lot of games. 

Some of these subs and young players--Damian Williams, Kincaid, Torrance--are going to get better. Maybe even Elam, though it's hard to have faith in him after today. 

I'm not giving up. Of course there is too much football to play. 

If we have learned anything over the last little while, it is that you can't just trust the science.

I said it earlier, while there is no perfect way to do this because it is totally ridiculous to be forced to fly half way around the world to play a football game in general, there was a much better way to have handle this.  We should have beaten Miami, left and arrived in England on Monday.  Had our traditional Tuesday off to recover and try to start acclimating to the time difference, and then had a somewhat normal week of practice starting Wednesday.  By game time, if nothing else, you would have been more prepared physically.  This is not to mention it would have given players more time to prepare for the stadium and the turf and what to have to wear to be as safe as possible. 

Instead, they waited.  No matter how much they won't admit it, when you have a big trip like that ahead of you, players are going to be overthinking it all week.  They knew the grind they were in for and instead of getting rid of that distraction early in the week, they let it weigh on their player's minds all week, distracting them from practice and learning the game plan. 

Regardless, these international games are absolutely insane and I hope it's a decade before we are forced to do it again.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Keep telling yourself that this is a quality team.  The joke will be on you after the next season ending loss.  You have them winning the SB in 2023, I know. 

Oof. 🙄🙄🙄

Just now, Green Lightning said:

Been following this team since 1963. That was one of the most sorry-ass losses I've had to suffer through.  Great that Dorsey has perfected his "3 and out" offense. Devastating injuries. Our D, depleted and exhaused just needed the goddamn offense to put together a  drives. Pathetic. And whoever made the call to go to London on a Friday should be fired. The Jags had a huge advantage and it's likely why we suffered so many brutal injuries. In one week, our season looks at risk.

Suffer through? I think it is time to put things in perspective.  It’s just a sport dude..  unless you are on the payroll.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

I’m not picking on you but could you give me one instance in the game where flying in when they did could be seen?

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I was speaking of saying Dorsey didn't want to be back.

They have real process problems under McD.  Game planning was a joke on offense.  Not using the tight ends.  Not adjusting to the officiating.  Stupid punt return.  Travel logistics.  This stuff just keeps happening under McD enough times per year that it costs them homefield advantage.

Also: Gabe straight up sucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Cincy. Really. You must have been sleeping this season 

They will get better as the season goes on and Burrow gets healthier.  I imagine they will be right in the thick of their division and the AFC when we get close to xmas. 

That offense attacking a bills defense without white, milano and jones will be a big problem.  

I hope they do collapse but I just don't see it.

• Agree 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

They have real process problems under McD.  Game planning was a joke on offense.  Not using the tight ends.  Not adjusting to the officiating.  Stupid punt return.  Travel logistics.  This stuff just keeps happening under McD enough times per year that it costs them homefield advantage.

Also: Gabe straight up sucks.

It’s Dorsey dude, McD was getting decent defensive production out of Vickers and Ingram for Pete’s sake.

Dorsey may be a decent QB coach but that’s his ceiling. 

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Keep telling yourself that this is a quality team.  The joke will be on you after the next season ending loss.  You have them winning the SB in 2023, I know. 

Lol last week must of been tough for you, honestly I can respect the trolls who still showed there face after last week. Only coming around after the Bills lose and then troll is very very weak minded. Come on lil guy do better then this I feel embarrassed for you tbh this is sad.

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Your act is getting a little old you only come out when they lose a game it’s just sad at this point. 

Act?  The Bills losing act is wearing a little thin.  It’s needs decade after decade of losing.  There, fixed it for you.

• Vomit 1

Just now, Beast said:

I’m not picking on you but could you give me one instance in the game where flying in when they did could be seen?

Out of sync, they looked like they were running in jello. Uncharacteristic holding and interference because they were not at their best, and finally multiple injuries only to the Bills. This team was not ready to play and they looked jet-lagged.

• Agree 6

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Teams have tried pretty much everything from going over super early to going how the Bills did. If it worked better going over early, teams would still be doing that since that's what they initially tried. 

It was found to have the LEAST effect on performance going over late which is the standard protocol now, but it's still significant.

Not my (non athletic) experience.    Plus you could see the Bills were just plain off, which is how jet lag manifests itself,  versus the Jags who were there for over a week.  IMO the "standard protocol" should be looked at hard. But I'm no high priced NFL consultant.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Sandhill Mike said:

So what does the NFL do?  Run an ad campaign showing them scripting games and the season.  I'm sure Chiefs fans think those commercials are hilarious.

Crackdown on inconsistent officiating.   Makes the rules less subjective.  Audit from an independent third party on each official throughout the season.  

This isn't "boo hoo the Bills lost" to me.  This is more of officiating is getting worse every year and it is getting out of hand. 

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Josh should have dated a bigger movie star. I have a feeling that the Chiefs won't lose a game with Taylor Swift in attendance, at least if the league can halp it.

Carrie Underwood cost Tony Romo a year.  Maybe Kelce falls in love, gets dumped, has Swift write a grammy-winning album about how awful he is, and his play goes to sh!t.  ;)

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Fr, you can’t honestly say you watched the Bengals this season and envy them

Envy?  What are you talking about?

They have had a slow start and I am betting they will rebound and play well as the season goes on.  

What I have noticed since coming to this site is the week to week ness if you will in the reactions of people who seemingly have short memories and do not see the big picture.

and again ENVY?  that aint me, I do not envy anything about Cincy.  

14 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Like when we only put up 16 at the Titans? 17 at the Chiefs? 16 at the Steelers? SIX against the Jags? 15 in a miserable performance at home to the Colts? 10 against the Pats (albeit that was the wind game). Overall, the offense played fine under Daboll but then it has since for the most part. Yes, the Bills have nightmare games under Dorsey but they had them under Daboll too.

I want Dorsey as a HC.  Not an OC. 

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Lol last week must of been tough for you, honestly I can respect the trolls who still showed there face after last week. Only coming around after the Bills lose and then troll is very very weak minded. Come on lil guy do better then this I feel embarrassed for you tbh this is sad.

I’m tired of this team losing.. your should be too.  Or maybe you love it and are content with it.  Either way, I feel that a Buffalo deserves better.  Maybe you are perfectly fine rooting for a loser.  I’m not.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CodeMonkey said:

Not my (non athletic) experience.    Plus you could see the Bills were just plain off, which is how jet lag manifests itself,  versus the Jags who were there for over a week.  IMO the "standard protocol" should be looked at hard. But I'm no high priced NFL consultant.

The NFL teams who have already tried this many times, making this an apples to apples comparison to the Bills don't care about your oranges to apples comparison you are trying to make.

8 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I noticed you haven't posted here since 9/17.  What happened?! Ohh, that's right. The Bills won some games and you disappear. But come time to sniff a loss and here you are!! 

You should reply to my post by saying that anyone who criticizes this team gets shunned on here, and that you're a realist and anyone who remains positive is just drinking the kool aid for this ***** team. 

Then continue to post all week about firing people, cutting players and the errors of this regime. 

And then after we throttle the NYG on SNF and win some more games afterwards, disappear again...only to emerge from under your bridge once we inevitably lose a other game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bills lack wr’s who can make a cut and create space. That would have been a good game to have had an andy isabella type imo. Still surprised he was cut. 

also, the 2nd and 10 runs with cook seriously need to stop. There have been over 15 of them this season and not one has gotten us a 1st down. Why purposely put yourself in a 3rd down situation.

Edited by JROC INTEL
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.