Davante Adams trade speculation…UPDATE: Schefter says no chance he is traded today (link pg 17)

Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We got Diggs for a 1st and a 4th. He didn't have the established production that Adams has but he was younger and not a half season rental. I'd like to think the same compensation could get Adams now.

I think Mark Davis should fire McDaniels tomorrow and go into rebuild mode, but I doubt he actually does it. It also hinges on Beane being willing to make one midseason all-in move and I'm not sure he is ever going to do that.

What do these owners see in McDaniels? It's kinda equivalent to what I wondered what teams saw in Peterman

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We got Diggs for a 1st and a 4th. He didn't have the established production that Adams has but he was younger and not a half season rental. I'd like to think the same compensation could get Adams now.

I think Mark Davis should fire McDaniels tomorrow and go into rebuild mode, but I doubt he actually does it. It also hinges on Beane being willing to make one midseason all-in move and I'm not sure he is ever going to do that.

Beane is in a tough spot due to the amount of injuries on defense; it’s hard to peg this as our year to go “all in.”

I’ve been telling folks for years that the Rams taught us a lesson, but I’m not sure they chase Von that SB run if Ramsey and Donald were hurt and out for the year. 

It’s crappy timing and I understand the hesitancy.

I, personally, don’t care. If I was the GM, I say to hell with it, let’s try to score 40 every game and hope the defense rounds into form and take our shot. the AFC is a wounded beast this season. 

There’s also a psychological aspect. Trading for Adams invigorates the locker room IMO. Guys start getting excited again, rather than feeling like this season is another slow march to a playoff exit. 

I say they pull the trigger and don’t look back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'd honestly send them Gabe Davis, Elam and a 1st. Will the Bills sign Gabe next year? 

Might be too much. I’d do Davis, Elam and a 2nd maybe. But I’d try and keep our first if we were giving up both those guys. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Beane is in a tough spot due to the amount of injuries on defense; it’s hard to peg this as our year to go “all in.”

I’ve been telling folks for years that the Rams taught us a lesson, but I’m not sure they chase Von that SB run if Ramsey and Donald were hurt and out for the year. 

I, personally, don’t care. If I was the GM, I say to hell with it, let’s try to score 40 every game and hope the defense rounds into form and take our shot. the AFC is a wounded beast this season. 

There’s also a psychological aspect. Trading for Adams invigorates the locker room IMO. Guys start getting excited again, rather than feeling like this season is another slow march to a playoff exit. 

Make the trade of either your first rounder for Adams. Or Elam and Gabe and a 2nd. Then take your 5th rounder and trade for Phillips in MN. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

Might be too much. I’d do Davis, Elam and a 2nd maybe. But I’d try and keep our first if we were giving up both those guys. 

Make the trade of either your first rounder for Adams. Or Elam and Gabe and a 2nd. Then take your 5th rounder and trade for Phillips in MN. 

Gabe is of low value to the Raiders because they would likely not be interested in paying him big money while dealing with Davantes’ dead hit.

I would rather trade picks and stockpile offensive talent. Gabe has more value to us, even as an admittedly limited player than the Raiders.

11 personnel with Diggs, Adams, Davis Kincaid would be filthy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Gabe is of low value to the Raiders because they would likely not be interested in paying him big money while dealing with Davantes’ dead hit.

I would rather trade picks and stockpile offensive talent. Gabe has more value to us, even as an admittedly limited player than the Raiders.

Not saying it wouldn’t be. Just thinking they’d want something back worth something to them in the figure. If they see Meyers as a starter and want to pair someone with him they might have ideas about that moving forward and signing him long term. 

yes I agree with you that id love to keep them all. But if the choice was Gabe until the end of this year and then he’s gone, or Adams for the next 4. I’m taking Adams all day long. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Don't forget "Playoff" Lenny😎

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I get it, but no part of me believes an injured 1T and an injured WLB kills our season. If it does, we have the wrong people in charge.

My take is that the NFL is more wide open than ever this year. No one is truly dominant. There's an opening for a team to step up and go scorched earth the rest of the way and dare anyone to stop them. Plus Allen and Diggs aren't getting any younger. Our window with them will close before long.

And worst case scenario if we don't quite put it together this year, we would still have Diggs and Adams next year. It's not a total all-in now mode like what the Rams did with Von Miller, there is some margin for error there.

Like you said I would just go all in on creating a historically productive offense with the most talented QB in the NFL and two #1 WRs, and the defense just has to make a couple stops a game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I get it, but no part of me believes an injured 1T and an injured WLB kills our season. If it does, we have the wrong people in charge.

My take is that the NFL is more wide open than ever this year. No one is truly dominant. There's an opening for a team to step up and go scorched earth the rest of the way and dare anyone to stop them. Plus Allen and Diggs aren't getting any younger. Our window with them will close before long.

And worst case scenario if we don't quite put it together this year, we would still have Diggs and Adams next year. It's not a total all-in now mode like what the Rams did with Von Miller, there is some margin for error there.

Like you said I would just go all in on creating a historically productive offense with the most talented QB in the NFL and two #1 WRs, and the defense just has to make a couple stops a game.

Injured CB1 too, don’t forget.

Part of me just thinks, in Beane’s mind, he would be a lot more confident to pull the trigger if we weren’t so decimated on the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Part of me just thinks, in Beane’s mind, he would be a lot more confident to pull the trigger if we weren’t so decimated on the defense. 

