Ja’Mar Chase: “I’m open. I’m always ****ing open”

Alphadawg7

Uh oh…trouble in paradise?  Lol.  I caught heat here for saying Burrow was overrated and that Bengals won’t win their division this past offseason.  

Let see if the media treats Chase the same way they treated Diggs this off-season who actually seems pissed from actual games being played.  Let’s see if the media covers Burrows struggles over the whole season so far as harshly as they did Allen over just 1 game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

other than Mixon, and Hurst last year they were pretty classy toward us it seemed to me

It was just the elimination game that rubbed me the wrong way.

Eli apple being an idiot. Burrow saying “go get your refunds” referring to the neutral championship game.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Just curious… what’s the context this response is to? Is there a snippet of the proposed question from the reporter along with Chase’s retort?

Honestly dont know, it’s the only clip I’ve been seeing on Twitter, haven’t seen a longer one

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

I'm on record saying Burrow is the most overrated player in the league.

Is he as bad as he is playing right now? No of course not. 

Is he a good QB? Yes he's good

Is he's elite? No, and he never has been. 

I think you’ve got to define elite. 

hard to get too deep in any rankings without mentioning him near the top.

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Other than Mixon, and Hurst last year they were pretty classy toward us it seemed to me

Thank you.

Yes, there's a lot of good energy between our teams and cities that started with the Dalton to Boyd TD that beat the Ravens and gave McDermott his first playoff berth as Bills coach... and the ensuing donations to Dalton's charity.

I appreciated Zack Taylor's humanity when Damar went down.

I always want to beat our rivals but harbor no ill will towards the Bengals.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Burrow has always seemed like a statuesque/old school pocket passer to me that needs his oline to be playing at least pretty well to be successful.  Seeing them blame his injuries seems odd to me because he’s always looked like this imo 

The Bengals o-line in 2021 was abjectly terrible and Burrow covered for them to the point where he almost won a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m convinced a lot of these rankings are just staring at a stat sheet without any context lol 

a lot is regurgitated opinions but also if you call the top 5-6 elite, he’s going to be on that list for most if not all for a reason

It’s not like he’s 17th if suddenly being more objective 

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

One of the guys on ESPN radio tonight, recapping the games, ripped Joe Burrow.  Said his play has been pathetic and won’t use an injury as an excuse.  

Is this a talking head that thought Josh was trash like 5 minutes ago?

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Uh oh…trouble in paradise?  Lol.  I caught heat here for saying Burrow was overrated and that Bengals won’t win their division this past offseason.  

Let see if the media treats Chase the same way they treated Diggs this off-season who actually seems pissed from actual games being played.  Let’s see if the media covers Burrows struggles over the whole season so far as harshly as they did Allen over just 1 game.

The Bengals stink. Burrow is toast. They need to sit him. 

People don’t care about whinny receivers on bad teams. People like to talk about the ups and downs of either heart warming stories or winners. 

The Bengals are neither. Well only hear about their current downward trend but likely not Chase. This will come down to the staff and Burrow. 

Very different situations 

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Nah, i don’t know who the guy is, but he was saying Allen is the best QB right now in the league. He said i’ll live with a pick here and there if it comes with the kind of offense Allen produces 

Burrow is having an underwhelming season so far, but he’s a much better QB than what he’s showing. He doesn’t go from second in conversation to merely “good” after a string of bad performances. Would he be struggling this badly if he never injured the calf and had a full training camp/preseason? I doubt it.
I hope the Bengals end up something like 8-9 and just miss the playoffs because Burrow is more than capable of completely turning it around.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

a lot is regurgitated opinions but also if you call the top 5-6 elite, he’s going to be on that list for most if not all for a reason

It’s not like he’s 17th if suddenly being more objective 

I guess that depends on how much recency bias you’re factoring in so I can see both sides of this. burrows been mediocre at best so far this season but that doesn’t at all mean he won’t turn it around.

that second point is fair but the bengals have been shut down on offense for like 6 halves of football now.  Josh really only had one bad half and he bounced back pretty quick.  Idk that they’re gonna continue to struggle but I can see people being critical 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.