Ja’Mar Chase: “I’m open. I’m always ****ing open”

Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Allen didn't get the injury benefit of the doubt when he had an injury to his throwing elbow, which is more significant than a calf injury.  Its not like Burrow can't walk or something out there.  Not saying legs are not important to a QB, saying Allens injury was more impactful than Burrows yet all the talk was Allen is regressing, not that the injury could be impacting him.

Difference is that Allen, Mahomes, Rodgers, and Herbert have the arm talent to sling it without using their lower body. UCL on guys who don’t have to use their lower body can be more impactful. Either way they have to change the kinematics of their throwing motion which leads to issues.

That said, JA17 should have gotten the benefit of the doubt, but certain folks in the media wanted to maintain predraft narratives for some reason. 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, julian said:

Maybe this year Allen’s defense will give up 19 PPG in the postseason like Burrow has enjoyed in his playoff career and not the 29 PPG that Allen has had to overcome.

Some People are simpletons.

Way over simplified with that stat. (FYI it’s more like 22 pts for the Bengals D)  The fact is 3 years ago Allen and the O wasn’t ready, 2 years ago it was the coach who lost that game. Last year the entire team stunk against the Bengals, it wasn’t even as close as the score ended up.  Point is simple like it or not QBs are considered as good as the team has been around then. The Bills have fallen short the last 2 years of expectations while the Bengals have surprised them.. This Burrows gets the benefit of the doubt with the talking heads.. I think the calf is really bothering him and his ability to throw a good ball.  Last year

it wasn’t just Allen that looked off, the entire team did.. no one looked good week 17 and on… I think that’s also why people are waiting to see if the Bills fall apart again. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Way over simplified with that stat. (FYI it’s more like 22 pts for the Bengals D)  The fact is 3 years ago Allen and the O wasn’t ready, 2 years ago it was the coach who lost that game. Last year the entire team stunk against the Bengals, it wasn’t even as close as the score ended up.  Point is simple like it or not QBs are considered as good as the team has been around then. The Bills have fallen short the last 2 years of expectations while the Bengals have surprised them.. This Burrows gets the benefit of the doubt with the talking heads.. I think the calf is really bothering him and his ability to throw a good ball.  Last year

it wasn’t just Allen that looked off, the entire team did.. no one looked good week 17 and on… I think that’s also why people are waiting to see if the Bills fall apart again. 

That’s the point, saying Burrow has gone further in playoffs is the reasons for differing opinions of Allen and Burrow is over simplified.

That’s why I refer to those people as simpletons.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/2/2023 at 2:18 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Uh oh…trouble in paradise?  Lol.  I caught heat here for saying Burrow was overrated and that Bengals won’t win their division this past offseason.  

Let see if the media treats Chase the same way they treated Diggs this off-season who actually seems pissed from actual games being played.  Let’s see if the media covers Burrows struggles over the whole season so far as harshly as they did Allen over just 1 game.

Fair to see if they latch onto the Chase drama. But I think the media is already kinda killing Burrow. The only caveat is everyone is saying if he is not healthy he should sit and because there is still this cloud over his health status it is hard to know how much that has played a part.

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

People talk about Allen having a shortened career, but Burrow takes more hits in the pocket than I’ve seen since David Carr. 

Yep. Their offensive line has been woeful for years. In 2021 I think they had the wordt offensive line I have ever seen make a Superbowl. And in the end it was that line that cost them the game. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Yep. Their offensive line has been woeful for years. In 2021 I think they had the wordt offensive line I have ever seen make a Superbowl. And in the end it was that line that cost them the game. 

51 times he was sacked that SB year. I don’t think we’ll see an anomaly like that for a long time. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

But they looked all pro-bowl level vs. the Bills last year.   

12 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

51 times he was sacked that SB year. I don’t think we’ll see an anomaly like that for a long time. 

They made that Superbowl a bit by luck to be honest. Mahomes sucked in the second half of the AFCCG. Yes Cincy did some good things on defense but Mahomes played poorly. Just as well for our 4 in a row record or else KC would already have equalled it. 

