Mike Evans heaping praise on Bills WR's

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Crazy conjecture: did he says Diggs because he wants to come here? And if so — put on your tin foil hats now — did he call Davis underrated so that if he comes here, he's not going to have a problem with Gabe?

Think About It GIF by Big Potato Games

What WR wouldn't want to play with Allen?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Crazy conjecture: did he says Diggs because he wants to come here? And if so — put on your tin foil hats now — did he call Davis underrated so that if he comes here, he's not going to have a problem with Gabe?

No tin foil hat needed, we basically just signed him... they just need to finish the paperwork

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wait, wait, wait.

DK Metcalf's All Time #1 WR is... ANTONIO BROWN?!?!?! Over Moss, Rice, etc...

I'd say DK needs to be drug tested, but the NFL doesnt care about those types of drugs anymore (rightfully so).

Obviously ridiculous. But I will say, if he didn't turn into a complete nutjob, he was probably on his way to being a Top 5 WR of all time. He was so good in his prime. 

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What WR wouldn't want to play with Allen?

My crazy conjecture part is Evans kissing Gabe's but so that if he comes here the two will still get along, even though Evans would take away his #2 spot.

Edited by Nephilim17

27 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Or ... is he saying Gabe Davis is underrated in an attempt to prompt a 1:1 trade?

😵

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bucs have a real shot of winning that division. They're not trading anyone. If the Bengals keep losing, the Bills might be able to get Tee Higgins but that would be a rental as he'll get WR1 money from someone this offseason.

Never happening...the Bills are not spending high draft capital for a rental player.  People playing Madden Franchise mode too much again.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Never happening...the Bills are not spending high draft capital for a rental player.  People playing Madden Franchise mode too much again.

I was just trying to think of good WRs on losing teams in response to people wanting to trade for a player who won't be traded.  Broncos might part ways with someone like Jerry Jeudy, but I'm not sure that he's any better than Gabe at this point and he's always hurt. 

20 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Mike Evans in a Bills uniform next to Diggs…yeh think I have a better chance of hitting the Powerball but man you just terrified every defense coordinator in the league. 

He is tall - he will stand next to Knox and Kincaid.  He is actually taller than the TEs.

Edited by Limeaid

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

The Bucs have a real shot of winning that division. They're not trading anyone. If the Bengals keep losing, the Bills might be able to get Tee Higgins but that would be a rental as he'll get WR1 money from someone this offseason.

The Bengals would rather, let a franchise player rest and heal and potentially lose a game or two so that key player is healthy for more important games down the stretch, than trade a good player to us even if he was only here for a year.

Mike Evans is on the last year of his contract maybe he's looking ahead.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wait, wait, wait.

DK Metcalf's All Time #1 WR is... ANTONIO BROWN?!?!?! Over Moss, Rice, etc...

I'd say DK needs to be drug tested, but the NFL doesnt care about those types of drugs anymore (rightfully so).

He's young (25). That means he was 6 when Jerry Rice retired at 42. Just doesn't remember seeing him in most of his prime because he wasn't born yet.

• Like (+1) 1

I think Gabe has been better this year, he is becoming a TD machine and generating firm "WR2" production. I wish he would get a little more volume to take some pressure off of Diggs as he has had two games thus far with just 1-2 receptions (the Commanders game and Jets game) I think his worst games should still see him get 3 receptions for 40+ yards and he should be consistently getting 4-5 receptions a game with 60+ yards with a few "monster games" sprinkled in.

He currently is on pace for about 935 yards, 12 TDs and 51 receptions. Outside of TDs which he had a respectable 7 of last season, he isn't outpacing last year's numbers dramatically. But what's encouraging is that his catch rate is 66.7% which is about league average but far and above the best of his career (his previous being 56.66%) given that the offense is getting more consistent I suspect Gabe's production will ramp up and he will if healthy likely finish with over 1000 yards, 60-65 receptions and 10 TD's which should get him paid nicely either by the Bills if he wants to stay and take less or by another team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sunshynman said:

Man I wish we traded for Evans this offseason. It would have been a SB winning move!

Just think, we could have drafted him instead of Sammy Watkins.  

Just sayin'. 

Then again, we could have drafted Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald instead of Watkins too.  

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Just think, we could have drafted him instead of Sammy Watkins.  

Just sayin'. 

Then again, we could have drafted Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald instead of Watkins too.  

I was so in on Evans over OBJ, Watkins and the other dud.

I liked Mack but boy he has been on some ***** teams. Donald would have been nice. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

I was so in on Evans over OBJ, Watkins and the other dud.

I liked Mack but boy he has been on some ***** teams. Donald would have been nice. 

Completely agree.   I never understood Watkins over Evans.  

Unfortunately Tampa's excellent start has taken M Evans out of the in-season trade market.  And like how the odds for DHop took a dive when a trade was not able to be made, the odds to the Bills took a hit with the lack of in-season trade. 

But if the market is as bad for M Evans next year as it was for DHop there is a chance.  If M Evans is only a $3-4M excess over G Davis it's possible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.