I agree with that 100%. It at the same time I really think he feels a little heat and that he might feel he needs to make some kind of move. Again it would go to what Beane always says. If it makes this team better but doesn’t destroy the possibility of the future of this team then it’s something to consider. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Nah, Shakir in for Davis and let Davis backup Adams and Diggs.

Would rather have more route running ability and YAC with Shakir on the field.  Davis doesn’t excel in those areas, best suited as an outside WR

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Yeah I think you are spot on with this . Lot easier to commit to all in when you feel you got the roster where the player puts you over the top.  With the defense in the state it’s in, adding an Adams doesn’t guarantee anything.  

But like you, I’m like F-It, go get him and let’s just try and outscore everyone cuz the NFL is wide open right now both AFC and NFC.  

• Like (+1) 2

Well one thing I think we can all agree on: at this pace there is no way Adams finishes his career in Vegas.

They're out there trying to compete in 2023 with Jimmy Garoppolo and Josh McDaniels. In this AFC? In that AFC West? 

They’re on their way to 6-11, McDaniels being fired now or one season later and Adams wanting out of there anyways.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FireChans said:

Completely agree....if Ramsey & Donald got hurt, there's no way they go after Von.  The problem with us is not only are we missing Milano & DQ, but throw in Tre & Von for good measure.  Who knows if or when Von gets back to 100%?....I'm not getting any younger so from a selfish standpoint I'd still like to see us do something.  DT or WR....just do it and maybe we go on a 2nd half run?

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Adams will be on the Jets before the start of next season. Both he and Rodgers really want that. 

I am sure Adams will love not catching passes from Wilson. Have to wonder if Rodgers can stay healthy at this point. Even if he comes back next year, he will be 41 and his last year in GB he started to show signs of declining.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, 26TrapDraw said:

How about Davis and a 3rd today. Adams is done in LV. I’m sure he cleans his locker out today. If I’m him I meet the GM in the parking lot this morning and tell him to get me the $&@k out of here.

Players are always frustrated, especially wr.  I imagine on Wednesday when he talks to the media he will apologize in some way for taking attention away from the team and putting it on him.

I cant imagine any scenario where the raiders trade him.  The raiders just built the stadium and moved to stupid las vegas....I can't imagine the league wants them to have a fire sale on halloween.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

Players are always frustrated, especially wr.  I imagine on Wednesday when he talks to the media he will apologize in some way for taking attention away from the team and putting it on him.

I cant imagine any scenario where the raiders trade him.  The raiders just built the stadium and moved to stupid las vegas....I can't imagine the league wants them to have a fire sale on halloween.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You really think the league would be AGAINST Adams being moved to a team with a legit QB? haha

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

You really think the league would be AGAINST Adams being moved to a team with a legit QB? haha

yea I don't think they want a team they just moved to Las Vegas to be ditching star players during the season.

In the offseason sure but not during the season.  I am still surprised they just moved Carr.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

On 9/29/2023 at 3:38 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

There seems to be a growing sentiment that Adams may want out and that Raiders could explore a trade.

Im not normally one to say go get someone like him between trade costs and cap space…but, he’s still dominant and a duo of him and Diggs with Allen at QB would be unreal.  

Now let me be clear, I’m fully aware the odds of this are slim to none, especially from a cap perspective, and I think the Bills are fine right now in terms of overall weapons anyway.  But Bills were a team mentioned as one of 7 in a report talking about who should pursue him if traded and that just got me day dreaming of Diggs and Adams lined up on the field together with Allen 🤤

But hey, even though I know it won’t likely happen…let’s pretend Beane made the cap stuff work and wanted to pull the trigger…I would offer them Davis and our 2024 2nd without a second thought.  

A guy can dream can’t he lol

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10091109-7-nfl-teams-that-should-pursue-trade-for-raiders-davante-adams

Why trade for him? We can always trade up again for a first round corner in 2024! Screw blocking and wide receivers, right?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, streetkings01 said:

Bills can’t afford that contract, plus him and Diggs together would be a disaster. There’s a reason NFL teams don’t have 2 #1 All Pro receivers on the same team on post rookie contracts…….too much of a headache trying to keep both guys happy. Eventually 1 is asking to be traded/released.

If he was here, both would be getting 10+ targets per game and our offense would become very scary.  Up tempo with those 2 is pretty much indefensible. Whoever else is on the field would always be open 

• Like (+1) 1

“The Las Vegas #Raiders have ZERO plans to trade superstar wide receiver Davante Adams, before today’s 4 p.m. ET deadline, source says.”

B.S.! Adam’s didn’t sign up for a Clown Show in Vegas!

He knows Jimmy G is done!
He’d go to a contender to win a SB in a nano second. 

Get on the blower, Beanie Boy!

The Raiders can say they won't trade him.. and they probably won't, but his situation isn't just the typical veteran star player on a bad team wants out.   He signed there to play with his best friend in Derek Carr.  They then shipped out Carr and stuck him with terrible QB play. 

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Why trade for him? We can always trade up again for a first round corner in 2024! Screw blocking and wide receivers, right?

Bill, it was discussed this morning on WGR.  It’s only a $6 mil hit this year and $16 mil next year.  A bargain for one of the top 3 WR’s in the league.  We’d be unstoppable.

im all in on Adams for. 2nd, trading for Johnson in Chicago for Elam and a late pick, and lastly as we’re getting “let’s get stupid”, picking up Suh for half a year as he’s still good at 36.  He did fine in Philly.

Live with Bernard and Williams at LB.

None will help this Sunday, but the rest of the year, yeah.  Elam will probably shine on the Bears as they sick on defense

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.