15 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

The Bills didn't show up in that playoff game. Nobody should take anything at all from that game other than the Bills completely laid an egg. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They made that Superbowl a bit by luck to be honest. Mahomes sucked in the second half of the AFCCG. Yes Cincy did some good things on defense but Mahomes played poorly. Just as well for our 4 in a row record or else KC would already have equalled it. 

The Bills didn't show up in that playoff game. Nobody should take anything at all from that game other than the Bills completely laid an egg. 

Mahomes was beyond bad and they blew it just before the half.

As for Buffalo, the whole second half of the season despite the record just seemed off.  Add to that the weather, off field issues, Demar just made things worse.

Can go back and see countless threads discussing it and many scoffed at.

As bad as the D was vs. Cincy, Allen and offense was nearly as bad. 

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Mahomes was beyond bad and they blew it just before the half.

As for Buffalo, the whole second half of the season despite the record just seemed off.  Add to that the weather, off field issues, Demar just made things worse.

Can go back and see countless threads discussing it and many scoffed at.

As bad as the D was vs. Cincy, Allen and offense was nearly as bad. 

The second half of the season the Bills didn't play their best football. But they didn't play any football against Cincy in the playoff. And even if people want to compare it to the regular season game where the defense struggled on the drive and a half we saw, the offense went right down the field on them and just couldn't punch it in. In the playoff game the Bills put in their very worst performance. It sucks but that is what happened. They were just flat. 

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Did they really? As others have pointed out, the Bills were not at the races that day and it really didn't require that much to look good against us.

I know Chase has been great for them but passing on Penei Sewell was a head-scratcher for me

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The second half of the season the Bills didn't play their best football. But they didn't play any football against Cincy in the playoff. And even if people want to compare it to the regular season game where the defense struggled on the drive and a half we saw, the offense went right down the field on them and just couldn't punch it in. In the playoff game the Bills put in their very worst performance. It sucks but that is what happened. They were just flat. 

Again discussed over and over, incredibly flat and coaches/coaching/playcalling didn't help.  Let's hope November 5th (along with February 11, 2024) is circled on their calendars. 

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Vs the Bills backups and injured….. or do you not remember losing our 2 biggest offseason investments that were paid almost 30M last season between them?

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Vs the Bills backups and injured….. or do you not remember losing our 2 biggest offseason investments that were paid almost 30M last season between them?

And Cincy's line was held together by duct tape too.  Old news, over and done with and the Bills just were not great from November on last year (forget their record) 

On 10/2/2023 at 10:43 AM, LabattBlue said:

This 100%.  Look no further than our own team. 

Except Diggs and was not complaining about not getting the ball. Josh himself said it wasn’t football related. Diggs was upset because Josh wasn’t handling his notoriety well. Too much outside noise in Josh’s life. 
Some of you can just gloss over the facts but Josh was being honest when he said it wasn’t football related. Josh has come in as a more mature person this season. He even said so. Love that Diggs took the bullets for Josh. Even after hearing it from Josh’s mouth, some still go after Diggs. 🤔

Edited by Dopey
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, julian said:

That’s the point, saying Burrow has gone further in playoffs is the reasons for differing opinions of Allen and Burrow is over simplified.

That’s why I refer to those people as simpletons.

Lmao they have shows to make so they have to do something and over and or under react to everything. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Did they really? As others have pointed out, the Bills were not at the races that day and it really didn't require that much to look good against us.

I know Chase has been great for them but passing on Penei Sewell was a head-scratcher for me

MOT

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao they have shows to make so they have to do something and over and or under react to everything. 

Lmao applies to your post…..When’s the last time a show got views for under reacting  to something?  That’s not how it works.  That’s the point he’s making. 

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

If you listen to the whole interview, it was not nearly as bad as that clip makes it seem. He was giving boilerplate responses, but then a reporter asked him why he wasn’t getting open. That was the response. He was defending himself from an accusation.

