Bills Can Go For a Nice Run — Jags, NYG, @Pats, Bucs, @Bengals, Broncos & Jets

HIT BY SPIKES

Don’t want to count my chickens before I oven roast them however we have a very doable schedule until we play @Eagles, BYE and @Chiefs.

The Bucs game is in Buffalo.

The Bengals look vulnerable.

The rest of those 7 games we should be favoured by 7+ points.

Would love to go into our BYE week 11-1 or 10-2.

• Like (+1) 6

Jags next week is the toughest game. They have already been over here a week will be acclimatised. Bills only travel over late in the week. I am worried that will give them an advantage. Even though we are the better team. Get through next Sunday unscathed we are set for a nice little run through to the Eagles game.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Jags next week is the toughest game. They have already been over here a week will be acclimatised. Bills only travel over late in the week. I am worried that will give them an advantage. Even though we are the better team. Get through next Sunday unscathed we are set for a nice little run through to the Eagles game.

True but the Jags , especially Lawrence has looked bad. I still think we dominate them. I watched that whole game and just kept thinking how awful both teams looked. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

True but the Jags , especially Lawrence has looked bad. I still think we dominate them. I watched that whole game and just kept thinking how awful both teams looked. 

Hope so. But having done the US to UK flight a fair few times in my life the jetlag is a killer. I'm sure the Bills have a plan but I'd rather be in Jacksonville's position of having been here for 2 weeks. I do think the Bills should win but I expect an ugly, scrappy kind of game. It is our hardest game until Philly IMO. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 5

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Hope so. But having done the US to UK flight a fair few times in my life the jetlag is a killer. I'm sure the Bills have a plan but I'd rather be in Jacksonville's position of having been here for 2 weeks. I do think the Bills should win but I expect an ugly, scrappy kind of game. It is our hardest game until Philly IMO. 

There are two sides to this.   Yea the jags will be more conditioned to the time zone.  But they are also living out of suitcases vs in their own home practicing in their facility.  The bills can get it done.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

There are two sides to this.   Yea the jags will be more conditioned to the time zone.  But they are also living out of suitcases vs in their own home practicing in their facility.  The bills can get it done.  

I don't think one equalises the other. I also think the Bills can get it done. But I think this will be a tough game. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ya it probably is, and yes they'll have that advantage but I don't think they're close to our weight class right now. I actually picked Jax @ Buf for AFC title gm but Jax has looked very mediocre. and again,  Lawrence is not playing anywhere near the level he was at last half of last year. Thought adding a true #1 in Ridley would put them over the top 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If Von plays, there will be an extra juice. I hope he does, even if just a few plays.

The Jags can be dangerous, especially with their familiarity with overseas experience. I am confident we will beat them, but I do not see a blowout.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

At the same time, being away from home for two weeks, especially a foreign country, can have a negative affect.  

As to the entire idea of this thread: Didn't we learn anything about the NFL yesterday? Last week, every talk show told us how unstoppable the fish were. The fish were already booking their tickets to Las Vegas. They were making room for the Lombardi trophy in their display case. And then a game happened.

One game at a time, people, and you better be ready to play every game.

Hmmmm? Who do we play next? Oh, yeah., the Jacksonville Jaguars. That vial you have in your mouth right now comes from the memory you tried to bury deep in your brain of the last time we played them. Never forget how awful this following sentence is:

We lost to an Urban Meyer's coached football team--he did not even last the season that year.

One game, one week at a time, people, one game at a time!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya it probably is, and yes they'll have that advantage but I don't think they're close to our weight class right now. I actually picked Jax @ Buf for AFC title gm but Jax has looked very mediocre. and again,  Lawrence is not playing anywhere near the level he was at last half of last year. Thought adding a true #1 in Ridley would put them over the top 

I'm not sure Ridley is a "true" #1. He more like a 1B / very high end #2 in my mind. I think a true #1 remains a need on that team. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed and agreed.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This week is Von watch.  I like where you’re head is at in 11-1.

I think the Bills should wait till after the Jags game to play Von.  No need to play overseas.  Start fresh the following week.  

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think one equalises the other. I also think the Bills can get it done. But I think this will be a tough game. 

