Ja’Mar Chase: “I’m open. I’m always ****ing open”

Alphadawg7

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Yeah...I kinda doubt it.  He's never said it to a reporter.  I also wonder if he's been asked.

When has Kupp ever acted anything other than completely classy?

He doesn't need to say it, he is literally always open on every play even if he doesn't have separation he would catch whatever is thrown.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ahhh forgot about Apple hahaha fair enough

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

He is easy to forget about.  Complete noboody.   Fully understand brother.

Apple is on the Dolphins now, he's that forgettable. I hope he enjoyed the show today.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Burrow will be good once again, whenever he’s past this calf injury.

Although frankly, their OL does not look good at all.  I haven’t been keeping track of whether they have injuries or what’s going on.

But I do seem to remember someone giving me a lot of grief, holding up Cincinnati as an example of proper team building for investing a lot ion their OL, unlike our Bills team.  Hope whoever that was kept his receipts.

Edited by Beck Water

49 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Burrow hurt his left elbow this game too. Going to Arizona next week and they are a tough bad team. Then to Seattle and us. Could get ugly 

Now an elbow and already nursing a calf injury. 

Sit him for a week or 2, then get after it.  That'd be the smart thing to do.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Why are Bills fans talking sh!t about the team that ended our season in humiliating fashion nine short months ago?

Precisely because they ended our season in humiliating fashion nine short months ago. Schadenfreude doesn't have the same Freude without some previous Schaden. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

How many national media pundits are going to talk about how he's a diva and that there's "trouble in paradise?"

None.

1-3.

You might be open but Princess Joe can’t get it to you.

Teams have figured out, great you paid a LT, but we’ll just destroy your Guard-Center-Guard. 

And Joe can’t move. He took some shots today. 

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

other than Mixon, and Hurst last year they were pretty classy toward us it seemed to me

“They ain’t the Ravens.”  

Now, for whatever reason they were right.  But it looks like that problem is no longer here.  

F the Bengals. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Burrow is having an underwhelming season so far, but he’s a much better QB than what he’s showing. He doesn’t go from second in conversation to merely “good” after a string of bad performances. Would he be struggling this badly if he never injured the calf and had a full training camp/preseason? I doubt it.
I hope the Bengals end up something like 8-9 and just miss the playoffs because Burrow is more than capable of completely turning it around.

But you see, that’s the issue, he was never 2nd best.  All that was a media myth because his team reached a Super Bowl on the back of a dominant showing by his defense shutting down Mahomes and Chiefs for 3 points the entire second half of the AFCCG.  

Allens playoff stats literally dwarf Burrows pedestrian playoff stats.  There is no metric where Burrow was ever the better QB, let alone 2nd best.  He got gifted the title for 2 reasons…more draft hype and a SB appearance.  

Allen has played 8 playoff games, Burrow 7.  Yet Allen despite having worse weapons has 20 TDs to Burrows 10.  Burrow has a worse turnover ratio, worse QB rating, produces over 80 yards less per game, and has half the TD to turnover ratio as Allen.  The only thing Burrow is better at is comp % which equates to just one more completion per game, literally.  

Over the last 2 regular seasons, Allen has only 3 more INTs than Burrow and that’s with Burrow having way better weapons with one of the best cast of weapons in the NFL both seasons.  Not to mention that Josh Allen played with a hurt throwing elbow for half of one of those seasons and plays in worse weather.  

Burrow hasn’t accomplished nearly as much as Allen in terms of individual performance.  But because his teams defense shut down Mahomes a week after our defense let Allen down with 13 seconds, he got elevated to 2nd best.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

11 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I'm assuming he should be fine by November 5 for instance. I'm not talking any crap about the Bengals until we prove it on the field. But it's fun to watch them suffer in the meantime!

• Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Uh oh…trouble in paradise?  Lol.  I caught heat here for saying Burrow was overrated and that Bengals won’t win their division this past offseason.  