Yep, exactly.  I think the reporter asked him something along the lines of whether it's taking more work to get open and that was his response.  And, based on what I've seen, he HAS been open a lot in the Bengals' games.  Factor in all the drops from Higgins and he does deserve to be the focal point in that receiving group.

16 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ok Burrows in 3 years has been to the AFCCG game twice and the SB once.. He has already surpassed everything Allen has done so far in less time. So until Allen or rather the Bills make it deep into the playoffs he will be judge harsher than those who have.  It may not be fair but it’s the way it is

He has not surpassed Allen in anything, literally nothing.  Have the Bengals defense helped Burrow go 1 round further in the playoffs, sure...but QB to QB Allen has accomplished more as a passer in the regular season and literally dwarfs Burrows rather pedestrian post season stats.  

Allen has just in the regular season only...with WORSE weapons than Burrow, substantially worse when you factor in his whole career

• Most TDs in NFL history through first 5 years
  • Multuiple time MVP finalist, including runner up in 2021 with a season that was better than most past winners
  • 3 straight divisional championships
  • Multiple playoff passing records

Allen vs Burrow playoff resume

• Allen 8 games, Burrow 7 games
  • Allen has double the TD's 20 to 10
  • Burrow has a higher turnover rate (both have 4 interceptions and no fumbles...but Allens was over 8 games, Burrows was in just 7)
  • Allens TD to INT ration is 5-1...Burrows is 2.5-1 (so half of Allens)
  • Allen produces over 80 yards more total yards per game
  • Allen passes for over 30 yards more per game
  • Allen bests him significantly in Rating, YPA, and just about every metric there is
  • The literally only stat Burrow is better in is comp % by a difference of just ONE completion per game yet Allen grossly outproduces him in every statistical category

Yet...despite all that, Burrow has had superior weapons and Allen has also played through a serious elbow injury and worse weather.  

But because in 2021, Josh Allens defense failed to hold a lead in final 13 seconds and OT while Burrows defense magically stopped the same Mahomes offense for just 3 points in the 2nd half allowing Burrow and the offense to just sneak back up and steal the game you seem to think that makes him the better QB?  Allen grossly outplayed what Burrow did in the KC game the week before against the same Chiefs defense, but Frazier and our inept defense failed him.

And sure, Bengals won last year, but that was a TEAM loss, the whole Bills franchise was flat that day and that does not make Burrow better than Allen any more than Zack Wilson beating the Bills (twice) would make Zack better than Allen. 

Sorry...its just not corret to say Burrow has accomplished more.  Bengals TEAMS have done more, but that doesn't make Burrow more "accomplished" individually as a passer.  Trent Dilfer won a SB while Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, etc have not...doesn't make Dilfer better than them.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Everyone is all... but his poor calfeez.  Meanwhile...

Head coach Zac Taylor confirmed that Burrow will continue as the team's starting quarterback against the Cardinals in Week Five. Taylor also said that he's confident that Burrow is healthy enough to run the offense despite the impact of the calf injury. “It is what it is."

Bengals heading to Arizona this Sunday is going to be a pressure filled game for them.  A loss will be devastating to their season.

Going 1-4 with the 49ers, Bills, Ravens and Chiefs yet to play would be tough hole to dig out of.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bengals heading to Arizona this Sunday is going to be a pressure filled game for them.  A loss will be devastating to their season.

Going 1-4 with the 49ers, Bills, Ravens and Chiefs yet to play would be tough hole to dig out of.

Yeah I think they might be the odd man out in the playoffs this season and we maybe see another team instead. 1-3 isn't so bad in itself but its tough to see them go on a run with the schedule they have coming up and the way they have been playing.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, NewEra said:

Lmao applies to your post…..When’s the last time a show got views for under reacting  to something?  That’s not how it works.  That’s the point he’s making. 

By under react I mean saying how awesome they are and that this is just a hickup or no big deal.  Other teams it’s “this is the end of the dynasty!” Or “their window is closing fast” it all depends on how much they like that team.. 

