Tre White Injury Updates (Torn Achilles now confirmed)

Process

I don’t think we should be downplaying what a loss this is. 

Did you see his coverage on Hill that last play?

He has an IQ that you can’t teach.  And a skill set you just don’t replace.  

Especially in a secondary already down a starter.   

I’m absolutely calling around for CBs. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Tre to IR - Corresponding Move Von Miller activated from PUP

Dane Starts 

Elam Active

Ingram elevated on Sat. 

after probably 2 weeks 

Ingram Signed to 53 corresponding Move Kingsley Cut and re-signed to PS (if clears waivers)  

I think Von being activated this week is 50/50.  And agree he likely takes Tre roster spot, after IR.

Not sure there is a reason to "elevate" Ingram on gameday yet.  They've rolled with 3 outside corners each week, expect that to continue.

But I am high on Ingram developing into a "Dane" role (3rd corner type in the future).

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

I agree the injury sucks, but I wouldn't point to that "last play on Hill" as evidence.  Hyde was sitting over the top, doubling Hill.

We've not had to put Tre, or Benford for that matter, into many situations without safety help.  Benford got beat 1-1 last week against Curtis Samuel, but he's done really good.

There's a reason people say Coachs schemes are CB friendly, going back to his Carolina days when he didn't have "elite" talent there some years.  We are primarily zone, and have a talented DL/instinctive talented LBs and 2 safeties that get guys into position very well/communicate well.

Everyone hates the injury for Tre personally and the team, but realistically Coach will have this defense playing at a high level.  

42 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Mike Florio never said anything about the Tre White injury a little bit ago when he was on football night in America. Usually he will point out guys that will be out for the season or miss significant time. I don't know if he forgot to report it but I kinda hoping that could mean a small chance of good news for him. Although unlikely 

He said they are running tests tomorrow and the Bills think he ruptured his Achilles 

• Sad 1

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

There was a report he had an MRI at the stadium during the game. I feel like they should know by now 

They knew 5 hours ago when Tre was lying on the field. Someone correct me if I am wrong, I am not doctor, but I think a torn Achilles is something you can basically diagnosis immediately. MRI just "confirms" it. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Dane Starts 

Elam Active

Ingram elevated on Sat. 

after probably 2 weeks 

Ingram Signed to 53 corresponding Move Kingsley Cut and re-signed to PS (if clears waivers)  

Or Poona Ford??  They've been keeping him active the past two Sundays over Ford so could see it going that way too.

22 minutes ago, Process said:

They knew 5 hours ago when Tre was lying on the field. Someone correct me if I am wrong, I am not doctor, but I think a torn Achilles is something you can basically diagnosis immediately. MRI just "confirms" it. 

Speaking from experience I tore mind almost 30 years ago, 6 months after Marino tore his and recalled him talking about it in a press conference how when it happened he turned around as thought some one kicked him in the back of his ankle.  That was exactly how I felt so based on Marino's comments I told the people I was with, I think I just tore my Achilles and they all thought I was crazy.  2 hours later at the ER confirmed it.

So yes would agree you likely know it right away.  A simple test is laying down with legs out and doctor places his hand against your foot and tell you to push or pull.  When it's torn you can't.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Dane Starts 

Elam Active

Ingram elevated on Sat. 

after probably 2 weeks 

Kingsley won’t clear waivers. Waive a depth OL or LB

13 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Or Poona Ford??  They've been keeping him active the past two Sundays over Ford so could see it going that way too.

minor complaint but I think Ford should be in the rotation above Tim Settle

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I agree with all of this save for the final statement, which I'd probably leave for the trade deadline. Even then I'm not sure they do it.

But folks are absolutely downplaying Tre's quality.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

Funny, I was thinking earlier in the game when Tre had a well-timed blitz on Tua how some guys just have that awareness on the field (much like several guys on our D).  Definitely will hurt not having him out there, these guys will need to overcome

this piece of adversity.  

I thought T White was getting back to his all pro self..... Ya just hate to see a guy with his sense of humor (goalie academy) and skills go down. I think his personality accentuated his ball and leadership skills and will be missed big time!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

25 minutes ago, chongli said:

Of course, a troll claiming to be a Bills fan posted this ridiculous statement on twitter:

[I've blurred out his name so as not to give him publicity]

tweet filthy.jpg

Real classy and illogical.

sadly there is some truth to that. It is true the Chiefs never seem to have these devastating injuries. They have injuries during the course of the season but get the players back for the playoffs when it matters most.  Nothing worse than a season ending injury, and Chiefs truly do not get a lot of those to key players.  

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Dane Starts 

Elam Active

Ingram elevated on Sat. 

after probably 2 weeks 

This is a possibility.

However, should we rely on our practice squad players to step up, or should we be looking to sign a veteran from somewhere else?

6 minutes ago, QCity said:

The man's career is in jeopardy. It really puts a damper on what was supposed to be a glorious day.

Absolutely.

I was far more emotionally invested in that game than I've been all year, to the point where my wife was laughing at me storming around the living room on 3rd downs.

After Tre got hurt, I sat down and didn't make a peep the rest of the game. :(

5 hours ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Problems with the Achilles Tendon are graded: Grade I: Mild strain. Grade II: Moderate strain. Grade III: Complete rupture.

Full state of Tre's injury needs to be diagnosed by MRI.

One of the football players in high school had a Achilles injury and played baseball (outfielder) in Spring.

It is interesting that JEST QB Aaron Rodgers had this injury as well.

3 hours ago, NickelCity said:

What's the point of this? Are we not allowed to lament the loss of Tre here? He's a great player and our best corner by some distance. 

Jesus man, you take things too serious. Absolute sarcasm. 

52 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

This post just "bounced" you on the ignore list.

Oh no…

2 hours ago, Augie said:

He’s just a troll, let it go. 

😂

Dont think you understand that concept of a troll… and just throw that out to things you disagree with.

It’s a singular jibe at the people who will undoubtably use that as a reason for losing a crucial game. Not any worse than those discussing how this affects the Bills and salary cap implications… that in actuality is insensitive and not a post in jest. Maybe unbunch those panties. 

I’m all for the next man up philosophy. It seems 2023 will be a major tear in transitioning from the old crop of players to a newer younger crop. White will be back sometime in 2024 and possibly sooner given injury diagnosis, location and severity. 

16 minutes ago, BBFL said:

It’s a singular jibe at the people who will undoubtably use that as a reason for losing a crucial game.

If you don't think that not having Tre White in a playoff game won't affect the outcome, you might want to give yourself a jab in the ribs while you're at it.

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Of course, a troll claiming to be a Bills fan posted this ridiculous statement on twitter:

[I've blurred out his name so as not to give him publicity]

tweet filthy.jpg

Real classy and illogical.

That sounds 100% like the troll Filthy Beast. Thank god he gets smacked down like a whack-a-mole every time he pops his head up here now. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.