Chandler Jones? Kick the tires at the trade deadline?

TampaBillsJunkie

3 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I don't. Vegas is a bad place sometimes. A change of scenery, some counseling and some fresh air can do a person good.  He may not be finished and it won't cost anything or much to find out.

No. Why even think about using someone who is clearly in a crisis? And I mean the word "using" in the sense that all we are thinking about his how he can help us win football games. Health is more important. Fresh air? What is this, 1875?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

There's an interesting article on Chandler Jones. Seems he is having some mental issues and Las Vegas just isn't a good place for him.  As a nearby hometown boy from Syracuse, Buffalo might jut be a healthy place to stay out of trouble and get himself back together.  Maybe for the playoff run or for next year. Having another terror who can get to the QB quickly is never a bad thing. 

What do you say? Is he worth the trouble if we can bring him in on a team friendly contract? Who do we dump? Shaq? That would be my pick. Personally, I'd like to see a reclamation project and get the most out of Jones for the rest of his career.... Jones, Floyd, G-Root and Von would be a terror. And we'd have fresh legs to get to Tua, Mahomes and Burrow come playoff time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-chandler-jones-arrested-one-day-after-troubling-social-media-posts/

Wow, just wow.  Guess he’d look good in all white - like a straight jacket.   

Before we even mention the capology being too difficult.  

So let’s just hope he gets the help he needs before he harms himself or someone else.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

I don't. Vegas is a bad place sometimes. A change of scenery, some counseling and some fresh air can do a person good.  He may not be finished and it won't cost anything or much to find out.

He needs to stop playing football and get his mental health turned around taking more physical abuse on the gridiron 8s just fanning the fuel that's causing some of his issues no doubt.  I agree Vegas is probably not the best place with all the distractions.  He needs to prioritize his getting well then he likely can see he should be walking away from the game and find what keeps him on the path of healing.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, TampaBillsJunkie said:

There's an interesting article on Chandler Jones. Seems he is having some mental issues and Las Vegas just isn't a good place for him.  As a nearby hometown boy from Syracuse, Buffalo might jut be a healthy place to stay out of trouble and get himself back together.  Maybe for the playoff run or for next year. Having another terror who can get to the QB quickly is never a bad thing. 

What do you say? Is he worth the trouble if we can bring him in on a team friendly contract? Who do we dump? Shaq? That would be my pick. Personally, I'd like to see a reclamation project and get the most out of Jones for the rest of his career.... Jones, Floyd, G-Root and Von would be a terror. And we'd have fresh legs to get to Tua, Mahomes and Burrow come playoff time.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/raiders-chandler-jones-arrested-one-day-after-troubling-social-media-posts/

You do know that his brother is the best ever UFC fighter, Jon Bones Jones? They spent some time growing up in Rochester. Jon has had drug problems in his past. So always remember, location does not discriminate. If you're not careful, trouble will find you no matter where you are. But yes, it's much easier to fk yourself in Vegas. 24/7, 365 baby. 

6 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If Beane is going to go out and bring in a big free agent signing at the trade deadline and restructure a bunch of contracts to do it I would rather he add tot he offensive side of the ball.  Our defense now is stellar and going to get better with Von back in two weeks. 

Another weapon to help Josh keep up with the Phins is where resources should be spent.

Agree and the fact this gentleman needs some help. Don’t think Vegas has anything to do with it 

16 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

He's 33 years old. 

You’ll notice that I wasn’t talking about him specifically. I was/am referring to OTHER, younger players (like rookies) who suddenly come into a ton of money and are then dropped into the heart of Las Vegas where significant temptations are right up in their face and lurking around every corner. It’s a recipe for disaster. 

• Eyeroll 1

Your boy Beane who you guys think walks on water...

1. Traded for Antonio Brown who luckily nixed the deal at the last moment then proceeded to get kicked off of 3 teams in like a year.

2. Offered the Von deal to Chandler Jones but he chose to go to Vegas instead. So he then pivoted to Von.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

You do know that his brother is the best ever UFC fighter, Jon Bones Jones? They spent some time growing up in Rochester. Jon has had drug problems in his past. So always remember, location does not discriminate. If you're not careful, trouble will find you no matter where you are. But yes, it's much easier to fk yourself in Vegas. 24/7, 365 baby. 

Rubbish!  

Sincerely,

Anderson Silva

3 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Your boy Beane who you guys think walks on water...

1. Traded for Antonio Brown who luckily nixed the deal at the last moment then proceeded to get kicked off of 3 teams in like a year.

2. Offered the Von deal to Chandler Jones but he chose to go to Vegas instead. So he then pivoted to Von.

#2 is absolute tin foil hat wearing horse plucky.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Was he undefeated in his career? He was a beast, as were most of those OG dudes. But Bones was on a different planet. Dude is nasty. 

Won a lot of fights while on PED's and other drugs.  Cheated and lost to Matt Hamill.  Dude is a mess.  Brother the same.  Pound for pound a lot of average guys would kick his ass without the drugs he was/is on.  Solid no!

Edited by Irv

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Won a lot of fights while on PED's and other drugs.  Cheated and lost to Matt Hamill.  Dude is a mess.  Brother the same.  Pound for pound a lot of average guys would kick his ass without the drugs he was/is on.  Solid no!

I can’t stand Bones and he’s a mess but “cheated” and lost to Hamill is a bit strong.  He made a mental mistake during a fight that he was dominating.  

average guys would kick his ass w/o the peds…..lol.  

I get why people hate him, I’m one of them, but your thoughts are extreme.  He’s top 5 ever….many feel the goat. 

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Rubbish!  