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He has not surpassed Allen in anything, literally nothing.  Have the Bengals defense helped Burrow go 1 round further in the playoffs, sure...but QB to QB Allen has accomplished more as a passer in the regular season and literally dwarfs Burrows rather pedestrian post season stats.  

Allen has just in the regular season only...with WORSE weapons than Burrow, substantially worse when you factor in his whole career

• Most TDs in NFL history through first 5 years
  • Multuiple time MVP finalist, including runner up in 2021 with a season that was better than most past winners
  • 3 straight divisional championships
  • Multiple playoff passing records

Allen vs Burrow playoff resume

• Allen 8 games, Burrow 7 games
  • Allen has double the TD's 20 to 10
  • Burrow has a higher turnover rate (both have 4 interceptions and no fumbles...but Allens was over 8 games, Burrows was in just 7)
  • Allens TD to INT ration is 5-1...Burrows is 2.5-1 (so half of Allens)
  • Allen produces over 80 yards more total yards per game
  • Allen passes for over 30 yards more per game
  • Allen bests him significantly in Rating, YPA, and just about every metric there is
  • The literally only stat Burrow is better in is comp % by a difference of just ONE completion per game yet Allen grossly outproduces him in every statistical category

Yet...despite all that, Burrow has had superior weapons and Allen has also played through a serious elbow injury and worse weather.  

But because in 2021, Josh Allens defense failed to hold a lead in final 13 seconds and OT while Burrows defense magically stopped the same Mahomes offense for just 3 points in the 2nd half allowing Burrow and the offense to just sneak back up and steal the game you seem to think that makes him the better QB?  Allen grossly outplayed what Burrow did in the KC game the week before against the same Chiefs defense, but Frazier and our inept defense failed him.

And sure, Bengals won last year, but that was a TEAM loss, the whole Bills franchise was flat that day and that does not make Burrow better than Allen any more than Zack Wilson beating the Bills (twice) would make Zack better than Allen. 

Sorry...its just not corret to say Burrow has accomplished more.  Bengals TEAMS have done more, but that doesn't make Burrow more "accomplished" individually as a passer.  Trent Dilfer won a SB while Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, etc have not...doesn't make Dilfer better than them.  

You sound like a Colts fan during the Manning years saying how awesome Manning is and that he is so much better than Brady. The point is stats are nice but I have yet to see a fan or anyone else get excited about amazing numbers more than amazing wins.  As I stated before right or wrong a QB is judged by winning and not much else until they retire then a rare few get the “wow he was amazing but unlucky” but fans grasp at stats when their team fails in the playoffs.. don’t become like those fans!

• Dislike 2

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Browns give them trouble too and they’ve also got the Seahawks left.  1-4 might be the end of their playoff hopes.  They’d probably have to finish 9-3 to have a chance which would be pretty tough even for that peak bengals team we saw last year

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Browns give them trouble too and they’ve also got the Seahawks left.  1-4 might be the end of their playoff hopes.  They’d probably have to finish 9-3 to have a chance which would be pretty tough even for that peak bengals team we saw last year

For sure.  It's crazy to say but the Cardinal game is as close to a "must win" as a high ranked team like the Bengals could have this early in the season.

35 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

By under react I mean saying how awesome they are and that this is just a hickup or no big deal.  Other teams it’s “this is the end of the dynasty!” Or “their window is closing fast” it all depends on how much they like that team.. 

You sound like a Colts fan during the Manning years saying how awesome Manning is and that he is so much better than Brady. The point is stats are nice but I have yet to see a fan or anyone else get excited about amazing numbers more than amazing wins.  As I stated before right or wrong a QB is judged by winning and not much else until they retire then a rare few get the “wow he was amazing but unlucky” but fans grasp at stats when their team fails in the playoffs.. don’t become like those fans!

