On to the JAGS

TFBillsfan

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Bills are going to get clocked by the Jaguars tomorrow.

Still the best team in the NFL regardless.

The Buffalo News picked the Dolphins over the Bills, we know how that turned out.

The Buffalo News picked the Jaguars over the Bills, that will turn out similarly.

If will be a close game, but the Bills will prevail.

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

So you got up last week at 6 am and watched the jags and falcons? Or whatever other games that were played over there that didn't involve the Bills. Do you get up at 6 am to watch every London game? You said "at least this week" so that implies that I'm right. Unless your team is playing large amounts of people aren't waking up early to watch other teams. Usually a poor matchup as well. 

I'm an early riser and a big NFL fan.

For non-Bills games that start at 6ish am, if I'm not tuned in right at kickoff it'll be shortly thereafter.

12 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

She had “questions” that lasted 20 sec to ask. Wth. Her questions almost lasted longer than the professional’s answer. 

Seriously, don’t they teach you how to ask a question in whatever media school she attended?  Even Tasker, with all his media experience, cannot ask a direct question. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

She had “questions” that lasted 20 sec to ask. Wth. Her questions almost lasted longer than the professional’s answer. 

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Seriously, don’t they teach you how to ask a question in whatever media school she attended?  Even Tasker, with all his media experience, cannot ask a direct question. 

This is a common error even among "professionals."

Some of these people are so inarticulate that they struggle to construct a coherent question.

Others just like listening to their own voice.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 97bills said:

What’s going on with Poona ford , I really thought he was going to be a great signing, 

Ankou was far superior in preseason, I've beat that drum enough times.

Who's going to be the Bills' McTominay and spring off the bench to save the match? (Reference to Man United v Brentford today)

Edited by Ralonzo

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Ankou was far superior in preseason, I've beat that drum enough times.

Who's going to be the Bills' McTominay and spring off the bench to save the match? (Reference to Man United v Brentford today)

Never, ever reference the scum on here, please (and I don't mean Brentford)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Never, ever reference the scum on here, please (and I don't mean Brentford)

I can't help it, Flying Pig sucked me in. His minute-long rant about subbing Scottie in, followed by his immediate two goals is just worth the price of admission.

Edited by Ralonzo

6 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Yes, for Bills games. Did you wake up at 6am or 3am while you're deployed to watch jags vs falcons?  I said outside of the fans of the teams that are playing. You would be a fan of a team that's playing...

Misunderstood you then. Sounded like you were talking about this game.

In honor of the Bills playing in London, and just for a little bit of fun, I was thinking of which current Bill has the most British-sounding name.

My vote is for Christian Benford.

Most British sounding name in Bills history has to be Nigel Bradham. I always used to call him “The Butler” because of his name🙂.

I was watching College Football last week, and I noticed there was a kicker by the name of Atticus Sappington....I don’t think a name could sound more British than that!!

• Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I’m no engineer of field surface guru, but my first thought was that the soccer field is a hybrid natural/artificial surface lifted off the ground. And the NFL is full synthetic laid on a 1 inch rubber mat directly on the foundation/tracks of the stadium.

That has to hurt. Sheesh. 

It likely seems like it isn’t a huge deal. But even running on the sidewalk vs street as a normal human who occasionally jogs makes a huge difference on joint health. 

Edited by Mango
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, 97bills said:

What’s going on with Poona ford , I really thought he was going to be a great signing, 

I think they are keeping him inactive and on reserve, in case D.Jones gets hurt. Ford didn't really show out too much in the preseason or in the snaps he had in weeks 1-2 so I think they made him inactive weeks 3-4. I think he will continue to be inactive unless there is a DT injury. 

They don't really need Ford at the moment with how well Jones is playing. But it is good to at least have some sort of option off the bench in case Jones gets hurt. Last season Jones went down and the team had no run stuffing DT's on the roster. 

I loved the signing of Ford but thus far it hasn't panned out. Ford's play in Seattle last season declined, maybe he is fighting some sort of injury or personal issue? He is only 27 he should still be close to what he was in 2021 when he was a very good underrated player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I feel like she reads reports that we have all heard 10x like it's fresh news before she asks the question. Drives me nuts. It's like she doesn't have an original thought to contribute. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Vic Tafur of The Athaletic has Jags over Bills as both Best Bet and Upset Special. (Paywall)

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Von officially activated

Von to 53

Tre to IR

CB Ingram & DT Vickers elevated from PS

Ingram was night and day better this year than last preseason. Vickers was probably the best of the leftover interior DL apart from Ankou... but I didn't think interior DL is where they're having the numbers crunch? I assume this means Ford sits again.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Von officially activated

Von to 53

Tre to IR

CB Ingram & DT Vickers elevated from PS

Ingram being elevated points to Benford being a gametime decision/sitting out this one.

Vickers is interesting.  Wonder if they think he could bump out to Def end/play the Shaq role if needed.  That's a puzzling one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Ingram being elevated points to Benford being a gametime decision/sitting out this one.

Vickers is interesting.  Wonder if they think he could bump out to Def end/play the Shaq role if needed.  That's a puzzling one.

With Von activated, they still have 5 DEs even with Rousseau out.  The weakness on Jags is their interior oline.  Wonder if McD has something up his sleeve with the interior pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Not necessarily we're down White and even if Benford plays it'd probably be good to have depth there with him coming off an injury.