Sincerely,

Anderson Silva

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2757812-anderson-silva-making-sense-of-ufc-greats-legacy-after-2nd-failed-drug-test.amp.html

I agree that Silva is the best I’ve ever seen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I can’t stand Bones and he’s a mess but “cheated” and lost to Hamill is a bit strong.  He made a mental mistake during a fight that he was dominating.  

average guys would kick his ass w/o the peds…..lol.  

I get why people hate him, I’m one of them, but your thoughts are extreme.  He’s top 5 ever….many feel the goat. 

Steroid cheat and woman abuser

Great fighter but total POS 

25 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

He's like BJ Penn who frequents the bars around here, complete POS moron but amazing fighter

great comparison minus the W-L’s. Jones will never get punished like BJ did.  They’re only 8 years apart, yet BJ was toast 13 years ago.  

think he has CTE or is that just who he is?

1 hour ago, TheWeatherMan said:

#2 is absolute tin foil hat wearing horse plucky.  

Lol it absolutely happened. Beane tried all off-season to get CHANDLER JONES not Von Miller. Then Jones picked Vegas so he offered the same contract to Von and didn't think he would get him either and was shocked when he said yes. Von wanted to go to Dallas but they didn't offer as much as the Bills

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

great comparison minus the W-L’s. Jones will never get punished like BJ did.  They’re only 8 years apart, yet BJ was toast 13 years ago.  

CTE plays a huge part imo

He probably wasn't a great guy beforehand but last 10years have been really rough on him...my brother is representing one of his baby mamas and the stories are wild😂😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

CTE plays a huge part imo

He probably wasn't a great guy beforehand but last 10years have been really rough on him...my brother is representing one of his baby mamas and the stories are wild😂😂

All those UFC guys are bat ***** crazy. Some insane documentaries on some of them. I bet most of them dudes are high on pain killers when the step in the cage. And there's Dana White saying he doesn't allow anything illegal going on with any of his fighters. Meanwhile, he doubled in size, muscular speaking, but doesn't allow roids. He's clearly doing cycles himself. Prolly with Rogan too. He got huge out of nowhere also. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

BJ Penn is absolutely one of the goats of UFC regardless of record 

BJ Penn's record is inflated

He's a natural 155 pounder who moved all the way up to light heavy to fight machida in his career ... He constantly was moving up weight to fight bugger guys

His whole career was go up against bigger badder guys than himself

He dominated at 155.. first two division weight champ.. he submitted Matt Hughes who is a huge mother f***** and beast

Yes Jon Jones is the greatest MMA fighter of all time but BJ Penn is a machine

Edited by Buffalo716

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

BJ Penn is absolutely one of the goats of UFC regardless of record 

BJ Penn's record is inflated

He's a natural 155 pounder who moved all the way up to light heavy to fight machida in his career ... He constantly was moving up weight to fight bugger guys

His whole career was go up against bigger badder guys than himself

He dominated at 155.. first two division weight champ.. he submitted Matt Hughes who is a huge mother f***** and beast

Yes Jon Jones is the greatest MMA fighter of all time but BJ Penn is a machine

I’m not saying he’s not a great…..  I was just making a comparison to Jones.  

I know all about him and his career.  I’ve partied with him.  He’s one of my favorites.  He created 155 and opened the door for the smaller guys.  His victory over Hughes was top 10 in mma history knox.  I thought he beat GSP in their first matchup.  

He’s an icon and a legend. But his record pales in comparison to the guys in conversation for best ever.  As great as he was, he doesn’t belong in that conversation.  

I’m friends with a handful of his friends.  They all said the same thing- he would’ve been the best ever if would’ve had his head on straight for more than a couple years at a time.  They all insist that he choked on his silver spoon from time to time

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I know all about him and his career.  I’ve partied with him.  He’s one of my favorites.  He created 155 and opened the door for the smaller guys.  His victory over Hughes was top 10 in mma history knox.  I thought he beat GSP in their first matchup.  

He’s an icon and a legend. But his record pales in comparison to the guys in conversation for best ever.  As great as he was, he doesn’t belong in that conversation.  

I’m friends with a handful of his friends.  They all said the same thing- he would’ve been the best ever if would’ve had his head on straight for more than a couple years at a time.  They all insist that he choked on his silver spoon from time to time

Well when you're the youngest Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion history

Nicknamed The prodigy... I'm sure it's not easy to stay grounded

With that said Jon Jones is by far the greatest mixed martial artist...  he's ana animal 

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well when you're the youngest Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion history

Nicknamed The prodigy... I'm sure it's not easy to stay grounded

With that said Jon Jones is by far the greatest mixed martial artist...  he's ana animal 

The silver spoon came from his family and upbringing 

I think there are 2 different valid viewpoints when it comes to GOAT of MMA.  

I do view Jon Jones as the greatest ever and just like you said, by far.  But if that’s the case, I would also view Barry Bonds as the greater baseball player ever.  And I do….. yet no one else does…. And I understand why.  The same reason some don’t regard JJ as the GOAT, even though, octogon performance wise, he blows everyone away. 

I don’t know how PEDs affected him inside the ring and he may have been the GOAT without them, but who knows for sure?  2 suspensions for PEDS and a positive test for Cocaine in which he admitted using it before his fight with Cormier.  

That kind of thing matters to people.  Ask Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It's true

He didn't train seriously enough toward the back half of his career and needed purse money which is why he hung around too long and his legacy suffered for it

But I have heard from the guys who know him and have trained w him in the past...everyone says he was one of the most gifted natural bjj talents ever

Some guys just aren't cut out to be superstars

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.