Idk I think there’s some nuance to this as josh had the best two game run for a qb in the playoffs probably ever and the defense failed him miserably.  On the flip side, burrow has played pretty average in the playoffs and he has been rescued by his defense on quite a few occasions 

If we were comparing a superbowl winner to a non superbowl winner I’d def side with you more, but burrow and Allen both don’t have one.  As bills fans have learned from decades of jokes, almost winning a Super Bowl isn’t worth diddly

until burrow has got a Super Bowl win I think comparing playoff stats/regular season stats between Allen and burrow is more than fair .  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk I think there’s some nuance to this as josh had the best two game run for a qb in the playoffs probably ever and the defense failed him miserably.  On the flip side, burrow has played pretty average in the playoffs and he has been rescued by his defense on quite a few occasions 

If we were comparing a superbowl winner to a non superbowl winner I’d def side with you more, but burrow and Allen both don’t have one.  As bills fans have learned from decades of jokes, almost winning a Super Bowl isn’t worth diddly

until burrow has got a Super Bowl win I think comparing playoff stats/regular season stats between Allen and burrow is more than fair .  

Long term I agree, but any QB who has had only 2 complete years and made the AFCCG game both years is going get preferential treatment and be considered elite. People will look and see 6 years 1 AFCCG game no SB BS 2 years and 3 AFCCG Games and 1 SB.  Mind you both are considered way below Mahomes for the reason you mention and the fact the man is a freak QB.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Burrow has won nothing.  There’s no trophies for 2nd place.  The idea you would reference Burrow to Brady in any capacity is utterly comical.  Not only has Burrow won nothing but he’s probably not gonna even make the playoffs this year lol.  

Jimmy G. already booked his ticket to canton 

2 minutes ago, BillsFooteball said:

Jimmy G. already booked his ticket to canton 

Never said HOF… but Jimmy G was always over rated and always made of glass. 

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Burrow has won nothing.  There’s no trophies for 2nd place.  The idea you would reference Burrow to Brady in any capacity is utterly comical.  Not only has Burrow won nothing but he’s probably not gonna even make the playoffs this year lol.  

I wasn’t comparing him or Allen to Brady or Burrows. I was comparing your stat long post to Colts fans threw out the years Doo g the same thing over and over and over.. when they were not whining about the refs costing them a game. Again don’t be like those fans. 

Never said HOF… but Jimmy G was always over rated and always made of glass. 

I wasn’t comparing him or Allen to Brady or Burrows. I was comparing your stat long post to Colts fans threw out the years Doo g the same thing over and over and over.. when they were not whining about the refs costing them a game. Again don’t be like those fans. 

Lol…what are you even talking about now.  Comparing Allen and Burrow is comparing two guys who have won nothing…so their individual stats are fair to compare.  And what are you bring refs up about?  I never said anything about any refs lol

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Right. Remind me how many rings Burrow has won. It's one thing to have that argument with Peyton and Brady when Brady had three rings and Peyton had zero early in their careers. 

Bengals might not even make the postseason this year at the pace they are going. That is going to put a big dapper on the Burrow is so great in the postseason argument if the guy can't even show up to the dance. Of course, the reality is the Bengals defense has stepped up in the postseason and carried Burrow and the offense while the opposite is true in Buffalo. The Bills defense takes steps backwards in the postseason and Allen and the offense carry the defense as far as they can take them. 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Long term I agree, but any QB who has had only 2 complete years and made the AFCCG game both years is going get preferential treatment and be considered elite. People will look and see 6 years 1 AFCCG game no SB BS 2 years and 3 AFCCG Games and 1 SB.  Mind you both are considered way below Mahomes for the reason you mention and the fact the man is a freak QB.

You mean like Mr. Butt Fumble, Mark Sanchez?

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

😂😂Tf out of here w this, burrow and the Bengals haven't won dick

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Gunvald's Husse said:

Me too. I'd have picked Sewell. I can't say they were wrong to pick Chase because he was an elite prospect as well and has been amazing for them. But rule one when you have a franchise QB is protect them. 

15 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If they lose this Sunday they surely accept it is over and allow Joe to rest. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.