Week 3, Bills v. WTFs, 09/24/2023 - GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

Josh and Baby Stef get their automatic game balls.  Baby Stef was wide open all day long, and Josh just kept feeding him.  I'm going to start with the D today, for obvious reasons:

Terrel "Saint" Bernard - Best player on the field today, and it wasn't close for 2nd place.  Sacks, TFL's, INT, PD, recovered fumble.  You name it, he did it today.  He simply imposed his will on the WFTs, and they had no answer.  Look for him to be AFC and possibly NFL Defensive Player of the Week.  Outstanding for a guy that was deemed too small and many here wanted him replaced after one game with a guy who just retired.  Line up for some crow, Bernard haterz.

Front 7 - Howell was constantly under pressure today.  I lost track of how many sacks, pressures, etc. we had.  Huge pressure by Groot to snuff out a WFT chance to score on 4th and goal at the 2.  Pick 6 by Epenesa was just salt in the wound.  Robinson had some success on the ground, but ultimately not enough after the WFTs fell behind.

Back 4 - INT's by TreDay and "Dr. Jekyll and" Micah Hyde to snuff out any chance for the WFTs to mount a comeback.  Coverage was tight and the WFT WRs had almost no YAC to speak of.  A stellar effort by the secondary.

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - Huge catch on the TD, and the rout was on.  Gabe is having hisself a season so far.  (Edited this because as others pointed out, this was Gabe's only catch of the day.  I don't take notes or look at stats, I go by impressions.  I apologize for the error and will try to do better in the future).  

O Line - Run success wasn't there early, but got better as the game went on.  On the pass blocking side, Josh had all day to throw all game long.  The vaunted WFT pass rush was largely held in check.  The O-Line was a big reason we won this game.

"I'm Rick" James Cook",BIATCH!" - Started slow, but gained steam and finished with nearly 100 yards.  Bills haven't had a back this good since LeShady.

WHO YA GOT??

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 5

My game ball.....to the announcers, no matter how bad things got, they continued the gameplan and rode the skins totem poll until the very end.  I would have thought the game was going to overtime if I was just listening. Fantastic performance 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

My game ball.....to the announcers, no matter how bad things got, they continued the gameplan and rode the skins totem poll until the very end.  I would have thought the game was going to overtime if I was just listening. Fantastic performance 

I get the NFL corporate machine wants to stick to a tight script, but good God man, they’ve had 25 years to create some sort of protocol when the performance on the field is diametrically opposite to the talking points. 

Where is the flexibility? 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

I get the NFL corporate machine wants to stick to a tight script, but good God man, they’ve had 25 years to create some sort of protocol when the performance on the field is diametrically opposite to the talking points. 

Where is the flexibility? 

Even a dil do has flexibility.  Today's NFL announcers?  Evidently not so much

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's a bildo.  Get it right.

I was there, it was my 1st home Bills game after over 20 years of Fandom.  My clearest memory of the game was Chris Hogan smoke Stephon Gilmore for the TD. Only until the required nap (was not my choice) after the game until I realized the Bildo was the highlight of the game 🤣

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
More to elaborate
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I was there, it was my 1st home Bills game after over 20 years of Fandom.  My clearest memory of the game was Chris Hogan smoke Stephon Gilmore for the TD. Only until the required nap (was not my choice) after the game until I realized the Bildo was the highlight of the game 🤣

To add, my friend brought his new gf who was actually hot, and a Patriots fans to add insult to the injury.  The "nap" couldn't come soon enough

• Haha (+1) 1

- Entire offensive line

- Spencer Brown specifically

- Terrel Bernard

- Leonard Floyd

- Stefon Diggs. I know that these types of performances are commonplace from him and we hardly even notice, but...he's just SO good and SO consistent.

- Sean McDermott

- Tyler Bass

37-3 on the road against a 2-0 opponent? Give a game ball to all 53 active players, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Allen

McDermott

Diggs

The entire OL

Bernard

Oliver

Bass 

Amen the OLine.  Great protection against that Defensive front.  

The way Bernard played today, it was like having 2 Milano’s out there at the same time. 

I’d add Davis and Epenesa.  

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Being really strict on three and three...

Allen

Davis

Diggs

Bernard

Epenesa

Floyd

EDIT: if Josh and Diggs ar automatic, then give to Cook and Murray.

The three and three is just for me.  I impose a limit because others should have their say.  You're free to post as many as you want.  

5 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Gabe "Welcome Back" Davis - Huge catches all day (we'll overlook the drop) and with his TD, the rout was on.  Gabe is having hisself a season so far.

Huh?  The TD catch for Davis was big.  But that was his only catch of the day.  Allen was 0'fer on all other passes attempted to GD.  

Game balls for the entire D-Line

of couse Bernard

Bass-o-matic

Diggs.   Did you mean, Diggs had huge catches all day?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

I can't give Davis a game ball

Another bad drop and can't make up any ground to fight for INT

So risk injury just to break up int that isn't gonna lose the game for us?  I want all Bills to be smart about not taking anything unneeded shots and to keep as healthy as possible.  Gabe has always given effort if at times the results us bad  gotta be aware of game  score the int posed no momentum  shift.  Did you criticize Diggs not knocking the int in first game out fr8om the defending cb  he tried but missed so that was a fail on Diggs as your gripe on Gabe. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.