Agreed and agreed.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

As to the entire idea of this thread: Didn't we learn anything about the NFL yesterday? Last week, every talk show told us how unstoppable the fish were. The fish were already booking their tickets to Las Vegas. They were making room for the Lombardi trophy in their display case. And then a game happened.

Hmmmm? Who do we play next? Oh, yeah., the Jacksonville Jaguars. That vial you have in your mouth right now comes from the memory you tried to bury deep in your brain of the last time we played them. Never forget how awful this following sentence is:

We lost to an Urban Meyer's coached football team--he did not even last the season that year.

I agree with you mostly.

But, last week with the Fish, that was the media pumping up storylines.  The media helps pump up narratives for Vegas to be successful.

But, yes, one game and week at a time.  Weekly matchups and preparation can change a game in a big way.

Hopefully the Bills defensive game plan has helped other teams learn how to slow down the Dolphins offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm not sure Ridley is a "true" #1. He more like a 1B / very high end #2 in my mind. I think a true #1 remains a need on that team. 

Absolutely agree on this!

Not all teams have a #1 WR though.  But, agree the Jags are on that list of not having a true #1.

Only team that scares me after yesterday is the 49r's.  McCaffrey is unique, Aiyuk, Samuel, Kittle along with CMc may be better than the Cinci group.  QB is a game manager, but doesn't seem to make mistakes, Defense is nasty, Best front four in the league.

Edited by BearNorth
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

At the same time, being away from home for two weeks, especially a foreign country, can have a negative affect.  

Depends what the foreign country is! 

Thankfully London has some world class distractions. Jags, get out there tonight and every night until the wee hours to experience all of it!

• Haha (+1) 2

I kind of think we could lose this upcoming week with all the travel nonsense. Giants laid an egg against the Cowboys but have looked better. Maybe Burrow starts to heal up and the Bengals look better? Tampa Bay has looked okay this year.

I kind of think we drop one game in the stretch before the Eagles game, and I think it might be this week.

• Dislike 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

This team is vastly different from the one that lost that Jags game. Now we can actually lean on the run when Allen is having a crappy game. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t get the Jags hype. Lawerence has potential but he’s not consistent yet.

If we continue to play turnover free football and Josh continues to play within the game plan I don’t think it’s close. Of course, that’s why we play the game so we will see. I don’t take the Jags lightly, I just think they are one of the teams the NFL decided to hype this offseason.

Von won’t see the field next week and he shouldn’t. They are going to give him 2 weeks of practice to work his way into form and won’t risk him on an overseas trip on turf.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The tough part is going there and back that will make both of those games harder.

4 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

This week is Von watch.  I like where you’re head is at in 11-1.

I agreed with Romo yesterday - no reason to rush him back with the way the D is playing right now. 

Further, I dont mind easing him in when absolutely ready. Save the tread on the tires for December-February

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The last time the Bills played the Jags, they played horribly in Jacksonville and lost even though at that time the Bills had much the better team. Who knows why that is.  The Bills generally have the Dolphins' number but the Jags have had the Bill's number for decades, going back to the Jags eliminating the Bills from the playoffs in Kelly's last year.  

The time change is really going to work against the Bills, what with the Jags staying over after their game yesterday.  I think the Bills ought to be traveling to England tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.

8 hours ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Don’t want to count my chickens before I oven roast them however we have a very doable schedule until we play @Eagles, BYE and @Chiefs.

The Bucs game is in Buffalo.

The Bengals look vulnerable.

The rest of those 7 games we should be favoured by 7+ points.

Would love to go into our BYE week 11-1 or 10-2.

I expect the Bengals to turn it around by then.  Burrow's injury shouldn't linger that long.

With that being said, there isn't a single game we aren't more than capable of winning.  But we did lose to the Jets.  We also found a way to crap the bed in Jax two years back.  Expect the worse, prepare for the best. 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I expect the Bengals to turn it around by then.  Burrow's injury shouldn't linger that long.

With that being said, there isn't a single game we aren't more than capable of winning.  But we did lose to the Jets.  We also found a way to crap the bed in Jax two years back.  Expect the worse, prepare for the best. 

Bills have shown they are really good in revenge games. My guess is when the Bills play the Bengals it will get bad.... real bad. Their O-Line has no chance against the Bill's D-Line

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.