Let see if the media treats Chase the same way they treated Diggs this off-season who actually seems pissed from actual games being played.  Let’s see if the media covers Burrows struggles over the whole season so far as harshly as they did Allen over just 1 game.

He always seem to say something stupid at the end of each game.  

7 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Burrow doesn’t look like Joe Cool no more. 

Joe Fool baby just like I said!:flirt:

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But you see, that’s the issue, he was never 2nd best.  All that was a media myth because his team reached a Super Bowl on the back of a dominant showing by his defense shutting down Mahomes and Chiefs for 3 points the entire second half of the AFCCG.  

Allens playoff stats literally dwarf Burrows pedestrian playoff stats.  There is no metric where Burrow was ever the better QB, let alone 2nd best.  He got gifted the title for 2 reasons…more draft hype and a SB appearance.  

Allen has played 8 playoff games, Burrow 7.  Yet Allen despite having worse weapons has 20 TDs to Burrows 10.  Burrow has a worse turnover ratio, worse QB rating, produces over 80 yards less per game, and has half the TD to turnover ratio as Allen.  The only thing Burrow is better at is comp % which equates to just one more completion per game, literally.  

Over the last 2 regular seasons, Allen has only 3 more INTs than Burrow and that’s with Burrow having way better weapons with one of the best cast of weapons in the NFL both seasons.  Not to mention that Josh Allen played with a hurt throwing elbow for half of one of those seasons and plays in worse weather.  

Burrow hasn’t accomplished nearly as much as Allen in terms of individual performance.  But because his teams defense shut down Mahomes a week after our defense let Allen down with 13 seconds, he got elevated to 2nd best.  

Purdy is 2nd best...Josh is 1st best:wub:

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I remember an article in The Athletic and the debate who's #2 (after Mahomes) in 2022 prior to the season I think with Burrow, Herbert & Allen and being so frustrated that Burrow & Herbert were elevated to that status.  Then the Jackson fans were indignant too. 

With Allen people want to find fault with him.  Burrow is faultless in the medias' eyes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

By the time Burrow gets over his calf injury, he may have more.   He really got roughed up yesterday's game.  I just saw some of the sacks and pressures, and they were just awful.    There was one which was ruled an incomplete pass in which a defender came in on Burrow apparently unblocked and just spun him around like a rag doll as he was trying to throw the ball.   The ball went one way toward the sideline and Burrow went the other, landing pretty hard.  I was somewhat surprised there wasn't a flag but the play was clean, just so hard and fast and Burrow was helpless.

12 minutes ago, SoTier said:

By the time Burrow gets over his calf injury, he may have more.   He really got roughed up yesterday's game.  I just saw some of the sacks and pressures, and they were just awful.    There was one which was ruled an incomplete pass in which a defender came in on Burrow apparently unblocked and just spun him around like a rag doll as he was trying to throw the ball.   The ball went one way toward the sideline and Burrow went the other, landing pretty hard.  I was somewhat surprised there wasn't a flag but the play was clean, just so hard and fast and Burrow was helpless.

Really protecting their investment well, huh?  When healthy, I don’t think he’s overrated at all.  But yea, when will that even be at this point?

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Uh oh…trouble in paradise?  Lol.  I caught heat here for saying Burrow was overrated and that Bengals won’t win their division this past offseason.  

Let see if the media treats Chase the same way they treated Diggs this off-season who actually seems pissed from actual games being played.  Let’s see if the media covers Burrows struggles over the whole season so far as harshly as they did Allen over just 1 game.

Wait Where is the Sports Media and Stephen A Smith and their endless commentary of how Chase wants out.  (ala Diggs) 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

IMO, clearly Burrow is hurt, and has convinced the coaches that he can still play through it.  There is no other explanation for how you go from last season  to this year. 

It's on the coaches to protect the player in that situation. Second is it really worth what they're getting?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.