Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

1 minute ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Living in Florida, I kept hearing how Tua was going to school the Bills and control the division.  I can't wait to talk some trash to those nasty little pukes tomorrow.  I will be brutal.

I think the book on Tua is that he is a great QB when he throws to his primary read.  Once he comes off that read, however, he's a below average QB.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

I think the book on Tua is that he is a great QB when he throws to his primary read.  Once he comes off that read, however, he's a below average QB.

Most qbs are great when they only ever need to throw to their first read in the middle of the field to be fair lol so I find it hard to associate the word ‘great’ with him at all even in that context 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Living in Florida, I kept hearing how Tua was going to school the Bills and control the division.  I can't wait to talk some trash to those nasty little pukes tomorrow.  I will be brutal.

I live in new Smyrna beach fl all I heard was Tua this Fangio that well you

all forgot we got Josh your daddy Allen

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

He should have caught it, but that ball is not caught 90% of the time by anybody.

BS, that ball was perfect.  Shakira’s hips lied to him and he mistimed the jump/hand position.  He made an atrocious play.   Even Davis makes that catch 90% of the time.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I'm in Tampa and I listen to WGR on my commutes. I get it, some of these reporters are just asking questions everyone knows they should ask. Probably get lazy how they word it. But what bothers me more is, when I listen to WGR online, sometimes they rebroadcast interviews on Shopp an the Bulldog. I hate it, because i can only hear the answers. I hear, "blah, blah, blah, yada, yada yada....", and then "Yes, he's good!" Comedian Brian Regan did a bit on that. I can't find a clip, but it's spot on. 

It's the grammar man.

"What you was thinking..." wtf talks like that having more than 2 braincells functioning? And most in the media at a decent level hold masters in communications.

Honestly, it's why so many athletes players go for com degrees 

29 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Humble and hungry, my friend 

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

It's the grammar man.

"What you was thinking..." wtf talks like that having more than 2 braincells functioning? And most in the media at a decent level hold masters in communications.

Honestly, it's why so many athletes players go for com degrees 

I get it. It's a problem when media personnel who are supposed to be well edjucated and are put in a high profile position to ask questions of a high profile athlete and they look foolish. 

On a similar, but unrelated note, I love Paul Hamilton. Very insightful, and does radio interviews very well. But his articles are hard to read. The content is good, but how it's presented is not good. It's choppy and has zero flare. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Don’t eat too much of that crow as the ball is oddly shaped and bounces funny.

4 or 5 of those stupid bounces in the first half was the only reason Miami even stayed in the game for 20 minutes. Without some fluky good luck for the Dolphins this could have been 48-6 pretty easily.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maybe it’s just me but Bernard is barking out orders and moving the D around pre snap more than I’ve seen Edmunds. It’s not even been close really. He is in full control of everything out there.

Just an observation. 

I thought it was funny that Aikman commented that it takes a team with great linebackers to stop the Dolphins and, like the 49ers, the Bills have great linebackers.  All I kept hearing pre-season was that the Bills' biggest weakness is linebacker.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

40 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Being humble is way better. Wear your Bills gear and walk with a swagger. 

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Danzler is not much different than Rhodes. 

Rhodes is serviceable.

If we IR White (we will) id also look at other teams PS. 

Is there anyone on the Bears worth trading for?  I feel like that team wants in on the Caleb sweepstakes as soon as possible.  Especially after today.

Just a fantastic game.  I have not read the entire thread, maybe it’s been mentioned, but this may be the best Bills club we’ve seen yet.  Just so complete in all areas and they all know the regular season is nice but it’s time to pay the Bills in January.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

At least 2 of his 4 incompletions were well thrown.

His best throw of the day was probably the deep right sideline incompletion to Shakir. He fit it into a porthole 40 yards downfield. Ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4

8 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I get it. It's a problem when media personnel who are supposed to be well educated and are put in a high profile position to ask questions of a high profile athlete and they look foolish. 

On a similar, but unrelated note, I love Paul Hamilton. Very insightful, and does radio interviews very well. But his articles are hard to read. The content is good, but how it's presented is not good. It's choppy and has zero flare. 

Wow, I spelled educated wrong. Everything I typed after that is suspect. 

9 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Virgil, I seem to remember after the Jets game that you said something like it would take you a while to feel better about this team.  So, I have to ask.  Has it been a while?

Yup.  This was the game I needed.  Not because the Dolphins were world beaters, but Josh knew he had to score almost every drive to win this game and he didn’t spaz out.  If anything, Josh was more conservative than I expected.  I need to see that he could contain it in the right situation. 

I would argue this was their best game since the 13 seconds or the Pats perfect game.  Considering how our defense is playing, I’d say we are in our best position in years.  

What sucks is, the Ravens and Chiefs have cake schedules now.  Their divisions are crap and have much easier paths to the one seed.  But I can say I’m not afraid of anyone. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

42 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

I think that's pretty accurate. He's a system QB with not a lot of elite physical traits. 

His game is built on timing and rhythm. The Miami offense has elite weapons and coaches that try to put Tua in the best situation to win. 

Today the Bills D was very good in disrupting what Tua and the Fins do best. They started off slow but really turned it on.

Gotta give McD and the players huge credit for a great game plan and execution. 

Let's not get too high here. Hard for me not to do. Damn that was a great game to watch (except Trei jury.) It felt great watching the game in my Allen jersey. I'm going to flaunting my Bills cap at the gym. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

combo. Give a man a fish he eats fir a day  teach s man to fish he eats for a lifetime.

It's one if ny favorite quotes 

Since I was a little girl. I don't even remember the first time I heard it. 

Build a man a fire and you can keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire and you can keep him warm for the rest of his life.

• Haha (+1) 7

That’s a big win.

There’s nothing flukey, no asterisk about that, there were no lucky bounces, no refs, no weather, no early injuries, no missed FGs. 

The Bills just housed the Darlings of the Week and there are no excuses for the media to give. 

Happy for the people of Buffalo, and for the team. Happy for McDermott and Dorsey. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Watched the game at the “Bullpen” in Washington Dc the DC Bills backers, organize gatherings there, many hundred Bills fans in attendance, great time great crowd. 

So much for that Miami bravado aye? 

GO BILLS!!!

when the billsbackers bar are packed like that it is as close to feeling like you are at  home in WNY as it gets for we expats.

One funny thing though is a lot of the folks I spoke to today were  NOT locals to San Diego. But the venue was packed to the gills. Bills fans indeed do travel.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

When your HC calls plays and it goes well it's the best possible scenario.

You don't just lose your great coordinator to a HC spot in January while you're trying to win a Superbowl 

Sean put himself into the top 5 or so HC’s with today’s defensive gameplan IMO 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.