Mike Evans heaping praise on Bills WR's

Big Turk

7 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Gabe has been better this year, he is becoming a TD machine and generating firm "WR2" production. I wish he would get a little more volume to take some pressure off of Diggs as he has had two games thus far with just 1-2 receptions (the Commanders game and Jets game) I think his worst games should still see him get 3 receptions for 40+ yards and he should be consistently getting 4-5 receptions a game with 60+ yards with a few "monster games" sprinkled in.

He currently is on pace for about 935 yards, 12 TDs and 51 receptions. Outside of TDs which he had a respectable 7 of last season, he isn't outpacing last year's numbers dramatically. But what's encouraging is that his catch rate is 66.7% which is about league average but far and above the best of his career (his previous being 56.66%) given that the offense is getting more consistent I suspect Gabe's production will ramp up and he will if healthy likely finish with over 1000 yards, 60-65 receptions and 10 TD's which should get him paid nicely either by the Bills if he wants to stay and take less or by another team. 

Ehh.........Gabe Davis averaged 77 yards per game in his first 4 games played last year and just 55 ypg this season.

He had almost 6 targets per game last year...........that proved to be far too many...........the very few things Gabe can do well are things you don't want Josh Allen trying to force 6 times per game.

Personally,  I think about 4 per game is just right for him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Just think, we could have drafted him instead of Sammy Watkins.  

Just sayin'. 

Then again, we could have drafted Khalil Mack or Aaron Donald instead of Watkins too.  

Just one different pick in the draft would mess with the time space continuum and who knows what players we would’ve ended up with. One individual player would change the course of history with wins and losses and give us an unlimited amount of unquantifiable events. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I think Gabe has been better this year, he is becoming a TD machine and generating firm "WR2" production. I wish he would get a little more volume to take some pressure off of Diggs as he has had two games thus far with just 1-2 receptions (the Commanders game and Jets game) I think his worst games should still see him get 3 receptions for 40+ yards and he should be consistently getting 4-5 receptions a game with 60+ yards with a few "monster games" sprinkled in.

He currently is on pace for about 935 yards, 12 TDs and 51 receptions. Outside of TDs which he had a respectable 7 of last season, he isn't outpacing last year's numbers dramatically. But what's encouraging is that his catch rate is 66.7% which is about league average but far and above the best of his career (his previous being 56.66%) given that the offense is getting more consistent I suspect Gabe's production will ramp up and he will if healthy likely finish with over 1000 yards, 60-65 receptions and 10 TD's which should get him paid nicely either by the Bills if he wants to stay and take less or by another team. 

Outside of Diggs I think it's going to be hard to get a lot of volume in this offense because Allen seems content to spread the ball around to whoever the D leaves open now...

• Like (+1) 1

Will be interesting to see the post game handshakes after the Bills trounce the Bucs. Evans will prolly have some nice long chats with a few guys. And so far this season, opposing coaches have had longer than normal interactions with McD and Allen. Especially Josh McDaniels. I think he was looking for a future job offer after the Bills destroyed his team. I think he would really like the chance to work with JA. But Dorsey has been picking up his playcalling the last few weeks. Three straight wins by 4 TDs?? Not too shabby. Especially after the last beat down came against the majority of talking heads most unstoppable NFL offense, and MVP frontrunner. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.