Humble me before the jags game

nuiwek

Over the last few years, after a couple of good games (and especially after a fish @&$ whooping) I start feeling like Buffalo is unbeatable. With the sushi beatdown and all the amazing stats I've seen over the past couple days plus the analysis videos (thanks Cover 1!) I'm pretty freaking in the clouds. Problem is, almost every time I get to this point, we lay an egg in the next game. But, when I feel like there's a good chance we'll lose or that a win is going to be much tougher than it has any right to be, we usually win. So humble my old @&$, why are the Bills going to lose Sunday? I already know that Diggs doesn't move on run plays.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, nuiwek said:

Over the last few years, after a couple of good games (and especially after a fish @&$ whooping) I start feeling like Buffalo is unbeatable. With the sushi beatdown and all the amazing stats I've seen over the past couple days plus the analysis videos (thanks Cover 1!) I'm pretty freaking in the clouds. Problem is, almost every time I get to this point, we lay an egg in the next game. But, when I feel like there's a good chance we'll lose or that a win is going to be much tougher than it has any right to be, we usually win. So humble my old @&$, why are the Bills going to lose Sunday? I already know that Diggs doesn't move on run plays.

No matter how the Bills won, it only counts as one win. American football is a game of matchups. The Bills match up well with the Dolphins and not so well with the Jets. I have no idea how we match up with the Jags, as we haven't played this version of the team yet. I have no idea how it will play out.

• Agree 1

Well Josh did lay an egg week #1 this year.

With that said, I think that game may have helped to mature him.  He really does seem to be playing much more “take what they give you ball.”  There is no doubt that Josh has out of this world talent.  However, this strength can also be his weakness as he can try to do too much, too often.

We are seeing more players on the team shine this year, on both sides of the ball.

The problem with Jacksonville is they have Josh Allen too.

And when Josh Allen faces Josh Allen it creates a bubble in the very fabric of spacetime which confobulates the time continuum, resulting in scenarios where even Urban Meyer can beat us. in this dimension ducks might wear top hats, fish might serenade the moon with love songs, and Sean McDermott is a humble flea merchant.

Trust me, i'm Einstein.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nuiwek said:

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Well Josh did lay an egg week #1 this year.

With that said, I think that game may have helped to mature him.  He really does seem to be playing much more “take what they give you ball.”  There is no doubt that Josh has out of this world talent.  However, this strength can also be his weakness as he can try to do too much, too often.

We are seeing more players on the team shine this year, on both sides of the ball.

You started out good than made me feel better about this game

The Jags, under Urban Meyer, beat us last time

Tre White is out

Big Josh Allen intercepted, sacked and had a fumble recovery on Josh Allen

This is basically a home game for the Jags

If we win, it’s because we’re supposed to, if we lose, we suck

Everything good eventually ends

22 minutes ago, nuiwek said:

No team is unbeatable, but what the Bills have shown over the past 2 years is that they would need to turn the ball over multiple times, play very poorly overall AND still require a near miracle by the other team to actually win the game.  If they don't turn the ball over, I don't think they can be beaten.  

Josh simply needs to realize him playing the way he has the last 3 weeks will lead to 4th quarters off far more often than him trying to force the ball downfield and getting impatient.  If he plays that way, and they play a relatively clean game, I don't see them losing to anyone.

This game is going to be close.  

Don’t expect Groot to play.  

Trip over to London.  Where the Jags have been for 2 weeks.  

We’re coming off a monster win against a rival.  

We will begin life without Tre again.  

Need anymore reasons we need to take this game seriously?

I told you last week right after the Dolphins scored 70 that we were going to beat the ***t out of them and never wavered from that all week.  

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, nuiwek said:

There's an important difference now though compared to those times.....therefor (speaking for myself here although I'm sure many will agree) there's a different feeling in the air this time, one that is easy to see and very clear.

This time the Bills have a defense that is stronger, also they now have an Oline that has been desperately needed. This continues and keep healthy for the most part, this team can be amazing

22 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

FWIW, I truly think their travel plans are going to negatively affect them.  I was hoping they would fly to London on Tuesday so they’d have plenty of time to get acclimated to the time change.

Dancing With The Stars GIF

Honestly, the Jags being there for 2 weeks is a great unknown. They might come out super prepared and feisty. Match that against a Bills team that could be naturally lethargic. Plus, for whatever reason, Jacksonville historically plays Buffalo very tough, and this particular Jaguars team will have great confidence going against the Bills because of totally shutting them down in 2021.

I think this game is a problem.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

The problem with Jacksonville is they have Josh Allen too.

And when Josh Allen faces Josh Allen it creates a bubble in the very fabric of spacetime which confobulates the time continuum, resulting in scenarios where even Urban Meyer can beat us. in this dimension ducks might wear top hats, fish might serenade the moon with love songs, and Sean McDermott is a humble flea merchant.

Trust me, i'm Einstein.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523y1w4c7gm32rib8uvu

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.